LOGAN

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Dark Duel

LOGAN

So, coming on March 3 of next year, Hugh Jackman returns to the silver screen in his latest - and, in my opinion, quite possibly his last - outing as James Howlett, aka Logan, aka Wolverine.
This film, simply entitled "LOGAN", apparently draws aesthetically and thematically from the "Old Man Logan" storyline from the comics, though despite having never read said storyline, I suspect the actual story will be very different.

Also playing a pivotal role, apparently, is Charles Xavier himself, as well as one young new face, one I've been fervently hoping to see make the leap to the movies for a very, very long time.

THE TRAILER

So yeah, she is, in my view, absolutely perfectly cast. That is seriously exactly how I have always visualized her appearing in live-action. So I am ABSURDLY hyped and looking forward to seeing this movie. Far moreso than GotG 2, though I admit that looks like it's gonna be awesome too.
Anyone else?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: LOGAN

Got that Johnny Cash song playing.
Lyrics are depressing but the song is so good.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Dark Duel

Re: LOGAN

Yes, it is. It's actually, I've found out, a cover Johnny Cash did in '02-ish of a Nine-Inch Nails song, but it is good, and it really fits the kind of more somber mood that they're apparently going for here.

It is kind of depressing to think that this is the only one of the Wolverine movies to be set in the alternate timeline that was created by the events of Days of Future Past, because IMO it means that even though mutants aren't being hunted by giant shape-shifting killbots, well it still apparently didn't end well for them at all, based at least on this trailer.
But we'll see how things actually turn out when the movie comes out.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."