Tamiya Mini 4WD

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
YokozunaBulldozer

Tamiya Mini 4WD

I recently got back into my childhood pastime the Tamiya Mini 4wd kits. For those of you unfamiliar, they are small motorized model cars that run on 2 AA batteries. They started off as smaller scale versions of Tamiya's RC cars but gradually evolved to its own thing with having its own championship and further reaching out through manga with two of the prominent titles (Dash! Yonkuro and Bakusou Kyodai Let's & Go) being adapted into animation. It died down and kept a low profile around 2000 until around 2006 it slowly made a comeback.
In hopes of finding fellow mechatalk members who are familiar, had these as a pastime or want to know more I decided to start this thread.

Official MINI 4WD section at Tamiya Japan's website

<Dash! Yonkuro>

Dash! Yonkuro Opening

<Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go Trilogy>
Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go Opening

Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go WGP(World Grand Prix) Opening

Bakusou Kyoudai Let's and Go MAX Opening
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Compass

Re: Tamiya Mini 4WD

Look like race cars, right? With 4 little horizontal wheels on each corner so that when they bump into corners they naturally turn? I had one of those as a little kid. It outran me, drove down the sewer drain, and drove back out. And then I never put batteries in it again.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Tamiya Mini 4WD

Compass wrote:Look like race cars, right? With 4 little horizontal wheels on each corner so that when they bump into corners they naturally turn? I had one of those as a little kid. It outran me, drove down the sewer drain, and drove back out. And then I never put batteries in it again.
Exactly. And yet I went back for more....
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER