Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

HELLO!

1. Picture yourselves in an alternate 1980's where Gundam is an American cartoon that aired every Saturday morning. What would the show be like overall?

2. What other takes on Gundam would you like to see? Here are a few examples: Steampunk Gundam, Techno-organic Gundam, Sentient alien tech Gundam, Ninja Gundam, Tolkien-esque Fantasy Gundam, etc...
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
ExiaL2

Hey guys, long time listener first time poster. I was wondering what qualities and personality traits you guys prefer in your ideal lead character for an anime, or for that matter Gundam.
the Gatekeeper
Location: The Endless Illusion, a paradise for fools. A place for lost souls where savage dreams abound.

Cutting down the (sillier) questions:

I'm a huge Megaman fanboy and I'm not ashamed of it... But Soulbro, this one's for you. Each installment the original NES Megaman series: DLC before DLC.

Did Spike and Vicious really die at the end of Char's Counter Attack?
And did Amuro and Char really die at the end of Cowboy Bebop?

The VOTOMS live-action question was talking about Hollywood.

What do you (yes, yes, I'm aware that I've posted this already but I didn't have these pictures last time) guys think of Kojima's new direction for Zone of the Enders? Here's the new Jehuty. Anubis? I think my avatar is the new Naked Jehuty. Ardjet?

Do any of you guys watch the show Dan vs.? I do, it's really good. (Shuffle through a million Friendship is Magic episodes on the guide before you reach about two episodes of Dan vs.) It's the perfect blend of jokes that can appeal to multiple, if not all demographics.

What are your takes on the new Robo-cop design? I've heard people say that it's too much like a suit of armor and not enough like an actual robot. (I think it's alright, but there's just something about the original one.)

So Chris, do you think Bruce Campbell would make a good Roger Smith? He's got the chin for it.
Last edited by the Gatekeeper on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Men, they're all idiots. All you have to do is wear something tight, wave your ass at them and they're yours."

-Suzuka Hime (Mugen no Frontier)

... Are we that predictable?
Kei Katsuragi

WARNING: Capcom question, however this extends to Chris and possibly Neo.

I was never that big of a fan of Capcom but the franchise I love to death from them is the Breath of Fire series. Have any of you played any of the five BoF games?

And second question, only for Soul Bro: Have any characters from BoF appeared in any Capcom crossover games?

http://bit.ly/PD1yKT
Last edited by Chris on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please shorten ginormous links that stretch out the page formatting
Arbiter GUNDAM

Gundamn Crew,

Have you seen the trailer to Macross FB7 yet and if so, what do you think of it?

Now that the trailer to Iron Man 3 is out, what do y'all think of it? Neo, did you do a little dance of joy?
From what we saw in the trailer, what do you think the movie is going to be like?
Oh and Chris? You called it all the way back in episode 54 and you were right: Tony's house DOES get blown off the cliff! :D
Last edited by Arbiter GUNDAM on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
angelwingzero

have you guys seen he previews or the new demon-tastic Zone of the Enders 3? What do you think of the change in the aesthetic theme from the last two games?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Turn-A Binker

Ignore post. Sorry.
Last edited by Turn-A Binker on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kei Katsuragi

New Questions! One for each of you.

I'll start with Chris because he's the most important because he's the one reading the mailbag: Whenever you watch Mospeada (by yourself) and the opening starts to kick into gear do you, like me, wail along with the vocalist on the awesome English lines like "Do you remember that old lullaby?" and "Lonely soldier boooooy"?

Soul Bro: I recently have seen a show you talked a lot about in the early days of Gundamn, Argento Soma. All opinions aside, would you like to see someone like Ryu Soma be the lead of a Gundam series?

Neo: I stumbled across your ol' Myspace page recently. I couldn't help but notice a picture where you proclaimed you hate the infamous Luther burger from the Boondocks. By god man, how did you survive, and more importantly: how did it taste?
Last edited by Kei Katsuragi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Fowl Sorcerous

Neo, I need your help.

I keep having these lucid dreams about unicorns and then when I wake up I find myself in the middle of singing All along the Watchtower. What should I do?
[[lorem ipsum]]
Gundam420

Hey Gundamn crew. How's it going?

1. This first question is for Chris. I know that MAHQ is primarily for Mecha, but have you ever thought of putting character profiles and bios?

2. This one is for Soul Bro: Being Gundamn's resident Capcom aficionado (or in Chris and Neo's eyes, it's battered wife), what Capcom franchise would you like to see revived? I would love to see a new Dino Crisis game. I know the 3rd one was crap but imagine a Dino Crisis game with Resident Evil 4 style gameplay. And of course the ever lovely Regina.

3. Which Gundams do you think people like to overrate, as in overblow their abilities making them seem more than what they are?

4. Conversely which mobile suits do you feel are underrepresented as far as their abilities go? (ex. Model kits that do more than what they actually do in the show, like the 00 Qan[T], Destiny, etc.)

