Justice League movie turmoil

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
zerogradius

Justice League movie turmoil

So the script for the Justice League movie has been scrapped.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertai ... -terrible#

Here's a thought. If they can't get a notable director to come in and do the movie, how about going the sensible route and hiring the guys who did the Justice League Unlimited series to come up with a script. I'm sure they'd do a better job than any of the execs at the WB.
Gearhead1182

Re: Justice League movie turmoil

I agree. The WB animation department has been shelling out good DC works that are much better than the live action films aside for the Batman/Nolan movies. Superman returns and Green Lantern were bad and whats worst is that they are puting all their money on how the Man of Steel film does to see if they are going ahead on the Justice League movie even though they already gave a release date and which heroes are going to star. I know its cliche but they should follow the Marvel studios formula and start with after credits scenes that tease to the film.
zerogradius

The guys behind the Younng Justice TV series would also do a good job. I recently started watching that series and have been hooked ever since.

It's funny how DC has been outperforming Marvel for almost 20 years when it comes to TV series, but Marvel is king when it comes to theatrical releases.
yazi88

zerogradius wrote:It's funny how DC has been outperforming Marvel for almost 20 years when it comes to TV series, but Marvel is king when it comes to theatrical releases.
For the most part yes, only within the past couple of years did Marvel get really good shows like Spectacular Spiderman and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Sadly both of these shows never got renewed beyond season 2. Young Justice is suffering the same now as well. Poor Greg Wiseman just can't catch a break.
Gearhead1182

In the TV series department, DC was kicking ass and Young Justice is another great addition. The only problem is that DC is putting their shows on Cartoon Network, which is notorious for cancelling great shows too early.
In the movie cinema department, while I may agree Marvel is now god (partly due to The Avengers), some of their movies weren't that great (XMEN Last Stand, Wolverine Origins, Electra, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk) but those were the studios (20th Century Fox) fault not Marvels.
The same can be said for the future of the Justice League movie, I continue to think its too early and to be going head to head with the Avengers sequel is a big risk. The safest bet would be what I posted earlier or a Batman/Superman movie (World's Finest) where they start out fighting one another but eventually team up. Who knows? WB can pull a miracle or a huge turd of a film. We'll have to wait an see :) .