Chapter 17: Rescue and Return (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Strike Zero

- Strike/Xiu -

"Well I'll be darned..." Strike said. "He really did it."

"Yeah..." Xiu said, letting out a long breath. "He sure did."

Strike glanced down at her and cocked an eyebrow. "Wait... don't tell me you were actually worried about him?"

"H-huh?!" Xiu exclaimed. Instantly, the side of her neck flushed red. "O-of course not! Why would I be worried about that jerk?"

The young man grinned suddenly. "Oh... now I see... that reaction's all I needed to know."

"K-know what?!" Xiu shouted as Strike started to walk away, chuckling to himself. "Hey! Get back here! I'm talking to you! Hey!"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

-Natalia-

"Kid I wouldn't take that personally. He's got some brain damage and tends to have memory lapses constantly. So if he tells you he forgot odds are he really did." They had arrived at the docks and there was some radio chatter on the personal communicators. It seemed there was a fight between Zangetsu and whoever.

"Seems like the idiots are fighting again. I say let em kill each other... Damn otherworlders all have something wrong with them." She preceeded to spit on the ground in disgust.

But when Rena asked her to teach her to swim a small shock could bee seen on Natalia's face. "What an akward thing to ask someone kid. And no I'm not teaching you to swim... What do I look like your big sister? Besides if you wanna learn hit the pool... The water here is too choppy for a newb anyways."

-Kylern-

On a pier at the other end of the dock Kylern slept away unknowing about anything happening.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai reacted on instinct shifting to the side when the Kodachi was thrown only to discover that it had been unnecessary. for the remaining seconds of the fight Gai only watched as Zangetsu managed to disarm Zaraki who's head was promptly severed upon the suggestion of escape.

he didn't have the time to reply to Zangetsu before the pilot Collapsed. Gai hoped Zaraki was truly gone and that Zangetsu wouldn't find himself at a loss because of it.

'I may have to watch him to make sure there are no ill effects'

Gai Grasped the hilt and with one hand and pried the blade from the floor.

"Sorry bout the floor... and the wall... Doctor... Norman was it?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Zangetsu

-Norman-

"No problem at all sir." Norman said as the medical team arived and took Zangetsu away. "You see I'm the one who put that monster in him. He practicly begged me to do it but, it was my choice and I don't regret a second of it. Through the trials Zaraki was meant to put him trough he shall becom much stronger."
Wedge14

Wedge took the Majors hand and shaked it respectable. Wedge's touch was completly cold like touching an object not a person.

"Wasting exactly XXXX* particles exactly Major" Wedge released from the hand shake. "Don't let me give you a hard time sir, us punks in the test battalions are quite laid back."

Wedge then turned to the other pilot. " Lt. Blaze" He said with a nod. "I was aware it be your squad delivering the new units. Glad to see you made it."

He was going to continue before someone else joined the conversation. It was a bit strange how everyone was approaching him now.

This guy butted right in interrupting Wedge and the others.

"Woah woah woah, slow down Kid." Wedge said. "Nice to meetya and all but slow down"

*XXXX some equating to exactly how many particles it would waste.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"Well I hope there aren't any side effects I mean you basically just pulled a part of Zangetsu's consciousness out of his head not to mention Zangetsu won't have him to fall back on if things get rough."

Gai sheathed the Will Edge it's crystal blue surface disappearing into the black Sheath that ran across his back.

"I trust you can handle the clean up here?"

Tallis Stenner

It was turning out to be a tougher job than she'd suspected. The bisected Shell would need to be replaced entirely and the Memory circuits would need to be replaced with blank ones meaning it's memory would be empty upon activation. The real trouble however was the personality circuit; it was in the same condition as the memory but unlike the memory circuit replacements would be difficult to find.