5. Am I the only one who's getting sick of seeing lead Gundams getting remote weapons? It seems ever since Strike Freedom, having funnel-type weapons automatically makes a Gundam a God machine. Granted the way the 00 Qan[T] used it's bits were pretty original, but I'm afraid that we're gonna see more lead Gundams in the future getting funnels as an excuse to make them uber powerful. Most of the Gundams in the 80's and 90's didn't need them. How do you guys feel about this? Am I just overblowing this whole thing?

6. I noticed something interesting when looking at some of the pictures of the Gundam Front Tokyo Exhibit. There's a wall that showcases Newtypes throughout the Gundam series, and surprisingly one of them happens to be Loran Cehack. I don't recall there ever being any moment in Turn A where Loran displayed any Newtype prowess. Funnily enough, Mu and Rau who are confirmed by Fukuda as Newtypes are not present. What are your thoughts on this?

Here's a link to the picture in case you were wondering:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NZP3woS9Sj8/T ... 600/52.jpg

I know it's alot of questions, but thank you guys for taking the time for these. As always keep up the good work.
Last edited by Gundam420 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
m121akuma

I have a very important question for the three of you. Which is a greater stain on the Transformers franchise: Revenge of the Fallen, or Kiss Players (if you are not aware of Kiss Players, this is all you need to know: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Ki ... anchise%29)?
sakurangel

Hi chris and minions( yes i sayded)... anyhow I'm here to make one or two audience people...

what will happen first turn-a-gundam in dvd, seed movie, or g-sabiur re-realiase in blu-ray?

Second... what mobile suit main, ground, armor, or special you wish... no... YOU WANT to put out his misery from any gundam or mecha anime?(example, age-1 for be way to outdated for 50 years and get beatout in any battle after generation 2 ends)
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
haro_meister

Hi Gundamn,

I just finished watching Broken Blade and I was wondering if you guys can do a little round up for it (since it was mentioned a few episodes back).
Last edited by haro_meister on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saber

1. In the past you have discussed the (im)possibility of a female protagonist in a Gundam series. But how about the opposite, a female main antagonist? We haven't had those since Haman back in ZZ. Only thing we're getting these days are crazy female pilots / girlfriends (Katejina, Stella, Louise, GIRADDO SPURIGGAN). Likewise, how about a female masked rival?

2. Since it wasn't brought up in your discussions of Gundam Unicorn episodes 4 and 5, what's your take on Ken Narita aka Orange-kun as the new voice for Bright Noa? Personally, if I didn't know that Suzuoki was dead, I hardly would have noticed the difference. He's that good.
angelwingzero

Posted this over in Chaos Theater, I'll ask it here as well. What do you guys think of Disney acquiring the Star Wars Franchise? Some restraint and good movies, or more pimping and whoring under a new banner?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO!

1. Do you like your protagonist mecha remote-controlled or controlled from inside a cockpit?
2. Do you like your protagonist mecha fighting melee combat or ranged combat?
3. Do you like your protagonist mecha painted in cheerful bright colors or in depressingly desaturated colors?
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Proteus

Hello Gundamn crew,

1. BSG Blood & Chrome will be airing on Machinima Prime youtube channel on Nov 9th 2012 (by the time u read this, its should hav already been aired) a total of 10 epi, 7-12 minute each. Hav u guys seen it and if so wat do you guys thought about it? For Neo, seeing d Admiral kicking some toaster butt again does it rustle ur jimmies?

2. For Neo, if Jabman were to challenge u to a duel to the death Gundam Fight what will u do? Please be noted that he'll be using SF plus he'll be in seed-mode, plot-armor-mode, main-character-mode, spam-mode, jesus-mode and bloodlust-mode. To balance this out, u can do whatever that u like including kidnapping, etc but ur only allow to use mobile suits. Chris will be in the Turn-A and act as the announcer while Soul Bro will be in the Turn-X and he can be the ring girl. Gundam Fight, ready go....

ps: As a reminder, Chris if u decide to end it all with moonlight butterfly please do take into consideration that the only other person that would survive is Soul Bro in his Turn-X and you will be stuck with him for the rest of your live, you dun want that do you?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.
mobiusdiablo

Soulbro!

I heard on the Tomocast that you're catching up with Sword Art Online. How do you like it? And - I already know your man for this show as well - Nagata, the useless wimp friend. Dunno if you're that far ahead though with all that Netflix and Hulu :P
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
The Loser Villain

With Bandai DVDs becoming harder to find as they go out of print (and people jack up the price) are there any series you would suggest looking into (other then Gundam, I have most of those)? I just bought up both Code Geass seasons and I'm looking to get some of the shows I may have missed out on.

Thanks!
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
animalia

Who do you think is worse Marissa from Gundam age or Kakizaki from Macross. For my money money i would say kakizaki. this is because while Marissa does have a lot of spunk at least doesn't boast as well. In other words she may enjoy her job but she doesn't kid herself that she is ace material like kakizaki did.