EP.1: Welcome to Barstow

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: EP.1: Welcome to Barstow

Amy did little more than raise an eyebrow as she sat in the booth, her face having an expression of boredom at Vann's outburst, though on the inside, she was contemplating giving him an attitude adjustment by sawing his head off with one of the knives sitting on the table, fortunately for him, kate and sammy had both intervened

upon hearing sammy's offer of a job, amy turned her head slowly, sure she already had a decent ammount of cash rolled up, but it never did hurt to have more. besides, mobile suits are expensive to keep running

"i'm listening..." she said in reply, before turning her attention to Vann

"sure pal, i could follow you into the kitchen, and seeing as you like to talk so much, once i'm there i'l help with that by giving you a second mouth, how does that sound?" she said in a low calm voice, her straight razor sliding into her left hand but remaining hidden from sight
Last edited by blind_dead_mcjones on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flag Fighter for life!
Adrikan

'Oh lord, what did I get myself into this time?'

Magnus stood up, anticipating a retaliatory outburst from Vann, and began trying to diffuse the situation.

"Could you both please calm down? All of us have a reason for being here, and fighting like this doesn't help anybody."

As Magnus stood, he set his right hand on the bar to support him, revealing the telescope on his belt, but leaving his saber concealed. He pushed off of the bar, and his mantle fell into place around him, surrounding him from his collar to the ends of hs pants.
Inferno

-Vann-

"I'll get her her f*cking omelettes, just let me go see if this guy's steak is done." Vann snapped back. He rushed back to the kitchen. "HEY @SSHOLE, WHERE'S THE F*CKING STEAK?"

"IT'S RIGHT HERE, ARE YOU F*CKING BLIND?"

"NO, BUT YOU'LL BE IF YOU CAN'T GET ME A STEAK TO GO."

"HERE, JUST TAKE IT AND GO, YOU PEASANT."

Vann rushed the chef and grabbed him by the collar. His voice dropped substantially to a low, menacing whisper. "Listen to me, and listen once, you fetid piece of sh*t. If you ever call me that again, I will find you. And I will f*cking kill you. There will not be enough of you left to bury, not even enough to f*cking cremate. Do I make myself clear?"

"Very." The once-angry chef had been reduced to pure horror in the face of Vann's rage. Vann dropped him, grabbed the meal-to-go, and brought it to Regard.

"Terribly sorry about that, our chef seemed to be having some difficulties. I'll see to it you'll get free drinks next time you come." Vann forced a congenial smile as he waited for Regard to leave. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Gavin, one of the leaving Imperials flash him a blank smile. for some reason, he found it unnerving.

He turned to Amy. "We'll have plenty of time to get to know each other."

-Gavin-

As Gavin left, he smiled at the waiter, happy to see he had overcame his anger. He learned to chill, good for him. But still, something was nagging him. Did he know that guy from somewhere? Maybe. Maybe not. Whatever, he had to go back to base.
The Green Flame

"Ah finally, I was about to call the manager" he sighed as he took his most delicious steak to go. There was still more work to do on the Leo Cannon and he'd need that meal to get through the night. That and patience to deal with R&D and their excessive demands for better results.

"Try not to start anymore fights you guys!" he called out to the remaining workers and customers as he left the restaurant "I don't want to see this place burned down overnight!"
Rob DS Zeta

With most of the customers taking off, Eric finally decided to discard his hat and newspaper - crossword complete. He took a swig of the pathetic excuse for a soft drink that Kate had given him and turned to look at the place. Vann was still with the conscious, which was more of a let-down than a surprise, and everyone else seemed to be alive and not of too much threatening intent.

He looked at the the few non-Firebrand that were about. One of them was a rather tall and thick man covered by a cape of sorts. Eric gave him a brief look of intrigue before turning to the next one, an attractive blackette. She appeared to have Vann's attention, though, which entertained Eric more than it worried him. Luckily, it looked like Sammy was trying to hire her for the rebellion, too. That made things less likely to turn sour.

In all... two people. Well... it was better than nothing at all.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Inferno

-Vann-

The moment the last customer left, Vann's forced smile fell like a brick.

"OK people. Anyone want to tell me what you all were doing while your leader was lying on the floor bleeding while some fat@ss punk was going to beat her to a pulp? Anyone? I mean, I did hesitate before rushing to her assistance. I had thought to myself, 'Oh, the others must have it!' But no, I get up here and nobody seems to care about Sammy. So that leaves me with one simple question. WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Only two people other than me tried to stand up to that jack@ss, one being a merc and the other a F*CKING IMPERIAL. Don't any of you idiots get it? Sammy's the core of this thing. We need her more than anyone else. Anything happens to her, it's GAME F*CKING OVER."

