Special 022 - Encounter at Megacon 2013!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Special 022 - Encounter at Megacon 2013!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Special 022 - "Encounter at Megacon 2013!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 118 min., 40 sec. (1:58:40) - 67.8 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Special Guest: Dale Rausch

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Introduction to Megacon 2013"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:05:00

02. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:05:00 - 0:05:49

03. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:05:49 - 0:06:49

04. 1st Segment: "The Megacon 2013 Experience!"
Runtime: 0:06:49 - 0:20:27

05. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:20:27 - 0:20:55

06. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:20:55 - 0:21:46

07. 2nd Segment: "The Star Trek: The Next Generation Reunion Panel" - Discussion & Panel Recording
Runtime: 0:21:46 - 1:49:14

08. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:49:14 - 1:49:58

09. Jabman: Defender of Destiny!!! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 1:49:58 - 1:51:11

10. Outro: "Closing/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:51:11 - 1:58:40

Chris & Dale take you through their experience at Megacon 2013, including the reunion panel of the entire cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation!

Even after all of that, you're still hankering for more Gundamn?! Well, catch us guest hosting on the following podcasts!
- Ikaricast: Season 4, Episode 30 (feat. Chris Guanche) - iTunes
- Ikaricast: Season 4, Episode 33 (feat. Neo Lorrnoke) - iTunes
- I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside: Episode 57 "Game-ception - Dot Hack" (feat. Neo Lorrnoke) - iTunes
- Tomocast Ep. 40: "Gundam" (feat. Chris & Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes
- Anime Addicts Anonymous Ep. 153: "Anime Inventions & Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" (feat. Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)
- Ep. 003 - Favorite Gundamn Moments and Top 3 MSV
- Ep. 004 - Top 3 Anime that made us the fans we are/Top 5 Grunt Suits

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Wingnut

Re: Special 022 - Encounter at Megacon 2013!

Worth every penny spent to get into that.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

What was the beard factor for this panel?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

Rather fun little special episode.
Also was it my imagination or could I heard Pedro in this episode during the pannel itself?
Brent Spiner has always seemed more fun or more so like Lore when not acting in Star Trek TNG itself.
Chris
Administrator

Mu La Flaga wrote:Rather fun little special episode.
Also was it my imagination or could I heard Pedro in this episode during the pannel itself?
Brent Spiner has always seemed more fun or more so like Lore when not acting in Star Trek TNG itself.
You heard Pedro because he was sitting next to me. I've seen Spiner multiple times, and yes, he's definitely much more like Lore than Data.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
NastyNate

I missed this panel and went to the smaller groups of the cast and the anime costume contest instead. The Spiner,Dorn,Burton, and the Stewart Panel where awesome! I got to meet Stewart, Spiner, Frakes, Dorn, and the world famous SoulBroRyu. The stewart and spiner meeting for my picture was real fast but I managed to give a shout out to Stewart for his role in Moby Dick I watched in English class. I actually got to talk with Dorn and Frakes during the autograph section. Dorn was great. I talked about his role with Dax in Ds9 and we talked about how he helped design the Batlith and the Martial arts classes he attended to make the battles that much more epic. Frakes was great too. He gave me a "RED ALERT!!! SHIELDS UP!!!" before I left.

It is amazing the difference that Friday/Sunday vs Saturday on the crowd. I did my dealers room shopping on the slow days and it paid off. It was so huge! I attended some panel about an upcoming comic and they had a promo video that the Hulk and Dorn played in. But the main highlight panel wise was the Spliner, Dorn and Burton one and the Patrick Stewart one. They filled the entire Hall F room just for Stewart on Sunday! He was really funny just like the other ones. I also went to the Q, Beverly, and Troy panel. It was on Saturday so I had to squeeze in the back.

The gundamn meet up was a blast! I hope soulbro post that video sometime soon.

Here's my pictures I took. My Dealers room loot is at the bottom. I got two gundam wall scrolls, 3 star trek posters, 2 autographed photos, and one picture taken with Stewart and Spiner. I plan to get a big frame and put my autograph photo's, one of the Next Gen Posters, and my photo in as like a collage. You can view even if you don't have facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... f85ef65c3d
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Mu La Flaga

Chris wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:Rather fun little special episode.
You heard Pedro because he was sitting next to me. I've seen Spiner multiple times, and yes, he's definitely much more like Lore than Data.
Although, at least he doesn't go around killing people or plotting schemes to mess around with people.
So not totally, but yeah his sense of humor and other things are, seems like a fun guy.