TARRRPG Chapter 5: African Assault pt. 2

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Terrace

"Then I suppose I'll head to my quarters. If I am a Newtype, it would be a good idea to practice in secret." With that, Terrace left the bridge for the room he was assigned. When he got there, he locked the door and sat on the bed. Closing his eyes, he tried to stretch out his mind.

Emily, are you there?
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Kylern

-Ceres Hangar-

No answer... Several tears fell from his eyes as he realized that nobody answered his call. He could have sworn he had felt her presence. The reality that she was dead was like a shovel to his skull as a sharp migraine filled the cavity between his ears. His body lost the will to stand and he dropped to the ground with his back to a crate of ammo.

"I can't believe she's dead..." This was more of a dribble then actual speech as silent tears flowed from his eyes. He didn't make much of a noise as he was being torn apart on the ground. His fist clenched and he struck the crate behind him out of anger. He wished that he could take his fury out on the person that caused him this pain... Gai had killed her and then bragged about it like it was a freak game. Something had stopped him from strangling the guy and now he was regretting it. He was stuck on a ship with the man that killed his twin sister. At least no one would know he was in pain right now. His previous NT power had been cut after that tremendous outburst. He would suffer in peace.

-DC HQ-

As he drank his coffee he suddenly and unexplicently felt depression. Quickly he got up and looked at himself in the mirror to find his eyes were starting to water. "Damnit not again... Why can't you just move on and quit acting like this." He asked himself, well actually he was asking Kyle but there would be no response. Instead he just put his fist through the mirror to get the thoughts out of his head.

"Leave me alone! I'm sick of you messing with my head." He blurted this out with anger that quickly cooled down after realizing he was still in the lounge. He realized he had just made a scene and was more embrassed then anything.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
sephiroth00055

Sephiroth
Sephiroth could see that the plan had worked. The Mobile Armour was unstable. He took this advantage and flew in to strike the killing blow. He pulled out his two beam sabers and boosted forward towards the large mech. Sephiroth said, " Now your finished and flew right beside the mobile armour. He then stabed at it with both beam sabers hoping to kill it.
Cybaster

-Emily-

It was when Emily was just heading for the lounge to keep herself refreshed and recover from all the goings-ons before when she heard someone prodding at her mind. Actively. Someone was calling her, and the sensation wasn't unpleasant at all, unlike the whole deal with Zabo. Blinking and sitting down next to the lounge window, Emily closed her eyes and mentally poked back.

Is my shopping list approved, DM? Emily answered mentally, her voice there just as sweet and pleasant as it was physically. ...Oh, wait, it's you, Terrace. Hi, Terrace! How do you like psionics so far?
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Terrace

I like it fine. But could you keep my new ability a secret for a while? Someone bad might decide to do something to me if they know. We don't know who it is, but there might be a spy on the Ceres.

Terrace smiled.

Maybe in the next combat encounter, we can play around with my new feat's combat potential. After the spy is flushed out, of course.
Last edited by Terrace on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click Here!
Zangetsu

-Ceres-
Zangetsu had awoke in his quarters after the whole thing with Mike. He had taken a couple of advil to numb the pain. 'Dang, what happened up there?' "I need to get out of here." he said as he stood up and walked to the lounge. He noticed Emily was there. "Hey Emily." he said as he picked up the end of her conversation with Terrance. "Ahh, so he is one as well." he said as he sat down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Takemikazuchi-
Alex awoke in the ships medical facilities and painfully ralised he had failed again.
Terrace

Zangetsu, is that you?

Terrace frowned.

PLEASE don't tell anyone yet. If there's a spy on board, he might kill me!

Click Here!
Zangetsu

'Yeah it's me, and don't worry I wouldn't tell a soul. I am one as well, so it would do me little good. Nice to see a new newtype on the ship though and good luck with your powers.' Zangetsu told him and he got up and poured himself a glass of water. "Want one Emily?" he asked.
Cybaster

-Emily-

Emily smiled and nodded in approval.

