Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Citizen Costigan

Re: Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Welcome!, happy you finally registered. You'll fit in.
"Death to Space Fascists "
Baund Doc

Hello, I've regularly visited this site for information on mechs from the Gundam meta series and Code Geass. In regards with the Gundam series I'm mostly a fan of the Universal Century, because it helped to establish several elements that present in other timelines (a masked adversary with taste for Red mobile suits, a totalitarian extremist group that imposes their ideals through force, and rebel movement comprised of soldiers from both sides who want to stop said group.

It also provided us with a game that allows you to create an alternate history for UC timeline (Gihren's Greed/Ambition).

I made few post earlier and I didn't realize you had an introduction thread, so I would like to apologize for not introducing myself earlier before I posted.
Dulkor

Hey there. I'm Nate, though obviously Dulkor works just fine as well as far as the internet is concerned.

I'm a longtime fan of mecha anime in general and UC-era Gundam in particular, and after a several year hiatus from participating seriously in any fansite communities, I decided it was time to dip my toes in again, so to speak.

On the off chance there are any other vets of the old times, of the long-long ago, at places like Gundamproject, G.com, Gundamwatch or Animemech, you may recognize me by the name Mega Raptor instead.

Well, let's see how this goes then, shall we?
Amion

Welcome back to the fandom!
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Wolfram

Hey, I'm Thomas. I first got into mecha during MSG's brief run on Toonami. After the show was dropped I followed up by downloading and watching 008th MS Team and After War Gundam X. While I'm pretty much a fan of all mecha, my absolute favorites are VOTOMs, Patlabor, and the various Dynamic Pro series. It's been some years since I've participated in a proper (i.e. not 4chan) message board, so I'm looking forward to talking with everybody.
Amion

Welcome, but be careful of this forum. We bite. :mrgreen: Put on your thinking cap and you should be fine.
anon_the_great

Hello Mechatalkers (or whatever it is we/you are calling ourselves/yourselves)! I've been lurking here for what feels like forever, so I thought i would register and introduce myself. I'm a big fan of nearly all things mecha, anime, manga, and american comics as well. I hope to start contributing to the fun around here soon :D :!:
I am still taken off guard and have to think for a second every time someone talks about full frontal in UC.

steam id : http://steamcommunity.com/id/zombiehunter02
Amion

Welcome. Please enjoy your stay. :)
SpideyWing

Well, this is a thing; it has been several years since I was on a Gundam forum, ever since the heyday of Gundamwatch where I was known as d_magiciantotter and now I feel old. ;_;

*Clears throat* Obviously I go by SpideyWing or Spidey now, but anyone that remembers the nickname of my old Gundamwatch username should feel free to use it.

So if it's been so long, why am I back on a Gundam forum again? Well, blame Dynasty Warriors Gundam. I was playing that at the University I am attending with a friend and that got me interested in the series. Then, after a binge trip onto TV Tropes, I marathoned Gundam X and enjoyed it a lot. Then I saw the images of the HGAC Wing and the HGAW X Kits, and that was pretty much it. XD

As for other areas of my interest...that is a long list. The highlights are, though: Star Trek, Multicolored super heroes with giant robots, and them thar Karate Bugmen. (Power Rangers / Super Sentai and Kamen Rider)

Plain and simple, you may not see me post that much; it's been years since I was a regular part of the fandom, and I have tended to prefer the AU Gundam shows over the mainline UC shows. Still, it is nice to be here.
Last edited by SpideyWing on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
Brave Fencer Kirby

SpideyWing wrote:d_magiciantotter
Heeeey, I remember that name! Always good to see another Gundam Watch veteran. Welcome back to the fandom!
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
zachalmighty1

Hi, my name is Zach and I'm the lead story writer for a small indie developer. I recently tried to petition to bring the SRW OG series to NA/EU. I had to re-register because my old email address became unavailable for use...

Nice to meet you all!
shadowxps

Hello. My name is Andy. New here obviously but I've always loved the MAHQ website. Anyway I've been searching around for a forum that can have fair discussions about gundam and any other mecha anime without flame wars breaking out over what protagonist would win or what series is best. Since it seems this site has a good no flame rule set I think I've found a place to stay. If I had known MAHQ had a forum I would have joined earlier but alas I must have just not seen it. Thank you for having me.
Just for the good old days; give me pie. Deculture!
M-308 Gunner

Hello - I'm Luke, and I usually go by Zycrow or Rookjones on other forums but I went for a more mech-appropriate handle here. I've visited MAHQ many times in the past but since I've been on a big mecha kick this year I figured it was finally time to join.
FieryBlitz

It was peaceful on the forum when suddenly...

DY... NAMIC ENTRY!!

A newcomer comes smashing through the ceiling of the forum, striking the forum's founder with a hot-blooded flying kick. The founder flies into a random stack of breakable objects as the newcomer slides across the ground, holding a pose that many would find to be awkward.

