Gundam: Outlaw's Advance Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
SNT1

Gundam: Outlaw's Advance Discussion Thread

First of all, many thanks to those people who voted this RPG in! Hopefully this will be a strong secondary RPG this time around, and those who did not vote for this RPG may find it interesting enough to give it a go as well.

Secondly, I will need two volunteers for special roles. Mainly, to control important characters for the two main sides. Send me a PM if interested.

Lastly, it's a discussion thread, so ask questions or shoot comments and concerns about this RPG. Ask about what's an allowed mecha or whatnot, who wants to join who, call dibs on mecha, or whatever! Let me remind you though, once I open the discussion thread, it's first come first serve on the mecha selection. Not too worry, we have lots to choose from :)

Signup thread will be available within 4 hours.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Adrikan

Re: Gundam: Outlaw's Advance Discussion Thread

I have some allowed mecha questions regarding CE units. Would a Windam be allowed, or is it only units from SEED and none from SEED Destiny, and if only units from SEED and none from Destiny are allowed, would a GuAIZ R be permissable, because it is basically the same as the original GuAIZ?
blind_dead_mcjones

I call dibs on a flag :)

actually i do have a mecha related question. in regards to suits with expansion packs, do they have to stick one default loadout or can they switch between packs if time and money allows for it? (eg: dagger L becomes a dopplehorn dagger L, a flag can switch to a shell flag, the gundam alex can put on the chobam armour, the enact can attach to the the landstriker or the agrissa, etc)
Flag Fighter for life!
Rob DS Zeta

I'm more interested in hearing what mobile suits the rebels might be using. Depending on what they could get, I'll side with them. Or, I might just put a character in both (if that's allowed).

Meanwhile, expect me to be one of the first to sign up. :mrgreen:

Also, there are some key differences between the original GuAIZ and the GuAIZ R, like the rail cannons and the lack of extensional arrestors.
Last edited by Rob DS Zeta on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Attomoku

Quick question, much can we initially customize our mecha? (i.e. just a paint scheme and something that has little bearing on RPed combat, like a linear chair upgrade? Or can we do something a bit more like take a non-specs weapon....)

And dibs on the RGM-79N 8)
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
SNT1

Adrikan wrote:I have some allowed mecha questions regarding CE units. Would a Windam be allowed, or is it only units from SEED and none from SEED Destiny, and if only units from SEED and none from Destiny are allowed, would a GuAIZ R be permissable, because it is basically the same as the original GuAIZ?
I'm allowing only SEED units at this time, though a GuAIZ R maybe ok
blind_dead_mcjones wrote:I call dibs on a flag :)

actually i do have a mecha related question. in regards to suits with expansion packs, do they have to stick one default loadout or can they switch between packs if time and money allows for it? (eg: dagger L becomes a dopplehorn dagger L, a flag can switch to a shell flag, the gundam alex can put on the chobam armour, the enact can attach to the the landstriker or the agrissa, etc)
It's going to be a case-to-case basis. For example I'm ok with any of those except for the last one, I won't allow Agrissa. For the most part, if it's a sidegrade (ex. Launcher Dagger L -> Sword Dagger L, I'll probably allow it. But, I won't let anyone have more than two variants, because quite frankly, your character won't probably be that important to have more than such resources :P :P Making up rules on the fly as we go FTW.
Or, I might just put a character in both (if that's allowed).
Multiple characters are ok, so long as you can handle them and give them enough damn
Quick question, much can we initially customize our mecha? (i.e. just a paint scheme and something that has little bearing on RPed combat, like a linear chair upgrade? Or can we do something a bit more like take a non-specs weapon....)
Those are ok.

Also, anyone can call dibs but once I post the signup thread, I'll post my first character very shortly, so if you had something in mind and I took it, you're SOL :twisted:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Rob DS Zeta

I am officially giddy with excitement.
Inferno

If we play multiple characters, can we play them on opposite sides? I have this pair of rivals all set up.
SNT1

Inferno wrote:If we play multiple characters, can we play them on opposite sides? I have this pair of rivals all set up.
Yes, that's allowed

Also, before I forget, Empire characters will have US Army/USAF-style ranks.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
SNT1

Ok, sorry for the double post but I got to make some things clear:

I just posted black market dude, named Arrandale Bloomfield. He won't be an actual 'character' of mine so to speak, hence I put [NPC] right next to his name. Anyone can use him, and can be RP'ed if wanted when it comes to upgrading units, though no one has to. Still keep in mind that I will have to approve upgrades, and most likely no one gets upgrades in the early parts of this RPG.

I want his to be a more background type of guy, just so we know who the head of Vegas is, but otherwise he shouldn't be playing any big role in this RPG aside from upgrades.

Also, if you're going to make your own mercenary gang, please still put just "Mercenary" on your faction list, just so no one gets confused when people come over to look at the latest roster and having many teams.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Zangetsu

This looks interesting SNT1, very interesting. Since I find myself with some free time joining up sounds like fun. A couple of questions though.

1) I see referance to rules, such as SEED only units. Where are these rules?

2) How much customisation are we allowed on suits? Is it limited to weapons, or could other things like powersources be changed?

3) Can equipment theoreticly possible on a unit be taken? Like for exapmle Mass production units with Striker Packs, such as the 105, using one off packs like the Noir, IWSP, Lightning, Librarian Striker Packs, and the ones in Frame Astrays?
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
SNT1

1) SEED grunt units, so GiNN, GuAIZ, everything in between. If there's an ASTRAY equivalent then they're in, but no units from SEED DESTINY and other parallel series from CE. There may still be some exceptions (Judgement call by me)

2) As long as it doesn't fundamentally alter a unit, and within tech limits of the allowed universes, it can be customized

3) Some of those arent allowed at this point because they're DESTINY tech. And some may just seem too powerful Gundam-level, and this matters in particularly in CE verse because Gundams are tiers higher than grunts. So for now I would only allow packs that are shown to be used by grunts (sword, launcher etc)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Zangetsu

Okay two more questions.

1) What are the MS caps for other Eras? (UC, AW, AC, AD, etc.)

2) Does either side particularly need pilots?
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
SNT1

1) I'll quote my original outline
-AC: Leo, Aries, Taurus, Tragos, Cancer, Pisces
-AD: Any grunt unit without GN drives
-CE: Any grunt unit from SEED
-UC: Anything up until 0083 (Gundams allowed, some exceptions)
yes, I'm ashamed that I don't know much about AW tech.

2) I'd say there are more Firebrand originals than Empire originals, but since there are also many mercenaries that could quite frankly swing either way, I can't tell for sure :| I don't think there will be one overwhelming side though, regardless of merc allegiances

Also, calling for uno mas special character if anyone wants; Rob DS Zeta took the Empire side, if anyone wants to make a 'leader' type character for Firebrand speak now (via PM). I'll take it if no one wants.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Zangetsu

Hmmm so are AW machine a no or case by case? I might pick one up, might not depended on what else strikes my fancy. Whatever machine I do end up deciding on will probably swing me to a side I guess.
Rob DS Zeta

AW tech isn't all that over-the-top.

Here's a list that you can use to investigate.
Attomoku

Quick! Start sending out profile approvals before I go back and decide to edit mine again!
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

Lotsa Gundam SEED units askin' to be shot in the face around these parts...
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Rob DS Zeta

Lots of Dokuro Zakus begging to get Talgeese'd. :twisted:
Zangetsu

There are a few and their all ZAFT. In fact most seem to be going the Zeonic way.