The hardware needed was rather simple but the software of a basic personality was another story entirely. Tallis knew of no place to find something like that nor what exactly she needed.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Zangetsu

-Norman-

"I wouldn't have done it if I thought he couldn't handle it." said as he started to walk away. "Oh and by the way Zaraki was never a part of Zangetsu's mind." with that he left in creepy butler fasion.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

that was all well and good but what about the 'body' of Zaraki. It still stood there, headless, in the middle of the lab, it's disconnected head on the floor between it's feet. Gai was tempted to smash what was left but he restrained himself.

"no point making more work for the clean-up crew; who ever they are..."

He waited there till medical teams took Zangetsu away before leaving.

The Big Zabowski

-Ptolemaios-

"You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. Brigadier-General Livingstone's been rather intrigued about the ruckus this ship seems to be causing, Enlight, given the recent reports. As the MS commander on the Ptolemaios, I want you to start by telling me about the Ptolemaios' operations ever since your participation at the Tokyo battle."

Enlight nodded curtly as the pair made their way off of the hangar deck. The two other Innovator pilots were waved off to deal with their suits and the repairs still needing to be tended to on the ship. As she continued steps ahead of Iron Mask, Enlight slowed and paused. She then responded after what seemed like a few minutes of walking through the still disheveled halls of the ship.

"That is understandable, sir. And if you would be so accommodating as to follow me to the bridge, I believe the tactical officer could give you a better breakdown of what happened in raw datum form over my narrative."

And with that, she continued on toward the bridge while leading Iron Mask deeper into the ship. His grasp of Newtype powers would allow him to interact with some of the Innovators on the QBW level, and know for the most part that those that surrounded Enlight could be considered allies. This would include each that he passed toward the bridge. The only problem was that this was all that he would feel..

And that would be somewhat unnerving. What had happened to the dissenting feelings that were in the hangar? Were they the only ones that still remained loyal to their captain? And better yet..where was the Captain. The oddities would continue once the pair reached the bridge. There, the same disheveled appearance of the ship was abound as seen earlier on the view screen on the shuttle. Alphas turned in his chair and stood on the footrest, saluting Iron Mask in a similar robotic manner to that of Enlight and her other Innovators. As if on cue, he picked up where Enlight had left off.

"Sir, with all due respect, I can't say much has happened upon the completion of the Tokyo mop up operation. Other than the Captain discussing matters on base with other commanders, we've been tied down with rebuilding the ship as of late. And I'm sure that you have been keeping track of our movements ever since Wake, correct?"

Enlight continued on that sentiment.

"Yes, at the moment Captain Heading is as stated earlier predisposed at the moment with much of the Senior staff as they continue what we 'surmise' as conference calls about our further role within the Federation. But there appears to be another side to this meeting of theirs.."

She pulled up surveillance footage of Jameson and Taylor speaking outside of the conference room where Heading, Solas, and Kit were gathered. The cameras for the interior of the room had been jammed, but those in the hallway were able to be recorded before they too were jammed.

"I cannot say for certain, considering what intelligence we have attempted to gather from the base's surveillance CCTV units, but the secretive nature of these meetings perturb me and ponder if she is indeed being manipulated by subversive groups within the Federal command structure.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Omega

-Zaine-

Since it looked like the filler was starting to run low, he moved to land and as he was doing so, he noticed the Wing Zero.

"Huh... Maybe Wingnut can..."

He then moved the Conquista close to Wing Zero before actually landing and climbed out before making his way over to Wingnut.

"Hey... Wingnut, you got a minute? I was hoping you could tell me a bit about something..."

-Byakuya/Julius-

Byakuya silently nodded, confused as to how Wedge could have heard what he said to Julius.

Lt. Blaze spoke up after that. "Um... are you even human? because there's no way you could've heard what Major Kamiya said to me otherwise..."

It was then that Nowe made his presence known. Byakuya decided to leave it at that and go take a closer look at his Ahead, leaving Julius to do some maitenance on his GN-XIII.
Nero

-Rena-

After hearing Natalia's statement on offworlders, Rena waited until she was finished with the comment on learning how to swim before responding to her earlier comment.

