Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SNT1

Re: The Last Jedi

BRB watching endless speculations on the 'tube on what Luke meant, and more dumb ____ is Snoke speculations
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Areku

Obviously Luke is Snoke. It all makes sense if you rearrange the letters in their names and look at the numerical equivalents...
ShadowCell

anticipatory review: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ryujin

Taking a look at the Last Jedi poster...

Rey is Gundam
Arbiter GUNDAM

SNT1 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:03 pm BRB watching endless speculations on the 'tube on what Luke meant, and more dumb ____ is Snoke speculations
We're going to have to endure 8 months of this.....
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ShadowCell

which is especially ridiculous because we all know Snoke is a Char

think about it
Amion

ShadowCell wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:25 pm which is especially ridiculous because we all know Snoke is a Char

think about it
Of course. But we'd like to at least pretend. :lol:

I for one enjoyed Rogue One more than most appeared to have on here... but I didn't enjoy VII at all, and most of my expectations for Last Jedi are... not too high. But I'll watch the teaser and see what it offers, anyway.

Edit: Watched the teaser. On a non-spoiler note, I find myself deeply appreciating the red color scheme. It felt refreshing, new, and tense. Very good. Gold of course will always be the traditional logo, but nice to see that they've taken a cue from the older books and altered the logo to a nice red to suit the moods.

On a note about the ships: they look... like screwdrivers in space, or something. I wasn't expecting what may well be Republic cruisers to look that way. Here's to hoping they have some better designers come in. Star Wars always entranced me with its vehicles, but so far the new generation of stuff looks awful and out of place.
Spoiler
I probably will like it more than the movie, just because it doesn't say much about the implications, but if it does end the way I think... I will be a very pleased fan. So basically Luke has become Revan, a Grey Jedi, or something close to it. Kreia and Revan would surely be glad, along with every fan and writer who suffered under the tyranny of George during the EU days.

And having just reread Traitor from the New Jedi Order books, I must say I should add Vergere to the list of happy recipients to this potential and significant plot shift. :lol:

There were also pod-racer like things. I doubt that's what they are or how they will perform, but I LOVED Ben-Hur in space, and at am most glad for something even remotely similar, even if it means, yes, yet another desert planet. Hahaha. And some fools thought we'd not get one in this next film :roll: .

Also, the Princess gets a quick scene *sheds respectful tear*. I bet they're going to have Leia's screentime, what of it had been filmed, cut down so we never again see her directly. That, and it's clear she does not live to see the end, so this episode will be intense for that reason at least. If they manage to kill Luke as well, then I will tip my hat to them.

And then once again laugh at how the NJO wanted to kill off Han, Luke and or Leia, and was told not to. Funny how that worked out. But then, reality, and 2016, were not forgiving nor interested in the insignificant feelings of fans.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Areku

Amion wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:23 pm
Spoiler
I bet they're going to have Leia's screentime, what of it had been filmed, cut down so we never again see her directly.
Spoiler
They said they'd finished shooting her scenes before she died. They've also been encouraging speculation that Leia was supposed to die in this movie anyway, so as long as they don't do extensive edits/reshoots, her role in the film shouldn't be affected by her death.
Dark Duel

ShadowCell wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:25 pm which is especially ridiculous because we all know Snoke is a Char

think about it
I think my favorite theory on the subject is the one that posits that Snoke is that one random Storm Trooper who smacked his head into the door frame that one time in one of the old movies :P
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

think about it
Or maybe he is a clone of Sidious, or Plagueis.

This makes him a Furu Furontaru.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ShadowCell

Even Fuller Frontal
Areku

think about it
Does he become a protagonist when he wears gigantic sunglasses?
ShadowCell

only if he also takes on an alias that involves a ridiculous gynecological pun

and yet somehow everyone except R2-D2 thinks the growly Gollum dude with the giant sunglasses calling himself Cinco Pap-Schmearr or whatever is definitely not Snoke

and Artoo spends the whole time frantically screaming that he is a Snoke but nobody bothers to translate
Areku

Sounds about right. So if Snoke is the Char, who/what would be Chewie and Maz?
Spoiler
And I guess this means Finn is the Emma.
Zeonista

Big tease mainly. The real trailer is prob'ly in front of Guardians 2 this summer. But.... Hey, it looks good.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Amion

I'm surprised by the hate I'm seeing from people about this. They are already calling it a ESB copy, and complain about any possibility of Greyness in the Force. That would be nice to me, but the trailer alone doesn't guarantee it, just mixes words up to allude to the possibility, which is awfully suspicious anyway.

One thing I do hear talk of is Ray getting a quarterstaff lightsaber, since that's the weapon she learned to fight with on Jakku. I for one wholly support this. I liked Maul's double-bladed saber and would love to see Ray wielding a white or blue one.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
SNT1

The poster shows A big Luke face next to a smaller Kylo Ren face on either side of Rey, who is holding a blue lightsaber that turns to red at the top. I'm believing the Grey Jedi theory from the extremely limited info. Didn't Luke already use a very little bit of the dark side in VI?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ShadowCell

he did kinda choke some of Jabba's guards because i guess that was okay or something that one time.

on the other hand he also officially earned his Jedi stripes by refusing to kill his father, throwing down his saber, and telling the Emperor to go eat all of the dicks, so i'm not sure how gray a Jedi Luke can really be. and i'm not sure what it means to be a gray Jedi in the new canon anyway.
Areku

ShadowCell wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 pmso i'm not sure how gray a Jedi Luke can really be. and i'm not sure what it means to be a gray Jedi in the new canon anyway.
Probably something about not being a self-righteous emotion-denying angst breeding-ground where rigid doctrine is sacred and consequences are ignored like the actual Jedi order. Seeing as how that la-la-la-covering-my-ears-I-can-do-no-wrong-cause-that's-how-I-was-trained attitude seems to be the primary cause of the Jedi's misdeeds/errors and lets the Sith monopolize the "coping with sentience" market...