4GFFG: Round Four: Neo Russia Neo Kurdistan

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
mcred23

4GFFG: Round Four: Neo Russia Neo Kurdistan

The tenth fight of Round Four is Neo Russia vs Neo Kurdistan at the Tri Islands.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: 4GFFG: Round Four: Neo Russia Neo Kurdistan

taking long deep breaths, kydan waited patiently for his opponent to announce the beginning of the match, he couldn't exactly say the areana was to his liking, the level of cover being somewhat sparse save for two large rock formations on the opposite corners of the island, but being a soldier by nature, he knew that often the terrain wasn't always in one favor and one simply had to work around it

despite that,considering both his and his opponents nature kydan knew deep down this match would a be a brutal one
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

Standing confidently on the farthest of the three islands from Kydan, Ivor stood with the Buran's arms at it's hips, fists balled and resting on the skirt armor. The red glow of the Buran's eyes also sounded a *bwoom*, the pilot having scanned the terrain and confirmed with the support vessel moored some ways away that indeed the suit had sufficient propellant to utilize the arena effectively.

What also came to his advantage was the high altitude nature of the Buran; the rough and sturdy build of the Gundam coupled with it's ability to funciton in a vacuum to an extent would at least grant the pilot some ability to function under water. It would be the issue of depth that could be his undoing..

And Kydan's as well if he wasn't careful. This Ivor felt.. could be an exploitable advantage.

That considered, He looked to his left, then slowly to his right. The Gundam copied the move exactly, head cocking slightly to the side as Ivor relieved a bit of tension built up in his neck.

He'd make up for the failures that were the Neo Pakistani match and the Neo Israeli match. He still bore the, chest, neck, and facial burn scars from that one.

I must break this streak.. Gulskii has tried to explain off my failures as has Tatiana. But this is my fight. I fight not for the party.. I must fight for myself.

"Neo Kurd. Lhet us beghin.. Rhedy?"

With an unorthodox call to begin the match the Buran stood unmoving in a change of pace as he did not make a first shot with the KPV to throw his opponent off balance. Instead he stared the pilot down and waited for his prey to make the first move.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

"Neo Kurd. Lhet us beghin.. Rhedy?"

"ready" Kydan responded to his opponents thick accent, much like his previous matches he brought his rifle up and fired a snap shot and advanced running for the first bit of cover, as he fired a few more shots and slid behind it he felt that something was off

running a video playback from his suits main camera on the monitor he saw that the buran gundam didn't move once, not even a flinch, even though he had heard that the buran's pilot had done similar forms of intimidation in the earlier bouts it was still unnverving to experience it firsthand

musn't think about his lack of reaction, kydan repeatedly told himself its just psyological warfare, musn't let it get to me
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

"Hmph.."

The Buran slipped to the side, showing his profile to the shot as it whizzed past the chest of the Neo Russian Gundam. The Neo Kurdish fighter quickly ran for cover, taking a few covering shots before ducking behind a small brushy portion of the far island.

Ivor, however.. simply smiled at this and with a cold warp of that smile into a smirk the Buran brandished it's KPV. With a running jump the Buran took to the air, opening up with the *155mm heavy beam machine cannon and spraying the cover that Kydan was using. The high density fire would more likely than not quickly eat away at the Neo Kurd's hiding place as well as serving as a distraction as the Buran kicked it's thrusters and slammed down into the sandy soil of the 2nd island, ducking behind a large rock formation that jutted from the edge of the island closest to Kydan's own island 'stronghold'.

*(Video is of the re-chambered KPV (big gun in main turret) in use, 23mm rather than 14.5mm. Equivalent would be being drilled by a .57cal M2 machine gun. Still loud as all effing get out)
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

taking a chance, kydan peeked over the bushes serving as cover for him, when he did his eyes widened when the buran suddenly went airborne, brandishing its main weapon, with a curse kydan grabbed the hemm of the anti beam cloak, pulled it across his suits torso and opened up the boosters as the buran opened fire

several beams dispersed as they struck the cloak while the vast majoirty tore the cover of his former postion to shreds, as he flew up and back he retaliated with a long of burst of sustained beam fire from his own weapon before landing behind the other rock formation
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

The beams would tear into the rock formation that Ivor himself was using at the second island, causing chunks of glass like shards to fly off and over the formation. He snarled as a quick replay of the gun camera showed that the Neo Kurd deployed his anti-beam cloak device, rendering the attack mostly ineffective. Setting his jaw, Ivor leered at the sandy surface of the island he occupied.

Close range it is..

In a quick burst, the Buran lit it's engines and with a running jump the Buran took off for the third island.

"Hmph.."

The Buran's bulky form would appear over the island and with a *klang* announce that Kydan now had his opponent sharing real estate with the Neo Kurd's own Gundam. The Buran's white and gray scheme shown brightly in the sun as the Gundam trundled across the sand in an almost mocking approach.. much too slow for someone to be on the defensive.

It was as if the Russian was toying with the young boy..

And now to goad him into the open.. and see if the analysts can keep their lives for once.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

with the sound of the burans landing as his cue, kydan peer around the side of the rock formation and fired off a few carefully aimed shots before pulling back and moving to the top of the formation and fired over it,

he couldn't afford to take any chances, not with the buran being in posession of that KPV, if he tried to dash out into the open he'd be shredded, as effective as the anti-beam cloak was, like everything it still had its limits

all the while, kydan racked his brain, trying to think of something that could give him the upper hand against that behemoth

I've got to get him into the water...but how...
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

With a sliding sidestep, the Buran backpedaled with the aid of his thrusters to the 'blindside' of the rock which Kydan was using as cover. At that time, however, he brought the KPV into a lowered position before racking it on the shoulder rack. With a few slow steps on the sandy soil, he approached the rock formation.

"Neho Khurd.. whey dohnt yew cease cowerink behind rocks ahnd show yourzelf man yew rhelly are? Or are yew just boy?"

With a reach around to the other side of his back, he grasped the chain and pommel to the Hammer stored on his rear skirt armor. At that point Kydan would hear the footfalls stop.. followed by silence interrupted by the crashes of waves on the shore..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

kydan inwardly let out a sigh of relief as the buran retreated, he knew that respite would be short lived and he had to make the most of what little breathing space he had, however all that flew out of the window when the neo russian taunted him

"Neho Khurd.. whey dohnt yew cease cowerink behind rocks ahnd show yourzelf man yew rhelly are? Or are yew just boy?"

despite knowing that it merely a ploy to get him to do something foolish, kydan felt compelled to react

drawing a heat knife, kydan boost jumped over the rocks, firing several shots 'from the hip' at the buran as he descended towards the ground
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

"Fool.."

Ripping the hammer from it's rack, the Buran raised the EMP weapon into the path of the diving Neo Kurd. As the hip shots threw up sand around the Gundam but failed to connect, the pilot held fast and smirked as the glowing orange blade of the heat knife glimmered as a reflection in his eyes.

"Naho yew die.."

With a bright blue flash remeniscent of a van de graff generator, the Sputnik Hammer discharged a mighty EMP pulse in Kydan's face. Immedately he'd find his suit's interior would take damage from the simultaneous overload of the suits systems. Screens turning to snow, sparks flying.. all symptoms of what would come from that blast.

All the while he'd feel heavy as the suit would inevitably fall comatose from the equivalent of a small nuclear device's worth of electromagnetic energy being detonated in his face.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

seeing the buran go for the sputnik hammer, kdyan brought his legs clost to his body and held the knife out as he descended, timing was crucial and if he didn't time this right the whole match would be over for him

when he close to landing he stabbed out with the knife with lightning speed, lodging it into the sputnik hammer and swung himself into the buran, as the soles of his feet connected he let go of the knife and pushed with both legs, catapaulting him off of the bulky suit

unfortunately the sputniks EMP went off at the same time

kydan grunted in pain as electricity coursed through his body, the feeling itself being a double hitter thanks to the pain feedback system, the Hamidiye gundam bounced off of the ground and flew through the air like a ragdoll, bouncing a couple of more times before comming to a halt on the edge of the islands beach a healthy distance away from the buran

that was kydans only solace, the screens were flickering on and off and the occasional spark would fly here and there, and errors were appearing all over the few screens still working due to fried circuitry, despite this he tried to will his bruised and battered self to try and get the Hamidiye to move.
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

"Tsh.."

As the EMP went off in his face, the Buran's shielding did what it was supposed to do. The armored Gundam stood it's ground, the Neo Kurd's pilot was able to use the suit as a spring board.

At the cost of it's functionality. Due to the proximity of the Gundam to the EMP's blast (full face), Kydan would find that his suit at best was irreparably damaged and the legs unable to function. This would be due to the direct contact Kydan actually had with the EMP generator, the generator in the hammer was tied directly to the Buran, forming a circuit when connected with the Hamidiye.

With a smirk, Ivor pulled the heat knife from the hammer, a spark coming from the ball and a warning alerting him to a severed coupling in the generator reducing it to a giant ball and chain flail. This mattered none to Ivor. The Buran fired it's aerospike engines and rushed the Hamidiye, scooping it up by the head with one hand. In a show of defiance, Ivor primed the right knee spike to fire into the chest of the Hamidiye as the two sailed out over the water.

"In Neo Soviet Russia.. we finish you. Hmph."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

grunting as his suit was hoisted into the air, kydan was dimly aware that they were now over water, and that the buran had its knee pressed close to the hamidiye's torso, to which he heard the neo russian taunt over the comm

"In Neo Soviet Russia.. we finish you. Hmph."

"we're not in neo soviet russia! Peshmarga!" he yelled in retort, the cloak fired off directly into the burans face, engulfing the entire upper half of the mobile suit, simultaneously kydan fired the boosters at full thrust, tearing him free from the burans grip, though in the process the gundam's faceplate, chin, one of the eye cameras, and parts of the cheek guards were torn off and remained in the burans hand

as he flew over the buran, he drew a second heat knife and racked it along the length of the shoulder slung KPV, firing the shoulder mounted machine cannons at the exposed rear of his opponent as he retreated towards the nearest island

designing the suit as a weapon of frontline combat, neo kurdistans engineers had the foresight to incorporate a degree of EMP shielding into the hamidiye's core systems, along with backup circuits using old school vacuum tube technology rather than the delicate circuit boards of more high tech mobile suits, granted such shielding and backup systems weren't fancy or elaborate like other nations but it got the job done, the downside is that this came at a cost in performance, the movements of the arms and legs would be sluggish by comparison, and the delay between switching between circuits, which nearly cost him his life this time, despite this kydan was thankful that his mobile fighter was able to move at all, and thats all that mattered to him

"if you wish to sate your bloodlust, you're going to have to work for it!" he shouted in defiance
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

Though the Pershmarga move was indeed somewhat surprising as the Hamidiye ripped itself free from the Buran, Ivor was still laughing in amusement.

"Whork, mheybeh.. but to ah Russian.. whork is sport! Whork is what mhkes country great! Whork is what mheks people great!"

As the KPV was raked with the heat knife, Kydan would not that the damage would appear done.. but in reality like the whole suit's concept; it was meant to be run over by a moon and still fire. Even the machine cannon fire would provide only marks that wouldn't slow the suit down.

Which he'd find as the Buran wrapped the anti beam cloak around the KPV's forward grip before racking it as if keeping the piece of defensive armor as a prize.

"I hope yew wish to whork to death. Yew will have to defeating me."

The now unarmed Buran took up chase with the Hamidiye gaining fast on Neo Kurd.

"Your people are pestilence.. I shall enjoy exterminating yew and your people when thees war is ovar.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

"Your people are pestilence.. I shall enjoy exterminating yew and your people when thees war is ovar.."

"and me and my people shall enjoy making both you and your countrymen pay dearly in blood for every inch you advance" Kydan retorted, noting both the speed at which the buran was gaining on him and his low propellant reserves, taking a sigh as he made his his next decision, knowing his chances of getting to one of the islands were close to nil

"be that as it may, we do not fear death, and we'll fight and die like men, not on our knees like dogs!" he spun around, throwing the second heat knife at the buran and taking aim with his beam assault rifle, with a loud roar he used the what propellant he had left to charge forward and opened fire with all the ranged weaponry he had, sending a barrage of beam shots and heavy calibre bullets directly into the face of the oncomming gundam
Flag Fighter for life!
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

"Ten neither saide has changed. Ohnly grown.. ahnd we will finish what whe started centuries ago."

As the Hamidiye 'pulled the e-brake' and did a 180 turn in mid air, Ivor ripped the cloak from the KPV he'd collected earlier. Kydan fired in a hasty gambit to breach the Buran's defenses, but Ivor proved for once in what seemed a long while that the Neo Russian weapon could hold it's own and that maybe he had learned.

The knife sliced through the cloak and the beams promptly tore the cloak to shreds along with the machine cannon fire. However Kydan would find that in the moment the cloak fell, the Buran..

Was gone.

Ivor had slipped under the cloak and behind the Hamidiye, butt of the KPV ready to slam into the neck of the Neo Kurd Gundam. Not a single muse was made over the communications channels as Ivor struck.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)