"Oh no... I find offworlders quite interesting, especially Kylern..."

Something told her she might regret saying that in a moment...
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Natalia-

"Really?" Natalia wasn't surprised. That idiot had caught someone's attention even if he did find ways to irritate everyone else. "I'm sure freaks enjoy the company of freaks. Maybe he will hook your little brain up to his TEMJIN and see if you make it dance as well..." Her face turned red as anger started to seeth. Natalia knew this girl was the one that brought that strange unit back after she tried to get rid of it. It had a bad influence on those piloted it, almost like that Wing Zero unit piloted by Wingnut. Humans and machines shouldn't interact on a mental level... especially when the said human was already having mental difficulties.

"If you really are interested in him, then let me give you some advice. Get rid of the TEMJIN... Its unnatural and I'm sure you know its affects on him." She warned in a dread voice. This could work out... She could have push Rena to eliminate Kylern's only link to this world. Without the VR he would lose his only advantage here and never challenge her again. Besides Rena was impressionable and it would be easy to get her to do the dirty work since only the Wing Gundam had the firepower to put down the TEMJIN now that it had the TTD in it.

-Nowe-

Nowe watched as the Major walked off grinning a bit. He then turned to Wedge with a shrug. "Where or not your human is of no consequence. He's just bummed he's the weakest of the Dark Star Knights." Nowe then smiled looking over at the Ahead.

"So tell me about your machine? I only pilot a GNX-III but I'm sure your's is much cooler than my machine." He was trying to make friends because good allies meant not dying on the battlefield. Plus he didn't want Wedge getting close to the Steel Dragon dude for personal reasons. Nowe felt like isolating the old man and undermining his position as much as possible.
Nero

-Rena-

Out of both concern and anger, Rena simply shoved Natalia into the water and ran further down the dock until she spotted Kylern, her mind a mix of different feelings and thoughts...

'I need a moment to clear my head...'

After she quietly moved close enough to where she could just lie down next to him, she did then she snuggled closer, being careful not to wake him.

'...Should I destroy the TEMJIN?'
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Natalia-

She could have laughed when Rena seemed upset but didn't expect to be shoved into the water. But despite being bigger she stumbled backwards and tripped into the ocean. And despite her rage she surpressed it knowing that she had made a headway. All that needed was waiting and becoming stronger herself.

So dragging herself out of the water she made her way back to the dorm area to get out of these clothes before she got sick. Some random private stared but was quickly laid out as Natalia put her boot across the side of his skull before stomping off. Everyone returned to their work without even looking at her.

She passed her purple Guarlion Custom and felt sick to look at it. If that Kayla chick hadn't come back Kylern wouldn't have gone ape-shit. And if that idiot doctor Goldsburg hadn't messed around with his mind then maybe things would have gotten worse. Hell if Kylern hadn't come through that portal her life would be easier and she could be killing Fandom mechs at this point. But no...

-Kylern-

He continued to sleep despite the smaller mass that had come close. He was just too tired to do much else and with the weather nice it felt good to nap out here. Besides he needed to start tanning anyways... White boys were a turn off now of days.
Cybaster

-Iron Mask-

"Treachery is often subjective, Enlight," Iron Mask answered with a stern edge in his voice. To the various Innovators around him, Iron Mask would appear, for the most part, as he felt: a Newtype. However, there was something else within that layer, barely detectable except by a very deep reading...something unknown, and ultimately dark, subtly suppressed. Whatever it was, Iron Mask was doing a very good job keeping it hidden.

Or, perhaps...restrained.

And as such, what Iron Mask felt from the crewmen around him didn't catch him off-guard, and what Enlight is doing was, to him, perfectly predictable --- she was, of course, portraying the other side as the villain in the case that Iron Mask was a spy. Which, in a way, he was anyway, but Iron Mask knew that Heading would likely have some scathing words of her own for Enlight in turn which would be...pretty similar to what Enlight said now. "According to the reports on the inquiry done recently, Heading probably has similar words about you."

