Round 2, Fight 2: Neo Egypt vs. Corsair State

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Round 2, Fight 2: Neo Egypt vs. Corsair State

THIRD GUNDAM FIGHT
ROUND 2, FIGHT 2
NEO EGYPT vs. CORSAIR STATE

- Mojave Desert, California -

December 6th, FC 16

Late afternoon in the Mojave Desert. The audience gathered in airships over the theoretically-limitless combat area for the next match of the finals.

Supporters of Neo Egypt weren't sure what to expect. They were somewhat annoyed that they, once again, had to travel to a remote, middle-of-nowhere location. The memory of their representative's anti-climactic draw against Neo Australia's Outback Gundam didn't to much to improve their mood, but they nonetheless remained hopeful that the Osiris Gundam could pull off an inarguable victory this time around.

The Corsair State's supporters, however...

If they were already rowdy during the match in South Carolina, then their conduct now beat doublefold. Knowing that Capt. Burke had come out the victor over her first opponent in the finals was cause for elation among the common crews, who'd once again come in force to support their representative. They reluctantly agreed to watching from the Commission's airships rather than from their own galleons, which the Commission had barred from flying into the match's airspace (there was an unspoken subconscious fear on the Commission's part that the pirates would use their weaponry to interfere with the match somehow). Even with that restriction, and even despite the time of day, the multitude of scruffy spacefarers had mostly filled themselves up with booze.

The speakers came on as the announcer began speaking.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the second fight of the second round! Here in the Mojave Desert two Gundam Fighters will clash to advance their place in the standings.

"On one side, we have Seth Mukantagara, piloting the Gundam Osiris for Neo Egypt!"

Neo Egypt's supporters put forth an effort to overcome their low spirits in the face of the rough piratical crews present.

"On the other, we have Morgan "Red Star" Burke, piloting the Corsair Gundam for the Corsair State!"

The pirates of the Corsair State responded in kind with their boisterous approval for their representative. Most of them were too busy doing this to hear anything the announcer said from that point on.

"Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, let the contenders enter the combat area!"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Turinu

Seth was sitting down outside of his cockpit; the chest was opened revealing the cockpit within, while he sat on top of the Osiris's chest, chugging down a 20 oz. bottle of water. While it wasn't exactly hot out it wasn't exactly cool, and with the dry brush around this particular area and various hills, he was quite happy.

"It's not the best desert but it'll do good to give us a bit of an advantage..." Seth said, finishing off the bottle of water.

Tossing the empty bottle from off the top of his Gundam, it made a small whistling sound as the wind passed through the open bottle, until it hit the ground.

"Captain Morgan Burke eh... the 'Red Star' of the Corsair State. She came out on top in her first match and I hear she's quite good in a mobile suit. Don't underestimate her." Isis said through the speaker in the cockpit, which was loud enough for him to hear.

"I got you... I'm more worried about her cannons than her, though. The only range we stand a chance at is long range to be able to avoid the cannons... I'll just have to try and disable them somehow." he responded, standing up.

"You better do better than last time! Just look at the morale of our fellow countrymen, they're depressed to be watching this!" she shouted at the easy-going Seth.

"I'm not here for them, I'm here for me. One cannot enjoy a battle any place else better than a gundam fight. As long as me and my gundam are satisfied, that's all there is to it..." Seth jumped down from the upper part of the chest and landed on the extended platform of the cockpit, which rose up as he situated himself in the middle of the cockpit.

The Osiris's eyes lit up as the internal screens turned on one by one, second after second. "The Osiris has her outperformed in various areas, but I'd still suggest being cautious. Don't be as careless as last time, and go into Burial Mode when you have to." Isis said as the final systems booted up.

"Yeah yeah, I got you." he responded, as the Osiris seemed to stretch itself out.

Now all there was to do, is wait for the signal to begin.
Heretic

The damage sustained in the fight against the Dutchman had been hurriedly repaired as Morgan’s ship crossed the continent from the east coast to the California Desert. Morgan herself had taken what rest she could, but the memory of the comfortable bed that was waiting for her back at O’Malley’s made her resent the captains cabin of her pirate ship. Space was limited, meaning even her cabin was small. It also didn’t help that she had to put on the façade that she was the toughest captain in the Corsair State. Having a soft bed and plush pillows wasn’t helpful to that image.