Sweet. I'd like that, Terrace. I can't wait four more levels, either; Another four Occult Slayer levels and I can elect to become immune to Mind-Affecting Effects whenever I want to, so I can't be messed up by something like what happened a few hours ago anymore. And my Will Saves are going to be off the roof by then, too---oh, hey Zangetsu! Emily mentally waved as Zangetsu entered the room, and physically shook her head. Nah, I'm good. Just waiting for the DM to approve my shopping list. Are you hearing Terrace, too?

-????-

A few hours later, unknown location, Lunar surface

Had the Dezpada's pilot known of Wraith's presence, he would've been no stranger to the cloaking device technology the Blitz employed. The base the LRX-088 Dezpada had originated from was an undisclosed location, a facility built underground into the Lunar surface proper and camoflaged underneath it; What was distinct about this base was that it was protected by a series of four Hyper Jammer ECM Systems in addition to visual camoflage, rendering the base vicinity undetectable to even the strongest of radar.

As such, this was a facility that neither the Federation, Fandom, nor Divine Crusaders knew even existed. And it was better kept that way.

After coming directly in from above Lunar orbit and diving downwards into the protected base vicinity --- the Dezpada's binders flared, turned upwards, and uprighted the Mobile Suit just as it was about to near the surface --- the unknown Newtype Mobile Suit paused for awhile, then glided over to a small spot next to a rather large crater, landed, and stood there serenely. A moment later, the hidden elevator right beneath the Dezpada lowered, bringing the Mobile Suit into the shaft and deep into the facility while the camoflaged hatch closed. For all anyone knew, the Dezpada disappeared into thin air.

After awhile, the Dezpada finally emerged at the bottom of the shaft and into a wide, brightly-lit and titanium-plated hanger. While the technological organization of the hanger was comparable to even the Ceres, it was still, from the looks of things, under construction; holes in the hanger walls open up into Lunar tunnels, some loose and dangling cables spat sparks from various places onto the floor, and some of the lighting were intermittent. Frames of incomplete Mobile Suits in various stages of completion --- some remotely resembling the Dezpada, some not --- stood lifelessly in neat rows along the hanger walls, in the middle of which the Dezpada walked, glanced around once with its monoeye, and stopped.

Then it finally powered down, and the cockpit hatch opened.

As the Dezpada jetted steam from its various vents while it powered down, the pilot --- enigmatically handsome and lean with dark blue, long waist-length hair running down his back, pale skin, deep, blue-set eyes and a bishonen-like long face, wearing a dark blue tuxedo suit instead of a normal suit --- emerged and began climbing down its right leg, finally coming to a stop on the hanger ground. He looked around once, and for a moment, it seemed he was alone in the hanger.

But then he saw him --- clad in a Palpatine-style cloak, features obscured, and resembling the fictional Star Wars Emperor even though he really wasn't all that old, at best he was middle-aged and quite fit enough to fight; Maybe this was part of what was called Overdramatic Exposition Effect, anyway --- in front of him, walking towards him, and it had been as if he had always been waiting there.

The handsome pilot bowed reverently to the cloaked man and walked beside him, further into the hanger. For the first few seconds, neither said a word. "Well done, my apprentice." The cloaked man finally said, his voice somehow booming despite being light with a sneering, sinister tone. "I trust the Dezpada was optimized to you?"

"It's min-maxed enough, Master." Melodius Greye, the pilot of the Dezpada, nodded without looking at his 'master'. "The Touch AC wasn't as high as I'd like and that fool Stele got a lucky hit in with his Incoms. I'll have to look into some extra Deflection bonuses. But otherwise its AC is godly high and good enough, and the Psyrods' reaction times are at 75% optimum levels."

"Excellent. Only a few more tweaks and the Dezpada will be prepared." The 'Master' answered, nodding. "You are powerful enough as far as Newtypes go with a 24 in your Charisma, but I do not want to begin testing System Fafnir yet, not until its reliability for multiple pilot use has been tested. I do not want any random d20 side effects that might compromise the secrecy of this project. Do you understand now, Melodius?"

Melodius sighed, his question answered. "Yes, my master."

"Good. Project Sirene is right on schedule; the 'Old Men' want results and are demanding a status report and the Gundam Party seems erratic in their movements, which is making them even more paranoid and on the watch for plot twists, but you leave them to me. You just concentrate on optimizing your stats as much as possible for the inevitable Big Bad Reveal."

Another pause. Melodius had a doubt. "Master." He began, glancing sideways at the obscured visage of his master. "What of the Unicorn? Is it right of us to give it away like that?"

"It is of no concern." The words silenced Melodius, who could only nod. "Sisquiede is nearly finished, and we have no further need of the NT-D System aside from Destroy Mode's performance stat bonuses. If the time comes that we *do* require the Unicorn, it will be taken back."

"But what of Stormgunner?" Melodius' eyes narrowed in disdain at the name. "She is growing stronger in our ways. Sooner or later..."

There was a pause. "Yes...growing powerful, she is. The deeper she goes into her current path is a greater victory for us. She is starting to feel it, Melodius --- the power within her, the concept of XP, and most importantly, the joy of powerstatting and rush of optimizing and min-maxing. She will turn eventually, Melodius. She will eventually, as all who follow her path...and ours...do. And she will understand in time."

"I cannot feel confident about it."

"Let not your envy cloud your judgment, Melodius. In time, she will be a powerful ally. For now, everything is occurring as I have foreseen...victory will be ours in the end, Gundam Party or not. Set yourself free in your Epic stats and revel in victory. You have earned it."

And that thought made even Melodius smile sinisterly. "Yes, my Master...soon, we shall reveal ourselves to the Roleplayers. At last...we will have revenge."
Last edited by Cybaster on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu walked back over and sat down. he tooke a few sipps of water before resuming the conversation. 'Yeah I can hear Terrance just as I can hear you, even if I don't understand the way you talk.'
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

While Gai waited on Ryker he took the chance to try reaching out with his mind. He wanted to be sure Wan's words were true even if he felt quite sure that Wan had no reason to lie about it.

Gai had expected that like in his own world something like an iron wall would prevent him from reaching out. Though the result was the same, the sensation was different. In this world reaching out felt more like starring at a TV filled with static. Gai was unsure why but he knew that the "Static" was masking what a normal newtype would "see". Then Gai had a curious thought

'what would it be like if someone tried to sense me through this static?'

with that Gai gave up the vain attempt and returned to watching the bridge crew at work.

Raven/Wraith

the battle had shifted to a Zero-sum game between the two warships and none of the pilots on either side caught his interest. The pilot of the Dezpada left after being seemingly overwhelmed. Though the way the machine moved suggested the pilot had perhaps been ordered to fall back rather than beaten. Raven turned and left continuing to mask his own presence.

If he received no orders in a week he would start to act.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
The Big Zabowski

Ceres Lounge

*clip* *clip* *clip* *clip*

The clicking of boots stopped at the drink dispenser in the corner of the Ceres' lounge as a figure with a bandage around his head and neck paused and made a selection from the vending machine. There was absolutely no sound from the man as he crouched and pulled a tin of iced tea from the dispenser and ticked his neck slightly, a barely audible, metallic click coming from his neck as he turned and looked across the expansive room. His normally hazel eyes had now taken on an almost gold color, twinkling slightly as he took in the mass of people.

Now, Captain, I'd appreciate it if you brought those two GM pilots in for a little check up. That last fight was quite harsh, and a good looking over would be beneficial to the team, don't you think?

A small mutter of 'Aye' came from his mouth as he paused his gawking and settled in on Ralph and Joe, sitting around minding their own business as they took advantage of the downtime to grab a bite to eat. The clicking of the boots started again as Mike approached the two pilots and cracked open the tea tin, taking a sip before pausing at the table. Looking down to the two pilots, he looked one over after the other and sighed slightly.

"The Doctor would like to see you two. Something about G stresses.. Could be involved with issues that came up in the hangar reported by the techs, so he just wants to see if you're alright."

