Tupac hologram 'live' performance at Coachella 2012

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
kayone73

Tupac hologram 'live' performance at Coachella 2012

Many of you into the music scene probably already seen the 2 million youtube vids of Tupac's light projection 'back from the dead' performance at Coachella in Indio, CA this past weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVGIRsKXdo

Basically between this and Hatsune Miku, the Sharon Apple scenario is becoming ever closer to reality...
Cardi Doorl

Re: Tupac hologram 'live' performance at Coachella 2012

Looks like Coachella and other concerned parties went through and made sure all videos of the performance were purged from Youtube. Too bad; it was pretty cool, and you almost, almost forget you're looking at a generated hologram. Definitely worth seeing. Tupac's always been one of the few rap acts I like.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Kenji

Yeah, I couldn't find hide nor hair of it on YouTube. Only commentary on it, one of which linked it to the same process being used for Miku concerts.

Then it hit me, the unholiest of unholies.

What if they went all the way, created a Tupac Vocaloid, and used it to manufacture new Tupac singles? Would it sell? If it did sell, what would that do to the concert scene, in general?
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Gearhead1182

Though the technology been around, its pretty new here in the U.S. With the popularity of Hatsune Miku and other vocaloids, its only a matter of time that someone will recreate a long dead singer or composer and act in front of an audience. Speaking of Sharon Apple, since it been used alot in Asia, I wonder why Big West and Studio Nue have not done a special vocaloid concert during one of their anniversaries. They can literally have Lynn Minmay, Myung, Fire Bomber, Ranka, and Sheryl all perform the songs they're known for. I'm pretty sure they would make a boatload of money.
MechLife

It's an interesting idea, to be sure. Just not sure if it would come off more as cool or creepy...