With a passive stare, Iron Mask glanced at Heading and the present company around her. It was time to lead Enlight on a little. "The true question is, nonetheless, how Heading is being swayed and what actions she is being led towards. Now, Enlight, who exactly has Heading been meeting with during these meetings...and assuming that Heading is indeed being corrupted by external elements, what is it you propose be done about it?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
SNT1

--Tokyo--
--Gundam Team ver. Awesome--

The Innovator's and SNRI's discussions, Taylor's reviewing of the next mission, Slug staring blankly at the ground bored to death, all were suddenly disrupted by the sound of large engines. Rachel could see it clearly. "An Archangel-class?"

"What now?" Taylor again consults the lower officers, visibly irritated. "Ma'am, that's a true Federation ship," he says, pointing out at the legit ID signal. "Well."

Several minutes later the ground crew wasted no time accomodating the large ship, it was a curious sight since the thing is painted in dark grey and grey-purple--the Airmaster group's paint scheme. Taylor walks over to meet its crew, and as the hangar bays open she would see that there are only three mobile suits inside---three Airmaster Bursts, that is. Slug also sees the same sight as Taylor's, and could only conclude: "That's interesting."

As they witnessed the ship, The crew inside is clearly minimal. They see four people walking towards them. Three were instantly familiar to Slug---because he had a few drinks with them. Taylor's wingmen: Max, Silas, Erina. The fourth one is unknown, but soon introduced.

"Captain Lauren Johnson, at your service Major Reese," the figure says with a salute. She wasn't as young as the two Majors, and she seemed to have seen more than they have.

"At ease, captain," Taylor replies. "So, what's all this?"

"Your new ride, as Duskraiders."

"That's interesting," Taylor says, Slug does a double-look at this.

Rachel comes towards them and greets less informally, "Hey guys, long time no see! Thought you'd only upgrade your Gundams, not bring a whole battleship with ya!"

The three just exchanged laughs, while Cpt. Johnson walks Taylor back to the control center, "We need a few things to set straight, nothing big. Official documents."

"Ah, ok."

Johann walks into Slug and says, "You are now aware that this team is officially five women and two guys."

"Yeah, I saw. Also, If I saw correctly there's a huge kitchen inside the ship---hng!"

With that comment by Slug he gets whacked in the head by Rachel interrupting his sexist remarks.

"Ha!" Johann reacts.

"But it was so worth it. I like Rachel getting excited like that!"

"You---!"

He braces for another impact, until Taylor calls her. "Rachel, I think I need you for a bit."

As Rachel leaves, she whispers to Slug, "Lucky." She got a bit pissed at Slug's smug look over the whole situation.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Sitting in the cockpit, Wingnut was making the adjustments and routine dianogistics when he heard a voice calling out to him.

"Hey... Wingnut, you got a minute? I was hoping you could tell me a bit about something..."

Zaine.

Climbing out onto the catwalk, Wingnut called back. "Yeah. What do you want to know?"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

He made his way closer since he wanted to avoid having people listen in on him.

"I was hoping you could tell me about that robot lion Gai has, and those weird machines that come with it..." he looked both curious and confused on that topic.
Kylern

-Kylern-

After awhile he started to pull out of his nap as it started to grow dark and slightly colder. At first he didn't notice Rena beside him and instead looked at his terminal to check the time and noticed it was 5:30. A yawn was emitted and he started to move when a mass was felt beside him.

"Rena?" He asked himself noticing the trademark ears. Quickly he took his jacket off and place it around her to keep her from behind cold. Then picking her up he made his way back towards base. "Didn't expect her..."
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

GaoGaiGar. Gai never did say how he came by it, though I wouldn't be surprised if it saved his life much like how Guy was saved. I wonder how tightly they want to keep that under wraps.

"Actually, I'm not sure how much I can tell you about it. I'd imagine that they want to keep that a secret for as long as they can, though I can tell you that it's not something from this world."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.