Her ship’s entrance into the arena zone didn’t have the flourish it had in her first match, partly because she was on time this time. As such, she had launched in advance and was already on the ground as the announcer began the introductions. Like Seth, Morgan was drinking from a bottle of water. She was thankful that she was only dressed in her trace suit, since her normal pirate garb would have been murderous in the heat.

Looking at the Osiris, Morgan tried to think of what strategy her opponent might use. She was still puzzling over that question as she climbed into the Corsair Gundam’s Cockpit and gave her ready signal.

All that was left was for the fight to start, and then she’d see for herself what this Egyptian had in store.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Wingnut

Even with the air conditioning on at full the Neo French referee still felt hot. 'And on top of this, I have to watch another girl fight, and it's that pirate wench no less. Well, at least she won her fight so it should be more satisfying when she loses.'

"GUNDAM FIGHT... RRRREADY... GO!"

(OOC: I told you the french guy was a bastard last round, now he's really living up to it.)
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Turinu

Seth nodded as the signal was given. The leg thrusters ignited as the Osiris launched itself backwards, leaving a trail of sand blowing up into the air in front of him as his Gundam went into full reverse. This was the only strategy he could adopt for now; his speed would allow him to avoid most of the cannon fire from long ranges, however closer ranges meant less intervals to dodge.

However, he wasn't about to give up his only few advantages; as he progressed backwards the rocket thrust created from his leg thrusters would torch the ground; it would be noted the back thrusters did not engage at all and in fact his feet were still on the ground. Thusly, not only was mass amounts of sand kicked him in front, but to the sides of that sand flames were starting to spread across the dry brush around him (though the rise in sand helped slow down the spread of the fire slightly).

When he achieved a distance that was border-lining on his sensor range, he extended his right hand as burial cloth shot out. Wrapping up in the form of a stick the two end points closed up really thin and sharp, creating a javelin-like weapon. Pulling back his arm with all his might he swung downwards and let go as the thickened cloth would rush towards the Corsair Gundam at somewhat fast speeds in an arc. It's low visible profile would make it harder to hit and view, however it would be easy to dodge.

"Alright Burke, let's see how good you are at playing cat and mouse..." he thought as he grinned.
Heretic

The Corsair Gundam wasn’t made to be fast, but its searching capabilities were among the highest in the tournament. Spotting the… whatever it was that was coming at her from the Osiris, wasn’t in any way hard, giving Morgan more than enough time to leisurely dodge it.

It was obvious that the Osiris’s pilot was inclined to stay at a distance, likely to afford him a better chance as dodging her Cannon. “Fine, I’ll play along…”

Levelling the cannon towards the Osiris, Morgan opened fire, shooting off rounds as fast as the cannon’s reloading mechanism would allow.
Turinu

Considering the range, the Osiris was able to pick up on the incoming shots as it began to accelerate to the side, using its thrusters in periodic bursts as it moved in order to keep it just ahead of the enemy attacks. The attacks would hit harshly behind the Osiris, hitting up dust and debris behind it, covering the Osiris in dirt but doing no real visible harm.

"That cannon can't have too much ammo, but we need to expect the unexpected..." he said to himself as he progressively closed the distance between the two units.

Each shot fired by the Corsair Gundam pushed him somewhat closer as he periodically boosted between his running. He was slowly closing the distance as he avoided the shots, and it could easily be seen as the shots seemed to get closer and closer to the side of the Osiris. When he was close enough the extension cloth in the arms began to come out and form into javelins; two per hand. Raising them up with the arms they would begin to glow a bright reddish yellow color, sharpening to a degree greater than the previous javelin.

"Burial Cloth, strike my enemy!" he shouted as he threw the javelins. The cloth behind the Javelins were still connected to the wrists as they lunged towards the enemy through the skies, aimed to strike at the knees of the enemy mobile suit.
Heretic

Morgan’s last 180 mm round clipped the first javelin, sending it spinning off before imbedding itself in the ground. The second came a lot closer. Dropping the empty Cannon to afford her slightly better mobility, Morgan jumped to her side as best she could. The second javelin passed by her right leg within ten centimetres.