Hello, Mecha Talk forum! This is your Super Robot Pilot Kamen Rider here to announce that a new superhero has come to town! My interests are Mecha anime, Kamen Rider, video games, and while not an "", I have played a few of them and enjoyed them (without getting furious from dying so much anyway...), but all that aside, I look forward to getting along with you guys! ... What's with that face?

The man known as FieryBlitz looked at the stack of destroyed breakable objects to see the founder in a wreck.

... Crap. I was wondering what I hit on my way in.
Raikoh

Hey, this is Raikoh. Some of you may know me (or at least if you don't know the name, you might be familiar with me through YouTube/Tumblr/whatever), but I wouldn't be surprised if most of you don't. I've mostly just lurked through the internet while only really regularly visiting one forum which I've recently had a falling-out with. So I chose to find a new forum, and decided that a place where I can be open about my obsession with mecha is as good a place as any.

Favorite series? Well, I can't really put a finger on any "favorite" thing of mine, since it really just depends on the mood I'm in. For Real Robot series I'd say some of my favorites are Turn A, most One Year War stuff, and AGE (exclusively the Asemu arc - which I felt was good enough to make up for the rest of the series' problems. But I digress). For Super Robot series I'd say some of my favorites are GaoGaiGar, Gunbuster, Gun X Sword, Gurren Lagann, and (this last one is a bit of a guilty pleasure) Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos. For non-mecha series, well, I love Lyrical Nanoha (mostly A's) and Type Moon to death (though I've only scratched the surface on Type Moon), as well as Hajime no Ippo, Nichijou, and pretty much everything I've read from Ken Akamatsu. Anyway, if you really want to know more about me I have a blog that I have... Run out of content to put up on. I also have a tumblr where I mostly just toss screencaps from whatever I happen to be watching at the moment. I also have an AnimePlanet profile that just shows what I've watched and my hipster tendencies of not liking new/popular anime. I won't link them here because that would just seem like an advertisement and that's not why I came here.

You probably have noticed by now I'm incredibly long-winded.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Zeether

Hello all, I'm new here. I came across MAHQ a while back and on a whim a few weeks ago decided to listen to Gundamn just because I needed a podcast to occupy my school commute, ended up liking it. I'm not super into mecha anime but I do like it and I LOVE mecha games like Virtual On and Mechwarrior. My favorite mecha series are probably G Gundam and Patlabor. I'm also a fan of non mecha anime/manga series, my two big favorites being Initial D (I'm not as much of a fan as I used to be of it due to the later half of the manga but I still like it) and Negima, which I got REALLY into and loved despite the ending (I am reading the sequel series as well).

On top of my anime/manga interests I like video games and the occasional bit of railfanning.
Win32error

Hi everyone, new here. I've used mahq for a few years when i first started watching seed to get some more information on the mobile suits, and i've since enjoyed the reviews a lot. Never thought i'd sign up, but i've recently gathered the courage to watch the older UC series, and i just finished zeta. Thought i might as well see if i can discuss the series some here.

Thing is, i don't believe it's very active anymore?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Win32error wrote:Hi everyone, new here. I've used mahq for a few years when i first started watching seed to get some more information on the mobile suits, and i've since enjoyed the reviews a lot. Never thought i'd sign up, but i've recently gathered the courage to watch the older UC series, and i just finished zeta. Thought i might as well see if i can discuss the series some here.

Thing is, i don't believe it's very active anymore?
We're always up for a little Zeta discussion. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wilbur boy g1

Hello the name's Wilbur I'm new here I found this place a while ago and decided why not give her a try you know, I was one of the toonami kids back then with wing,g and msg but fell of the radar after seed(hmmm... Interesting) but I have returned to mech relating things thanks to pacific rim(del toro be praised) that led to me to find this places and I decided to be a member.
HDKirin

Hi everyone. Happy holidays to all of you. I was pointed to here rather recently by a GameFAQs user under the name of RoboP. I've been a fan of mecha shows for quite a long time now and I've only really consulted MAHQ for research and information purposes over the years. I'm glad to see that it also hosts a large, respectable community as well and hope to get to know all of you soon enough.

Mainly, I specialize in the Gundam vs. Gundam game series. I used to host a web show named Mobile Suit Highlights that covered several units from Gundam Extreme Vs. Unfortunately, there were some personal issues in life that popped up which led me to discontinue it and I have kind of stepped out of the scene for awhile.

If there is anyone who still plays Gundam Extreme Vs., I am always up for playing with you. My PSN ID is in my signature.

Other than that, here's my current YouTube channel but I plan to relocate soon, as the latest uploaded video implies: http://www.youtube.com/user/kirinfangEXVS
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | Steam | Last.fm
PSN: Zankantou (NA) | HDKirin (JP)