The Rains of Castamere

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

The Rains of Castamere

Not going to say anything, except after the recent episode of Game of Thrones, this seems appropriate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ilAVhm3BqI#!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Quiddity

Re: The Rains of Castamere

spoilers for the episode (but no further)
Spoiler
After an episode like that one wonders if "Kill Em All" Tomino was part of the writing team. :P Although they probably outdid even he; when pregnant women die in Tomino's works its getting shot in the face, a much cleaner death than what Talisa got.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Chris
Administrator

I knew all about this stuff 13 years ago before it was cool. /hipster
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Soma Taozi

I knew about the scene since 2008, so do I get a few hipster points? :P

But I made sure to watch it with a bunch of friends who haven't read the books...and my reaction was akin to this: http://i.imgur.com/EF6y7.gif
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Antares

Nicely done, Soma. :D
Chris wrote:I knew all about this stuff 13 years ago before it was cool. /hipster
Rage of Thrones :mrgreen:
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I never read the books but as soon as the series came out I went to Fire and Ice wiki and read everything

well my gf doesn't know anything about the books or the wiki so when the ending happened she freaked out HAHA

same with my younger brother
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Amion

I've got mixed feelings about Fire and Ice, and stopped at Clash of Kings. I hear tell that by book six or so (which is the latest one?) that most of the characters that are likable have died. Moreover I don't particularly care for the undue levels of erotica the book presents ceaselessly. I'm no prude, but it got excessive after a while.

The shameless violence though, and Martin's ability to make me suspect death around the corner for everyone, that still has my interest.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
AJQ32

I like this version of the song better. http://youtu.be/8pO2KTnLPaI
Soma Taozi

Since it has been a couple years, and considering the 'explosive' events of the last episode this season. I thought it would be fitting to post The Light of the Seven. A song that is sure to spread like wildfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFK0yG8xG5I

-Me, 7/19/2020
Soma Taozi

Boy oh boy, a bit of an old post. But considering the time on some of these posts, not unprecedented.

I'm just here to make a joke that who knew that the Rains of Castamere would be a great theme for what happened to this show in seasons 7-8. Aw well.

-Me, 7/19/2020