A Tribute to Royalty

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Amion

A Tribute to Royalty

Many thanks Carrie Fisher, for being the driving force behind Princess Leia. May she be remembered as one of Disney's greatest princesses. :)

Looks like Han's death will hit harder than we first thought... or we're in for an off-screen death at some point in the coming films...
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
ShadowCell

Re: A Tribute to Royalty

2016. only you would be so bold...
Amion

It had one last dastardly deed up its sleeve...
Dark Duel

And with still another three days to go, who knows might be next?
Hopefully this is the end of it. First David and Alan, then Shepherd Book and all of the others - Nancy Reagan, Anton Yelchin, Colonel Glenn, and now George Michael and the Princess...Dunno how much more tragedy I can take this year.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amion

You're right, that's why I added an ellipse. But we're closing in. Let us pray this is the finale and not the build-up.
Areku

Warning: Gallows humor, not for everyone.
Spoiler
In its struggle to climb out of Uncanny Valley, it seems CG Leia has acquired a powerful thirst for human souls.
Turinu

Dark Duel wrote:And with still another three days to go, who knows might be next?
Whelp, looks like Carrie Fisher's mom was next. Debbie Reynolds passed on yesterday due to a stroke while helping to plan her daughter's funeral, apparently.

*Shakes fist at 2016.*
Dark Duel

Yep. Read last night that she'd been rushed to the hospital, and I saw in the news this morning that she passed away.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amion

Dark Duel wrote:Yep. Read last night that she'd been rushed to the hospital, and I saw in the news this morning that she passed away.
I feel like I'm in Zelda: Majora's Mask:

Dawn of the Second Day*

48 hours remain....

*Technically we're not at the second to last day, but the effect feels the same. Never before I have suddenly felt a threatening ticker toward New Years.
ShadowCell

yeah, but we all know 2017 is watching all of this and going "hold my beer"
Zeonista

ShadowCell wrote:yeah, but we all know 2017 is watching all of this and going "hold my beer"
Hush Shadow, there is no need to look for ill tidings yet. As Saint Paul said, today's troubles are sufficient.

Goodbye Carrie Fisher. You may never have appreciated it, but you taught a lot of girls out there, my sister included, that the princess didn't have to stand on the sidelines and wring her hands while the motley band of self-determined heroes fought on her behalf. The "Rebellious Princess" trope that is so familiar thanks to Disney? Never would have happened without your moxie, and Leia Organa was may more focused than any of Mouse, Inc's pretenders to the tiara. And as lady Senator, you also proved that woman leaders didn't have to stand back and mouth platitudes while the galaxy burned. The Empire not finished yet after their big gun got blown up? No problem, put on a uniform and help run the Rebellion, make that pedigree work for something besides a table at the best retaurant. (And pencil in a little time to nag at that dashing scoundrel in the hopes he will live up to the inner hero you see in him. ;))
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde