EP.1: Welcome to Barstow

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Attomoku

Re: EP.1: Welcome to Barstow

"Metal-gear," Kate quipped at Eric as she moved about the bar, bringing out a huge thing of onion rings that she pushed in front of Gavin to keep the weird guy happy and distracted.
She was relived to see the situation beforehand resolve itself naturally. Things had gotten pretty intense for a moment there, and Kate had had her hand on the machinegun under the counter the entire time.
Magnus got Kate's attention, "Excuse me, how much does a glass of water cost here?"
Kate took a better look at the man, he reeked of Merc. "Why, out of money?" She grinned and pushed a glass of water in front of him. "Water's free," she said before she leaned down and said conspiratorially, "but if you've got an MS and are looking for a job, I might be able to point you in the right direction."
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Adrikan

"It just so happens that I do have an MS, and I am looking for work."

Magnus picked up the water, and swished it around in the glass for a few seconds, carcely believing that it was all water and not a mix of 40% water and 60% sand like he had been forced to get used to. Magnus downed the entire glass in three gulps, and set it down gently on the counter.

"What kind of work do you have in mind?"
blind_dead_mcjones

Amy walked into the bar and grill with little to no fanfare and wearing a jacket over her flight suit, as she had discovered long ago that if you wore any clothing that consisted of more than one piece outside the vegas area, you would end up with sand litteraly everywhere on you.

cocking her head to one side as she could feel some dispersing tension in the air, like there had almost been a fight, she ignored the stares from the imperials and meandered over to one of the booths and sat down, grabbing a menu and lazily browsing through its contents while casually overhearing the girl at the bar offer some guy a job
Flag Fighter for life!
Attomoku

"What kind of work do you have in mind?"
"Chaos," she said to Magnus in a low whisper, "the guys I work for are likely going to need some firepower soon. If you're interested, stick around until after these clowns leave and I can get someone with purse-strings you can talk to." She leaned back and put her bartender face back on. "What can I get ya until then?"
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Zangetsu

-Siege-

“Fool. That is no way to handle the situation.” Siege said while looking at the fat Imperial. Despite the raised tension he didn’t worry, or even finger his weapons. That wouldn’t do till there was an actual situation to deal with. Still it was no wonder Rebellions kept taking place when some Imperials acted like that. Moving his eyes back to his food that was recently brought out Siege began to eat. Honestly the food was delicious, as advertised. They would defiantly be getting paid by him at the very least.

Moving to look at the waitress that brought out the food, Siege smiled eyes closed. “Thank you and sorry for that man’s behavior, miss. Don’t let him fool you into thinking we’re all bad.” Yes the proper way to control the populace was to make sure they were happy. Maybe not leading the best of lives, but happy with what they had. Siege would change that and more, once he attained the higher positions destined for him.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Adrikan

"I'd like a salmon cheeseburger, some oatmeal and a glass of orange juice, if you serve those."

Magnus sat up a little straighter, and put the money he had pulled out for the water back in his equipment pack. as Magnus moved, his saber strick the leg of his stool, making a light clacking sound, too low for most people to hear. Magnus leaned forward and whispered to the waitress.

"And, I can certainly contribute some firepower."
SNT1

-Sammy-

By the time she got to the restaurant, everything has seemed to be diffused, with only some looks at her from the different types of customers. One Imperial apologized on her victim's behalf. Of course, Sammy Firebrand doesn't buy that---getting beat up by an Imperial on top of her parents' lives in hiding can't be soothed over by an apology. Carrah the waitress, however, would have thought that they're not all too bad, after all. "No worries," Sammy says as she dismissed the altercation, though a new bandage is now visible on her left forehead. "Enjoy the food?"

