Spiderman 1994 animated (spoilers)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
NastyNate

Spiderman 1994 animated (spoilers)

So after watching the new movie amazing spider man I just had to watch the good old classic, which I have not seen since the days when it was on tv. I have to say that it really holds up today. I still think that is the true voice and what spiderman is really like. The arch where he mutates into the beast spider is awesome and after alll of these years I remember the last arch where he teams up with the other super heroes for the super hero war. What I did not realize was the ending and how amazingly epic it is. That is probably one of the coolest endings I have ever seen. The way that he goes and meets Stan Lee is sheer brilliance. And it is actually happy too since they are going to go back and free Marry Jane. Well I watched the whole series in less than a week so it is really that good. What are anyone else s memories of this show?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Mu La Flaga

Re: Spiderman 1994 animated (spoilers)

For myself I really loved this show.
It's also known more commonly as Spider-man TAS (The Animated Series)

I did like how back then it showed how good a Spidey series could be.
Even if numerous episodes had very oddball or obscure villains popping up in the series.

You had some fun recurring ones such as HobGoblin voiced by Mark Hammill.
You also later on had ones with Venom and Carnage in time.
Green Goblin becoming a main villain after Norman Osborn, Harry also succumbed to a similar fate.

You also got cross over episodes with X-Men, Captain America, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, DareDevil, Dr Strange, Blade and more.
Not to mention Black Cat who stuck around as a recurring character after her debut

Over all it also had a solid voice cast and some interesting story arcs to it.
NastyNate

I think the cross overs where one of my favorite parts of the show.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

The animation took too many different directions for my taste, and Gundam SEED's use of stock footage reminds me of this very show. But I really dug the stories and the action, even if FOX Kids' censorship kept Spidey from throwing all but 3 punches. Pretty weird cuz those same people allowed J. Jonah Jameson's potshot towards Princess Diana shortly after her death.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Mu La Flaga

The Stock Footage may have been noticeable, but considering the amount of episodes they had to put out per season.
They would take shortcuts it's a thing lots of animation studios did.

I appreciate this shows hand drawn animation the most, the CG web slinging doesn't hold up well.
The slight blend of hand drawn and CG animation in some scenes worked really well.
NastyNate

Yeah I wish they would have tossed the CG but I don't remember it being bad when I was little so I guess it was good back then. I honestly did not even notice any stock footage and I just watched the whole series in a row. I did notice it pretty bad in seed though.

Wingnut

IIRC, most if not all of that CG work was just backgrounds for Spidy swinging across New York. It actually kinda added an effect that we were moving to a new location like some kind of advanced transitional effect often with Parker's narration.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
yazi88

I really liked the OP and ED music for this show, although the 1st OP was the best and was also the longest especially when the last OP was barely half the length of the 1st. Plus that awesome guitar music in the ED.
mysterE101v2
Location: A barren wasteland location on the edge of hell and infinty AKA NEW JERSEY!!!!!

My favorite arch of the show was the venom saga, for some reason I would watch that then the big budget movie version anyday
“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

― George Orwell, 1984
zerogradius

This was the series that made me a Spiderman fan. Spidey was represented accurately and the villains he faced were not all dumbed down even with the tight regulations Saturday morning cartoons had back then.

Though I have to admit that the Spectacular Spiderman series from a couple years ago surpassed The Amazing Spiderman in every aspect.
UC Fan Xman

I remember that show, and I loved every moment of it, except for the final episode because I felt that it was incomplete.

Favorite moments:

-The Spiderman/X-Men crossover episodes.
-The Symbiote Spiderman/Venom episodes.
-The Black Cat's Debut. (Jennifer Hale was the main Woman in that show!)
-The Green Goblin's Debut.
-The Daredevil crossover episodes.