A newby but Oldy... ><

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Wolfeh

A newby but Oldy... ><

Well hello from the UK i came across the podcast after a recent random convo witha friend about he wanted to know any anamie to get into wich i have no idea so right heres to the point
I watched Gundam Wing when it was aired on TV and never missed a episode i have purchased Endless Waltz and watched it over and over but from being out the scene for many years and now wanting to quench my gundam thirst i just need some advice on what to watch as i have no clue!

maybe a series to buy or more movies.....i have a soft spot for the movies

much apreciation from across the pond!!

xxx
phillosmaster

Re: A newby but Oldy... ><

If you liked Gundam Wing then Gundam 00 is probably the closest thematically.

Have you only seen Wing and it's spin offs/sequels? If so what type of experience are you looking for specifically because there's been tons of Gundam shows with varying approaches to the main theme. I personally like the original 3 Universal Century shows (Gundam, Gundam Z, Gundam ZZ) the best.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Wolfeh

not seen any of the spin offs really i kinda liked if i can remember right in gundam wing sure the main charecter was hero sorry if im wrong lol but i like the whole pilot connected to the suit and a constent battle of morality with both sides winning at points skipping between human morals and sheer blud lust of battle and also the cinematic experiance of movies and the length
Also tht feeling when a unknown gundam appears tense music kicks in and carnage soon follows :)
but no apart from gundam wing airing on regular TV and the endless waltz not really watched any others i would like to get a whole boxset and slob in for a day and watch away as i remember i totally immersed when i was watching
phillosmaster

I'd go with Gundam 00 then next if I were you. Most of Gundam series have the elements you describe, but Gundam 00 is still the series most similar to Wing though so it will be an easy transition to that story. Gundam 00 features a team of gundam like in Gundam Wing. Gundam 00 has pilots with their own signature suits, which feel like extensions of their characters. The gundam feel powerful and scary on the battlefield. There's lot of violent battle and philosophical debate about morals.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Wolfeh

Well everything u just described sounds right up my street thankyou for the direction and posative feedback
angelwingzero

I'd also throw in the English dub of G Gundam. It's a very fun, super robot take on the franchise. Good story, though not very complicated. If you like martials arts movies, you'll love it. And if you like the thing where each main character has their own unique Gundam, you won't be disappointed.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.