Right after, though, she shot a few quick glances at the top Firebrand operatives and hired guns, with mouth motions that imply that she got what she wants.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Attomoku

Kate just looked at Magnus funny when he gave his order. "You're getting a steak and mashed 'taters," she said matter of factly, "That's what we do best here, and you'll like 'em." She rattled off the order to the cook before the man could even hope to protest.
Sammy came back out then and gave her a significant look, signifying their apparent success, Kate tried to return a significant look of her own and nodded at Magnus. Kate hoped she got the message.
Adrikan

'Okay, apparently I'm getting steak and mashed potatoes. Sure, why not.'

Magnus looked around the room, and he saw the waitress who had taken his order exchanging significant looks with another waitress. Setting aside the subject of how looks could be significant for another time, Magnus turned around on his stool and began looking over the room, focusing on the fat imperial who had caused all the trouble earlier. As he turned, his mantle shifted slightly, but not enough to reveal the saber at his waist.
Inferno

[OOC: Vann is actually a waiter, so I'm just gonna assume Regard's order was given to him]

Vann grunted as he wrote the order down. He sulked back to the kitchen and rattled off Regard's order to the chef. "Let me know when it's ready. I'm gonna go talk to Sammy." To the untrained eye, it appeared Vann was calming down. But to anyone who knew him, it was obvious Vann was simply bottling up his anger, getting ready to unleash it on the next idiot who provoked him.

He walked over to her. "You OK?" he grunted.
Rob DS Zeta

Eric continued with his crossword, having moved on after skipping the one about the nuke platform. He ignored Kate, her capped cohort, and the other goings on around him, though he did keep an ear out for any sort of disruption. This crossword was stupid. He had already skipped three answers, but had only answered two others.

"A five letter word for PMS? Who the heck made this puzzle?" he grumbled, writing in the only word that came to mind. "And where the heck's my sarsaparilla?"
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Zangetsu

-Siege Halphas-

“The meal was everything I was promised and more. You may have found yourself a repeat customer Ms… Oh how terribly rude of me. I forgot introductions. My name is Erin Halphas, but most call me Siege. May I get your name Milady?”

It would appear flirty, but Siege was merely curious. His boredom before had left him eager for conversation, and the staff were so far the only ones who seemed worth his time. Picking up his drink, which was now empty save a few cubes of ice, Siege dropped one into his mouth and sucked on it. Savoring the cold water he awaited the waitress’s response.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
SNT1

-Sammy-

"Pleasure... My name is Carrah," the posing waitresses says, with a smile. She caught Kate's glance, which means they're done. After these batch of thugs and the customers leave, it's closing time and deal with the real objectives. "You're trying to hard!" Carrah says, going on flirt mode. Before she could open her mouth again, Vann walked up to her.

"Yeah I'm ok," Sammy says. She did not know Vann as well, with him joining only recently, "Just doing my job!" She said too bubbly pointing out her recently acquired wound covered by bandages.

By this time the numbers in the little restaurant starts to thin.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

Amy frowned as she gazed at what was presented on the menu, she was really craving an imperial omelette for some reason but it wasn't on the menu at all, plus going by what the redheaded b**** behind the bar said, all anyone would be gettin' served is steak and mash potatoes.

taking off her sunglasses she pulled out the tightly wound up map she had acqiured in Mojave and looked over it, focusing on the bits that had been drawn on in what looked to be a black sharpie marker, her stomach grumbled again, forcing her to put the map away, there was no way she'd be able to focus with that happening every 15 minutes, looking out from the booth she whistled at the waiter and waitress having some hush-hush conversation

"can i please have one of these, two of these, an one of those?" she said, pointing at random selections on the menu with one hand "also why aren't imperial omelette's on the menu?"
Flag Fighter for life!
Zangetsu

-Siege Halphas-

“Ah, thank you for your kind words Carrah. I try to do my best daily.” Seeing as many were leaving Siege took it as a sign the restaurant was closing. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out some money. He put down enough to cover his meal on the table, than held some out to Carrah. “Here my dear it’s about 17%, but I don’t think you’ll mind the extra tip.” If she refused to take it Siege would place it into her hands as he passed her and headed out, letting it drop if she didn’t hold it after that.