“What will you do now Egyptian?” Morgan asked, even though she hadn’t yet activated radio communications with Seth. She had dropped her best long range weapon, but she had done that before in the previous fight to fool the Dutchman, Seth would now have to decide if she had dropped the gun because it no longer had any more shells, or if she was pulling the same trick.

(OOC: 1000th post!)
Turinu

"... Got you." He said over the com with a grin.

Each Javelin still had the glowing extension cloth around it, and both had embedded themselves in the ground around the Corsair Gundam, which had disarmed its weapon. One was behind and one was in front, and with the Osiris Gundam closing the distance while boosting to the side, one would be able to pick up on his pattern now; he was closing the distance with a circle formation, and now that the Javelins were in the ground with him going in circles around them with the cloth still attached, he would now begin to attempt to "wrap up" the Corsair Gundam.

Increasing the Osiris's speed to maximum output as it's feet came off the ground, the Osiris sped up in order to begin a rapid wrap-up around the Corsair Gundam. The glowing cloth which was attached to each javelin pole acted as a highly durable chain of sorts, which would wrap around the enemy as he continued to close a distance in a circular motion, binding the enemies movement. It was only his second time performing this tactic, the first time being used on an enemy gundam in the desert, which he properly "buried beneath the sands" with this technique. Luckily the Osiris had plenty of burial cloth, or special attacks like this wouldn't work. However, it's most likely he wouldn't be able to pull this off in succession due to the sheer amount required, lest he run out of it.
Heretic

“heh, bet you don’t realize…” Morgan said, activating a communications line with the Osiris, “…that I have the Devil’s Luck!” The words ‘Devil’s Luck’ were the activation phrase for the Corsair Gundam’s Brigand Mode. The affect of which, the Osiris was now well within range of. Vents opened expelling the sensor blocking cloud that quickly spread, filling the area and obscuring everything beyond a few meters.

As the cloud built, Morgan went to work, drawing her beam cutlasses from over her shoulders and deftly slicing away the Osiris’s cloth before jumping clear and into the thickening fog. All the Osiris would have seen of all this would have been the faint glow from her cutlasses before they faded from view.

The audience both Egyptian and Pirate began expressing their displeasure at not being able to see what was going on. The Egyptians muttered and grumbled, the pirates cursed and shouted and generally made a big commotion.

The only people who could see through the fog were the referee, by virtue of his dedicated observation MS, and Morgan herself. Upon activating the brigand mode, a large portion of power was channelled away from the Corsair Gundam’s actuators and into a powerful sensory system that not only acted as ECM to counter most standard sensors, but also increased the Corsair Gundam’s searching abilities beyond any other Gundam in the tournament. The bottom line was, Morgan could see the Osiris in the fog, but the Osiris couldn’t see her.
Turinu

The Osiris skidded to a halt next to one of the Javelins, after noticing his cloth had been cut. What was left seemed to cool down as it retracted back into the arm about three quarters of the way. Picking up the Javelin in one hand he tied a good knot with the rest of the cloth as it went limp and folded up within the Osiris's arm.

He could see the fog closing in around him; it'd be a matter of seconds before the enemy would be coming at him. Extending the arm which had the Javelin's cloth in it, he shot it out and it began to glow red; however, instead of forming up into a javelin it spread out like a huge propeller, solidifying. The other arm would do the same as it extended out as well in the same fashion. The Osiris then began to thrust backwards while the torso began to rotate; faster, faster, faster...

The arms spun with this large propeller-like extensions out of them as they began to pick up in speed. It took all of Seth's strength and endurance to withstand the extreme spinning of his mobile suit's torso, holding his mouth as he accelerated backwards. He was hoping to clear away the fog from around him as he backed away; not only that, but the sharpened blades which were doing the clearing would cut anything that stepped in front of them. However, there was only so much one could take spinning around at such speeds, and Seth was quickly nearing his limit before he'd have to stop.
Heretic

Morgan’s amused smile broadened as she watched the Osiris spinning around. “Well we can’t have that now, can we?” She was easily outside the range of the spinning blades, “Chest Vulcan cannons, five second burst, FIRE!” The 120mm cannons in the Corsair Gundam’s chest spun up and rumbled thunderously as they sent a spray of rounds at the Osiris.
Turinu

Just as Seth heard the sound of cannons firing, the Osiris cut one extension cloth with the other; stopping as soon as he verified the sounds position to send the sharpened cloth hurtling in the direction of the cannon fire, spinning towards the noise of the sound. However the sudden stop-short tactic caused Seth to stagger forwards as he vomited in his mouth, swallowing it to prevent himself from throwing up; none too soon did he stagger that a few of the 120mm shells impacted into the ground behind him, causing him to stumble forwards with a few piece of metal sticking into the back.

Forcing himself up the boosters ignited; the Osiris began to zig zag to the sides unintentionally as Seth tried to regain his footing and balance, the constant spinning having completely messed up his vision and balance. Another few shells impacted behind him as he stopped short and accelerated backwards, a few more shells impacting so close that the shrapnel from its explosions ricocheted off the exterior armor of the Osiris, pieces managing to stick into its armor, causing pain to the pilot. However, while he was staggering he had finally executed his plan; the wind generated from his rotary move cleared a path towards the radius of the fog, and it also served another purpose; to feed the flames around him and spread them in different directions.

Now the most of the desert in their general area was clearly ablaze with smoke and flames as well as fog, and nothing could be seen from the skies above aside from the obvious sparks of cannon fire coming from the Corsair aimed in the direction of the Osiris. Finally regaining his composure it was just in time to dash to the side to avoid another shot from the Corsair, hitting the ground hard. "Damned machine has high search capability in this mode... time to disrupt it ourselves..." he said as he held his chest while getting up, slight pinches of pain occurring as more shrapnel embedded into the body of the Osiris.

The extended piece of extension cloth went limp and began to swiftly draw back, wrapping itself around the arm and eventually covering most of the upper body of the Osiris. The other arm began to spread the cloth across the Osiris too, covering the rest of the body in a red glowing aura of burial cloth. Standing within the flames, it was no wonder Osiris would now be easily identifiable from above as well as to the Corsair; however after a few moments passed.. another Osiris appeared; and then another, and then another... All visible to the eye, and real to ones sensors. Each mirage, including the real Osiris, reached to their sides and drew forth one of the Beam Shotels; though the beam shotels could not activate their beams, they were now heated weapons covered in burial cloth, waiting to slash into their foes.

Igniting the thrusters to full, each Mirage seemed to mimic the real Osiris by glowing brightly; and then the Osiris was off at a faster speed then before, hurtling into the fog with its beam shotel drawn with its Mirages mimicking his motion. As he continued to accelerate more would seemingly appear one after another, for a current total of five mirages, six including the real Osiris charging towards the center of the fog. The radio went silent as he closed communications; speaking on the radio would only help reveal his actual position.
Heretic

(OOC: Sorry for the long wait, the reasons for the lateness have already been stated, so lets get back to it.)

The Osiris was one of six. Tricky odds for guessing. It was like a card hustler on a city street using slight of hand to con ignorant tourists. Try as se might to keep track of the real Osiris, Morgan had no way to be sure which was which.

She frowned pensively, her only advantage at this point was that the Osiris still didn’t have a visual on her, and advantage she would quickly loose if she attacked the wrong Osiris. Unless…

Drawing one of her Beam Cutlasses from over her shoulder, she activated it and tossed it spinning towards one of the Osiris. Without waiting to see if the weapons trajectory was accurate, Morgan side stepped into a short sprint. Then she stopped, looking to reacquire her targets and waiting too see how they would react. The real Osiris would be able to tell where she had been by the angel of her tossed cutlass, but likely not where she was now.

Until she had a clear idea of which Osiris was real, hit and run tactics were the order of the day.
Turinu

The Beam Cutlass would pass through one of the mirages and as if alerted to the attack, all of the Osiris's mimicked each others movements as they looked in the direction of the attack. Each lifted up the shotel in their hands and threw them vertically; the shotels would spin in unison (six in all) flying in a sweeping motion as they would come back towards the Osiris units. This was a slight attempt to try and blindly hit the enemy without giving away his location; in all the meanwhile all the Osiris units ran into position to catch their respective Shotel.

"Need to find a way to blow away all this fog..." he thought to himself, searching for the enemy.
Heretic

“Well I know which one he isn’t” Morgan tagged the mirage as a fake, “now its one in five odds.” Without letting up, Morgan sent her second Cutlass arcing though the air at one of the Osiris and repeated her dodging movement in order to keep her location a secret.
Turinu

The second Cutlass would come straight at one of the Osiris units, spinning directly towards it as if to cut it directly in two. However before it could even reach its target, two lines of cloth would shoot out from the target that the Cutlass was flying at; one cloth would eventually give way and be cut in half by the blade of the saber, however the second would successfully wrap around the handle of the cutlass and pull it downwards, driving it into the ground. the fiery dirt would splash up and strike against this Osiris, identifying it as the real one.

Just as he was discovered however, the Mirages would all converge in a quarter-circle pattern in front of it, two in the front and then two behind them, with the last one directly in front of the Osiris. They would serve their purpose as an effective shield; even if they were mirages they were formed of solid particles of great heat; any physical object that would pass through this shield layered with five Heat Mirages would be negatively effected by the heat somewhat, which would lessen the damage to the actual mobile suit. After all the Mirages were designed for more than just illusions; they were meant to be thrown at the enemy in order to erode their armor. Of course due to the fog he wasn't able to do such, so he'd have to improvise allitle, now that his position was given away.
Heretic

The Osiris mirage formation was tacitly sound, if one expected a head on attack. Why the Neo-Egyptian took this stance with an enemy that could be anywhere was a mystery to Morgan. But a life of mistrust and deceit had thought her to be wary of such easy targets. The Egyptian could be bating her, drawing her into making a mistake.

“Two can play that game…” The fog around the Corsair Gundam swirled and dispersed as if blown away by a sudden wind, leaving a corridor of clear air between herself and the Osiris with its mirages between them. Morgan’s Cutlasses were on the ground closer to the Osiris, her Cannon was empty and discarded and she only had a few seconds worth of ammunition for her chest mounted vulcans.

She didn’t attack, she stood still, exposed and waiting. Whoever moved first and how could very well determine the outcome of this fight. Until that move was made however, both combatants were locked in a motionless standoff.
Turinu

Once the path was cleared, without warning as the Osiris' pilot spotted the enemy the Mirage's began to move almost instantaneously. The first two moved quickly as one got behind the other, followed by the other two and finally the last mirage. The Mirages seemed to split into two other illusions (For a total of four near the Corsair); they were no longer hiding the fact that they were illusions. They began an attempt to encircle the Corsair, prepared to follow it as it would move.

Then the other three seemed to split too, as if in a state of mitosis. They formed a straight line as they charged the enemy, Shotels drawn; the real Osiris mixed in with this group, most likely at the rear of the attack. The front-most Osiris would charge directly for the Corsair, no weapons drawn, but prepared to splash against the enemy and erode its armor. There were now a total of eleven Osiris' on the field... Ten being most likely the maximum amount of Mirages the Osiris would be capable of producing in this environment currently.
Heretic

Morgan had tagged the real Osiris the instant it was revealed, that tag still remained even as the Osiris made its move. “Bold move Egyptian…” Morgan said as she began to charge forward to meet the Osiris head on, “…But you’re too impulsive.” Without a hint of hesitation Morgan charged right though the mirages between her and her target. Leading with her left, she allowed the heat from the mirages to scorch the Corsair’s outer skin and armor. The pain was nothing, Morgan had lived through far worse inflicted on her own body, feedback was meaningless.

One after another the mirages dispelled as she collided with them with no sign of slowing down. Melted armor dripped onto the desert ground like white hot rain and still Morgan didn’t let up. And then, there were no more mirages between her and her enemy.

“Return to me, Blades of Vengeance!” As if pulled by an unseen force, the Cutlasses that lay discarded on the ground flew back to the Corsair Gundam’s hands. With only split seconds before she collided with the Osiris, she flipped the blades over and turned to lead with her undamaged right side. Morgan’s right blade was aimed at the Osiris’s neck, the left down low at the machine’s groin where both legs connected to the body. Her intent was to collide with the Osiris face to face with little though to her own defense. Pain and adrenalin filled her with a burning rage that called out for the Osiris’s head.