He threw up his arms in frustration. Here was a great leader, and his idiot companions were just willing to throw her under the bus!
Attomoku

A lowball glass, still with a little whiskey left in the bottom that Kate had poured herself in congratulations for a job well done, sailed past right past Vann's ear and exploded on the wall behind him. Then she lifted the light machinegun with one hand and let it fall onto the counter with a clatter and fixed the man with a cold stare. "Chill. The situation was well in hand." she said, her voice flat, "The guy was too chickensh*t to do anything else and I was more than prepared to deal with him if he had." She laid a hand on the AUG for emphasis. "And Vann," she bored holes in him and continued speaking in her icy voice, "If you question my judgment like that again, I will give you a permanent attitude adjustment." Honestly, she wondered just how Vann had stayed alive up to this point out here with that temper of his as she busied herself with making herself a new drink and let Sammy talk business with the new hires.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Rob DS Zeta

Eric watched Vann's explosion and Kate's counterattack stoically, drinking some more of the root beer. He was, again, a little disappointed that Kate's glass hadn't hit Vann square in the eye, but, then again, really didn't care enough about either of them to say anything. The merc could see where both were coming from. While Sammy was important, he knew that he and Kate could have mowed down every Imperial in the room before they'd actually been able to kill her.

"Instead of blowing up over the past," he claimed standing up from his bar stool. "I think that we should be celebrating a day well handled... for the most part."
Inferno

Vann exhaled audibly, choosing to ignore Kate's threat. "You're right, Eric." Well, at least Eric was partially right. He might as well leave the past behind in order to go with the future. Celebrations could always occur later. Work was the fist priority. He turned towards Sammy. "So what's our next move?"
SNT1

--Sammy--

"ALRIGHT!" Sammy's voice shrilled far above everyone else. The whole dinner shtick was over, finally. She concludes that no one could act like she does, and therefore plans like these are bad. But they got by.

But she first turns attention to Vann. She pulls out a .40 revolver and points it at the troubled guy. "You? You calm down," she sneers. "I tried being patient with you, but I'm losing you right now. It's not your role to deviate from the plans and have an outburst. You do that crap in a mobile suit battle, you're on your own to be fed off by Empire-hired mercenaries. I won't hesitate to end you myself if you're going to ruin us." With no reaction to Eric and Kate's alleged non-help it was clear that they did what they did and thus Sammy had no problem with them.

After Sammy says that it seemed to talks off alot of pent up frustration. She takes off her apron and brings down the gun. She sits down in one of the dinner tables, exasperated for a bit. After a few seconds of silence from her, she beckons everyone to get back to their underground base for some planning.

"We have some more work to do. this time, we're targeting Lancaster," Sammy says, with some genuine smile behind her tired voice.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Adrikan

'These people are hopeless. If they're going to attack Lancaster, it will take a miracle for any of them to escape alive.'

Magnus walked over to the door, and leaned against it while looking outside the restaurant. As he reached the doorframe, Magnus cradled his forehead in his right hand, and began to consider what it would mean if he contributed to the apparent rebel plan.

'I'll never be able to return to the Empire if I go through with this! If only I had some way of knowing what to do, this would be much less stressful.'

Magnus looked up at the other inhabitants of the restaurant, and began to speak while struggling to keep his emotions in check.

"So, where to next?"
blind_dead_mcjones

"what a crew" amy mumbled to herself as they were led down a staircase, she had known this lot for all of 2 minutes and they had proved themselves to be rather..eccentric, the leader and the redhead were definately easy to get along with, the one dressed as a hobo seemed to be the voice of reason or something similar to that effect, and she hardly even acknowledged the existence of the one they called vann.

"lancaster huh" she replied with a long whistle to sammys statement about their target, talk about setting the bar high. "we talking scouting the place or making it a crater?"
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

-Vann-

Sammie's outburst finally shut Vann up. Trying to keep his compsore, he slowly inched his way to the bathroom. When he got there, he burst in, locked the door behind him, and sat down with his head in his hands.

What the f*ck is your problem, you idiot? Can you do anything right? Oh sure, go ahead an blame the others, you f*cked everything up. AGAIN. You're worthless, pathetic. You're a peasant. You always have been, you always will be. That's what the voices said. And he was right. You'll never be as good as him with your simple peasant blood. You pathetic sack of sh*t. Why are you even here? You came hoping you could find whoever that voice belonged to. Those voices. There were two of them. Yeah, so it could be two people. And they could be halfway around the f*cking world, dumb@ss. God, look at you. You're pathetic. I'm pathetic.

He didn't want to leave. He couldn't let anyone else see him like this. Were those tears he felt? He tried to suppress them. He didn't cry. He couldn't cry. He needed to just wait. Wait it out. Then go back to the others.
SNT1

--Sammy--

"Not exactly, maybe a little bit of both," Sammy responds to Amy. She rolls her eyes at Vann's retreat, but pays it no mind, for now.

"Thing is, my intel's a bit limited on how I can steal that data on the prototype mobile suits they have. I don't have their passwords at the very top level, "Sammy says. Some of the hacker operatives appear deflated, but the explosives experts can't hide a grin.

"I could wait a few days and do some more pity-pat theft like this bull****," Sammy says pointing out her bandage, but then brings up everything they know full circle. "Those thugs at the restaurant earlier, they'll be testing some mobile suits, and from what I hear they're pulling quite a bit of their Leos out of Lancaster. This is our chance," Sammy says, walking up into a table that provided a 3-D map of Lancaster.

"I can sneak my way in two-thirds of the way," Sammy starts, then pointing out a virtual map of the Lancaster lab. She points a bottleneck. "That's where my last prize key leads too. Anything over that is presumable two more locks and then the safe that contains it."

"I'm going to start off as chief inspector Reese on that first two-thirds, and then everything else after that," she stops and goes to another nearby table, picking up a high-technology plastic explosive, "we blow up."

"I'll need one more guy or gal with me to set up the explosives, though. I plan to put them around the entire lab area, and I can't do it smoothly myself. Any volunteers, or will I have to volunteer someone myself?" Sammy says.

Once a partner is picked, she would go over the details over the role of the pilots in mobile suits.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Inferno

-Vann-
Christ, what is wrong with you, Vann? Are you gonna just stand around talk sh*t then cry like a b*tch when you have to back it up? What would Jack say, huh? You didn't get this far by running and crying. Now wipe your tears and get back out there. Don't get sad, get mad, @sswipe.

Like an emergency autopilot, Vann's explosive anger overrode any and all angst. It was almost a gift, until his temper would make him lose control, ruin something else, and angst over that. It was a vicious cycle, but Vann never seemed to show any intrest in changing.

He looked himself in the mirror. I called myself pathetic? Time to prove myself wrong. He soaked a paper towel with hot water and washed his face, eliminating any evidence of his reprise into weakness. Now he had an opportunity to let it all loose. And boy, was he gonna let it loose.

Drying his face, he stepped out of the bathroom, choosing to stick to the back of the briefing. He was in luck, it looked like he was gonna hear where his Gundam could come in handy...
Adrikan

"I'll do it!"

Magnus strode forward confidently, and stood in front of Sammy. The time had come for Magnus to prove his value, and he would not pass it up.

"I have more infiltration experience than anyone here, so if you intend to raid Lancaster, I should join you."

Magnus thought for a moment, and realized he had not yet introduced himself.

"My name is Magnus Warren, in case I forgot to tell you earlier."
blind_dead_mcjones

"heh, suuuure you do" amy replied snarkily to Magnus' claims about infiltration experience, she got up from her chair and grabbed the plastic explosive, looking over the device before looking adressing sammy

"you know, there is a more time efficient alternative to farting about with these things" she put the explosive back on the table "a couple of fuel-air explosives from high altitude, and that place will be flattened. just sayin' "
Flag Fighter for life!
Rob DS Zeta

Eric looked at the black haired mercenary girl, rolling his eyes. Had she even been paying attention?

"Hey! Pay attention," he spat, taking another sip of the root beer. "We don't need it destroyed. We need something out of it, ya psychopath." he chastised the woman's destructive point-of-view.
blind_dead_mcjones

"its called cleaning up after you have what you came for, s*** for brains" amy shot back "you know, to set their project development back a few steps and having them busy sifting through the wreckage as opposed to chasing us down, as well giving the impression we're just there to blow the place up, not steal anything" she shrugged her shoulders "geez i thought you'd have at least an understanding of creating misdirection and the like"
Flag Fighter for life!
Rob DS Zeta

"It's also called consequences," Eric noted, rolling his eyes again. "If we pound the base into a crater, then who's gonna protect the settlements around here from the raiders and scumbags that are out there? You?" he looked the woman dead in the eye.

"Not to mention that, if we do it your way, who does the Empire blame?" he went on. "You don't think that the Empire's intelligence net knows about us? Chances are that - hell, I'd bet you three bottles of this sh!t-" Eric held up the empty root beer bottle. "-that some Imperial bag of slime is out there, right flippin' now, putting a hit on our collective head."

"If we level the base, draw any more attention to ourselves than we need to, they won't just think that we're a threat. They'll know." he looked at those around him. "What happens next? You don't think that a squadron of battleships will come and pound us all into dust?"

He then turned to Sam, feeling that he had talked enough. "Please tell me that what this psychopath wants isn't our plan, Sam. I know it's important, but we need to be as low profile as possible."