Outside Siege looked out into the peaceful scenery. Grinning he pulled out some keys and went towards a jeep parked outside. Walking up to the vehicle he pulled open the door and jumped in. Closing the door behind him Siege pulled out a pair of black sunglasses and put them on, before turning the jeep on. With a look back over his shoulder Siege glanced back at the restaurant, then faced forward and took off towards where he left the CGUE.
Inferno

-Gavin-

Only now had the fool of the Empire begun to notice the tension in the room. He turned to his fat companion. "So, like, what's the matter, broski? Why you all like, mad 'n stuff? Come on, man, you gotta, like, help me help you with chilling and stuff." the fat Imperial muttered something very unkind and put his head down on the table.

-Vann-

"And I'll continue to do my job." Vann sulked over to Amy.

"Look princess. This menu? It's a lie. You can have any single f*cking thing you want, as long as it looks, tastes, smells, and feels like steak and mashed potatoes. But hey, I'm just some poor sucker who actually has to work for a living instead of going on crazy mercenary adventures or getting paid for being a massive @sshole. Imagine that! Look, you want something, go talk to the high and mighty chef. In fact, I'll take you there, your highness! I'm sure he would love a visit from someone so high and mighty as yourself!"
Attomoku

Kate pushed a root beer in front of Eric after his insistence. "..Closest we got if you're gonna b*tch about it." She said lowly before muttering to herself, " And honestly, who the hell thinks anyone carries sarsaparilla anymore."
She heard Vann's voice start to climb, dripping with sarcasm. Kate looked and saw Amy, who he was talking to. Kate modestly considers herself a decent read of people and body language from her less than ideal upbringing: noting the woman wasn't phased in the least by the larger angry man, she figures she might as well try to prevent someone from walking out of here bleeding, likely Vann. "Vann!" she called to him, "Shut up. She seems the type that'll put two in ya' without a second thought; Back down," she warned calmly before lambasting him for his temper, "Or I'll be fixin' to save her the trouble if you don't fly straight and quit harassing the customers!
Inferno

-Vann-

With a very audible sigh and an eyeroll, Vann signaled his reluctance to go along with Kate's request. "But seriously, if you want to place a custom order, you'll have to come to the back with me." He had to resist the urge to inquire whether or not it would be too much trouble for her.
The Green Flame

"Hey whats the hold up man?! You're chewing people out for honest questions and you still haven't served my food yet!" he called out with an annoyed voice. Seriously, what was with this place tonight? Long waits, fat slobs causing trouble, and constant tension. Why he was starting to think some of these waiters and waitresses had never served food in their lives.
SNT1

--Sammy--

"I sure don't!" Sammy snatched the cash right out of Siege's hands. Oh yeah, she might as well get something in exchange for her injury.

Of course. after all that, Vann's outburst was something that, quite frankly, she did not expect. But she did hear the mercenary girl ask for some omelettes. Sammy then asked Vann, with a forced smile, "Vann, you're getting this lady some #&#%@! omelettes, ok?" Seriously, this kid doesn't have the talent to be here, Sammy thought. It might be a recruitment failure on her part, but if this kid is as bad at mobile unit piloting, he's out.

Or it just might be the fact that from recruiting, planning and executing and the fact that she hasn't really had the proper experience to lead an entire rebellion, that Sammy is getting burned out. Whatever the case, she just flipped out the "CLOSED" sign in front of the eatery as the rest of the Imperials started to leave, thinning the customers further to just a handful... probably prospective mercenaries, as mobile suits outside are visible.

Nonetheless, trying to prevent that Amy chick from retaliating at Vann, Sammy tries to accomodate her. She looks around and asks her, "We need some firepower in the next few days... you interested?" Sammy says in a low voice at Amy, looking at her and then at her mobile suit outside.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/