Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
phillosmaster

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I'm not saying they have to work out that way, but I like their relationship in the comics. They have good chemistry. Besides Natasha is clearly into Clint in the movie continuity. She's got that arrow necklace around her neck.

Ship, don't let me stop you from shipping :) I was just stating my preference.

Seems kinda hard to give em one of those catchy shipping names like brangelina though. Maybe stetasha....

Add: I can see why you'd prefer Steve and Natasha to Clint and Natasha. In the movie continuity we know next to nothing about Hawkeye except that he's kind of a dick and he was mind controlled that one time. Also he's a really good shot :) I wonder if they will ever give him any screen time to develop or are they just gonna let him fade into the background.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Wingnut

phillosmaster wrote:Seems kinda hard to give em one of those catchy shipping names like brangelina though. Maybe stetasha....
Capidow might work. :)
kayone73 wrote:
halo1000 wrote:I went to see it again the other night (in 3d this time) and I didn't feel as impressed with the 3d as I was with the Avengers.
Nobody thought the 3D was done well for this movie including reviewers, when I heard that I saved money and enjoyed the 2D version. Sorry you had to find out the expensive way
I've not seen many movies in 3D, so can't really be that informative of a judge, but I can see why some would think that the movie could do just fine without it as there weren't that many eye-popping elements even in the battle scenes like there were in Avengers.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destiny_Gundam

phillosmaster wrote:Besides Natasha is clearly into Clint in the movie continuity.
Love is for children. She owes him a debt :P

As for Agent 13, I have to wonder why she was even in the movie when she didn't do anything. That's why I'm a bit apprehensive about pairing her with Cap especially next to how much focus was put on Steve and Natasha.

My favourite part was Steve's "Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now" comment. The look on her face made it obvious that was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to her.

In regards to Hawkeye, I've read interviews that say Age of Ultron will feature him more prominently and the nature of his relationship with Natasha will be made clear.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Wellman

Honestly I think Natasha is to good for Clint, especially in the Marvel movies. Honestly, aside from Black Widow going out of her way to save him and talk him back into action, I don't see much there that I buy people's belief from the first film in the two as a viable couple regardless of it happening in the past in the comics.

But regardless of the ship talk, I just came to say this is easily the most action packed Marvel movie they've done even matching and maybe out doing the Avengers in regards to the action and set pieces for the various characters. Great film and makes me hype for Age of Ultron.

It does make me worry that Guardians of the Galaxy may not be as entertaining now that I've seen what they've done with this film.