LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
The Big Zabowski

Re: LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

EZero8 wrote:
The Big Zabowski wrote:EZ..of course I get Beta Team you a-hole. :mrgreen:

Edit: Bright side, I don't have Max 'Spaz' Stern fubaring the team. <_<
You know I can always give you Beta Team and trade Spaz to your team. :twisted:
Double a-hole. <_<

Also took the lib of putting a stand in for the flight sits, ala BSG suits.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
blind_dead_mcjones

wonton bob wrote:And how's the mecha art coming?
still working on them, just have to finish the assorted weaponry for them and the cockpits
Flag Fighter for life!
ScornMandark

@ Kavik - Looks like someone's gunning for a 'friendly fire' incident ;)
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Fritz Ashlyn

These moon ruffians all seem to despise one another. I declare victory for the Dominion! Huzzah!
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Big Zabowski

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:These moon ruffians all seem to despise one another. I declare victory for the Dominion! Huzzah!
But we despise you more than each other..

So we still win. :mrgreen:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

Well the Moonies are made up of a bunch of... well, loudmouthed free-thinkers. :roll: On the other hand, the Dominion is made up of a bunch of dorks who take Victorian cosplay and roleplay way too seriously. Take your pick. :)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
The Big Zabowski

EZero8 wrote:Well the Moonies are made up of a bunch of... well, loudmouthed free-thinkers. :roll: On the other hand, the Dominion is made up of a bunch of dorks who take Victorian cosplay and roleplay way too seriously. Take your pick. :)
The day the Dominion institutes mandatory D20 for their troops is the day that this RPG just got effin epic.

"BUT I CAST MAGIC MISSILE ON JOO! CAN'T DODGE IT! NUH-UH!"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
ScornMandark

Whatever, Dominion's a bunch of crazy-ass pansies. They're just jealous 'cause we're prettier.

@EZ-8 - Are the Bazooka and the MG on the Raptors an either/or sort of deal? Or can they launch with both? Also, what's the deal with shields? (I.e: can we have 'em?)
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
EZero8

Yeah bazookas and MG's are either/or. Raptors have tiny-ass shields (kinda the same size as the one on the YF-19 in Macross Plus) so they won't sacrifice mobility. Pawns don't need shields because they are pretty much already walking shields.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Kavik Ryx

You know, I'm really starting to dig the animosity toward my character, even if he is considerably less obnoxious than people I know in real life. And don't worry Scorn, there won't be any friendly fire on my part. From anyone else, I can't be so sure.
ScornMandark

Awesome, good to know. Any hard ammo count on clips? Or cinematically appropriate?

@Kavik - Damn dude. I feel sorry for ya, if Max is toned down from what ya know...

I'm having fun, and we have been going for what, 48hours?
EZero8

I'm gonna get the battle started by Friday or so just in time for Labor Day weekend. The next two days will be used to wrap up things.
blind_dead_mcjones

nice, thankies for the heads up Ezero

btw, going by the name of the rpg, would i be correct in assuming that a gundam type suit or two will be appearing at some point way later on in this rpg? be it a preoduction replacement for one sides main mecha, a rebuild of one of the characters mecha using spare parts, a pet project built entirely from scratch (i.e. the blackbird in BSG) or some combination of the above?
Flag Fighter for life!
wonton bob

Yes. one and it will be found buried in a rock wearing a mustache.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
EZero8

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:btw, going by the name of the rpg, would i be correct in assuming that a gundam type suit or two will be appearing at some point way later on in this rpg? be it a preoduction replacement for one sides main mecha, a rebuild of one of the characters mecha using spare parts, a pet project built entirely from scratch (i.e. the blackbird in BSG) or some combination of the above?
You'll find out eventually. :wink:
The Loser Villain

I will not be able to post till Sunday night because I'm currently acting in a play at Hunter College so my nights are full at the moment. I will however post promtly this Sunday.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
EZero8

I'm gonna be gone for the next few days and I'll be back by Friday night. Don't hesitate to start shooting at each other while I'm gone. That includes friendly-fire. :P
wonton bob

I'm kinda dragging my feet here cause I'm unsure of how the pawns leave their ships..i'm guessing they're too heavy to launch so do they just walk down the ramp? also I'm not aware of the satellite's layout..not too sure of what the raptor looks like either...I'lll post something up by tomorrow night.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
EZero8

wonton bob wrote:I'm kinda dragging my feet here cause I'm unsure of how the pawns leave their ships..i'm guessing they're too heavy to launch so do they just walk down the ramp? also I'm not aware of the satellite's layout..not too sure of what the raptor looks like either...I'lll post something up by tomorrow night.
I'll try to get a crude map/diagram of the satellite done soon. As for Pawns, yeah they just walk down the ramp to the battlefield.
EZero8

Here's the very rough look at Cluster-20's layout:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ ... r-20_1.png

If anyone wants something more specific, don't hesitate to ask.