With that said, he stepped back from the table, and waited for the pair to follow him to the infirmary. If the Newtype Trio tried to even read anything in his head, they'd find that ringing from earlier would penetrate their minds, breaking their concentration and making it practically impossible to read what went on in that tampered skull of his.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Terrace

Zangetsu, how many times do I have to tell you? My name is Terrace, not Terrance. There's no 'n' in the name. I'm gonna check on Mike. Be right back.

With that, Terrace focused his mental energies toward locating the former Fandom pilot. When he did, he was taken aback by the incredible pinging he was 'hearing.' It was enough to break his concentration, making him grab his head from the pain. A moment to catch his breath, and he re-established contact with Emily and Zangetsu.

Holy CRAP. l heard this awful pinging coming from Mike. I couldn't send him a message, or read his thoughts at all! Something's wrong with his mental state, and I wanna find out what it is.

-Joe and Ralph-

The two pilots looked at each other and shrugged, getting up to follow Mike to the infirmary.

Click Here!
Zangetsu

Zangetsu tried to find Mike himself and found the pinging Terrace had mentioned. 'We should get the other pilots and figure out whats going on. No matter what they'll help us out. Ohh, and sorry about the name it's just what comes to mind. Where should we meet to start the search for Mike?' asked Zangetsu. 'This worries me, the Federation showed interest in newtypes. Maybe someone from the higher ups wants Mike for experiments.'
Terrace

I think he's in the lounge. I'll be along shortly, I have a headache from the pinging.

Terrace started rooting through his room, looking for asprin.

Click Here!
The Big Zabowski

Ceres Infirmary

Mike paused at the door and reached a hand out to the biometric scanner on the access panel to the frames right side. The scanner ran a laser reading of his hand print, and after several seconds the door beeped and hissed open. With the pair to his back, he smirked and gave a slight nod to the medical staff, who unbeknown to the pair, were wearing that blank look on their faces again. As he stepped inside, he moved off to the side to allow the pair to enter.

With his right hand, he grabbed a small spring punch like device off of a tray, a small forked end akin to the pronged surface of a computer chip replacing the normal single point. A Female technician on the other side of the door grabbed a similar instrument, the two charging the 'punches' with a thumb tap to the end of the instrument.

With the pair inside the room, the doors slid closed.

"The doctor will be with you shortly."

Mike and the technician then injected the punches into the base of the pilot's skulls..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cybaster

-Emily-

Emily mentally nodded, but it was obvious enough: Zangetsu's words have her worried. Okay okay, sure. I think Kirie would be glad to help out, too...he was in there when everything went blank and for a moment he felt trapped...

The prospect of what Kirie experienced made Emily frown and sulk.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
SNT1

"Okay, they tell us to meet with a Federation official, yet, they don't tell us exactly who to meet, and then leave us in a dark like this? Not exactly the best to advertise our product, eh?"

"Calm down, Slugs. With battles apparently everywhere I'm sure we're bound to meet a Feddy sooner or later!"

That was Antonio, talking to Slugger, in his home base of operations in Flagstaff, Arizona. They were to serve as a freelance pilot, but the Federation hadn't given them any clues at all at what they should do. They were too busy, perhaps.

Slug is flying in his ZetaPlus CX, their latest product, in Wave Rider mode. It had a huge decal on the flight stabilizer and on the pair of wings, 'Sidewinder' spelled out for everyone on the battlefield to see. Without really knowing anything, He simply tries to traverse the mountains and get to the West Coast---surely there are some bases there. Slug calmly cruises, with all but two engines running.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

Raven/Wraith

Raven had requested an audience with Sterling and was now waiting for her to call him. He wanted two things information on the Dezpada and it's pilot and permission to act.

raven had his reservations about Sterling. He had been here much longer than she had but his loyalty to the Fandom extended to her and it was not a loyalty he would break. As long as she worked in the Fandom's best interest he would serve her as he had served her predecessor.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Raven Sterling -

Raven had returned to her own R&D lab outpost after testing the mobile doll system and now was in a private meeting chamber where she could meet with people away from the eyes and ears of anyone else.
An aide entered and announced that Raven had arrived to see her.

"Send him in."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.