Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
DarkerThanBlack Man

Re: Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

yo.
I suppose I should stop lurking for a bit.

names DarkerThanBlack Man.

nice to meetcha.
Powerman293

I'm Powerman293. 00 is my favorite series and I'm just getting into HGs. I also love Gundamn.
Jadfish

Hiya, my name is Jadfish.

One sunday, a couple of weeks ago, I was assembling cheap IKEA furniture like the shameless scandinavian I am, when I felt like listening to something new podcast-wise. I searched for "gundam", and up came the Gundamn! podcast with a discussion on the new G no Reconguista series. Aint that neat.
I subscribed to it right around "CLOSE THE DAMN COCKPIT, HOMEBOY'S FALLIN' OUT"

My interests can be found on my profile page.

I am very happy to see that this board forbids those annoying image/gif signatures.

Cheers.
Alexeon

Hello, I'm a new member to the forums but I've been visiting MAHQ for mecha info and specs for about 10 years now, since High school. I never visited the forums before for some reason, which is weird because I was a pretty active member of other (now defunct) anime forums back in the day.

I decided to swing by this place because I recently found the first episode of the Gundamn podcast on my HDD, where it has been sitting for many years, and I decided to listen to it and found that a) I enjoyed it a lot and have started listening to the other episodes in order, and b) they made several references to the forums so I figured I'd check them out.

So, nice to meet you all. I don't know how active I'll be but just glancing through some of the threads here, I like reading the technical discussions.
WreckFlair

Just realized this was here.

Hey everyone, I've been around on the MAHQ group on Facebook for a couple weeks. Hadn't bothered to sign up on the forum until recently. Long time lurker; but a few months of Gundamn made me knuckle up and get on this thing.

I'm just here for the giant fighting robots. Holla at ya boy.
nhyalfhena

Howdy, Nice to meet each and every one of you. Hope you can be nice so I will be nice too. Dream: for one day have technology advance so that I can own my own Mech-suit ^_^
vrj_rrls_2015

Sup guys nothing much to say other than Hi and thanks for being a good community and for all the other stuff you guys do
ennui

Hey, just started listening to the Gundamn podcast and liked the discussion.
This looks like a fun community.

I'm a big Gundam fan from a while back, and I'm totally obsessed with Dunbine.
I translate Japanese table-top role-playing games into English, my first book is at the printers now and another project coming up very soon.
I'm also a wargamer and board gamer, so one of my projects is a One Year War strategy game in the vein of Gihren's Greed.
Alexeon

Wow, ennui, you translate TRPGs? Nice! Which ones have you worked on? Any plans on tackling the Lodoss War one?
ennui

Ryuutama is at the printers now and the Kickstarter for Shinobigami will be going up in November. We've also previously published Tenra Bansho Zero, which has some really awesome looking robots, among other insane stuff. Highly recommended =)

I won't link to my site, as it's a product I sell, but you can Google that stuff pretty easily.

As for Sword World (Lodoss War), I think there's already a fan-translation available. It's a bit too generic for us, so we're not planning on working on it.
Alexeon

Got, thanks for the info. I'll look into it, including the stuff you've done. Now to find people to play with.
GVmanX

Hey everyone, I decided to make an account here to give me something to do on slow nights at work. Figured talking about robot cartoons would be a good choice.

I've been into mecha anime for about as long as I've recognized anime as anime. Gundam has always been a big franchise for me. Back when Toonami came on mid-afternoon, I got into G Gundam and various other assorted shows that aired. It also got me preferring old, hand-drawn animation over this digital junk.

Once I got to be about 14, I watched Tomino's Gundam movie trilogy, as well as his masterpiece titled Space Runaway Ideon. Since then, I've been hooked. I'm also a fan of various super robot series (I really love the Getter Robo manga), as well as VOTOMS. However, I do seem to be in the minority with my opinion of that one; I felt like the show improved greatly with all the post Kummen stuff.

Anyway, I hope to have a good bit of fun here with y'all.
MayflyOfSpace

Hey folks,

Like a lot of people it seems, I've been looking this forum/ using MAHQ as a resource for years now, but never bothered to make an account. Maybe because forums sometimes seem outdated in the days of platforms like facebook and reddit, but maybe not. I don't know. in any case, I'm glad to be here now.

I'd like to say I've been a fan of Gundam my whole life, but like a lot of Americans, I got into it when Wing and G Gundam came stateside, but then sort of fell away from it and forgot about it. Back in 2010 or so, I was living with a friend who told me about Unicorn and I watched an episode of it and that did it for me. That flipped a switch in me, and since, I've been voraciously consuming pretty much every Gundam-related thing I can get my hands on.

Anyways, nice to meet you all and I look forward to being a member of this community.
Zeonista

Wow, this Gundamn podcast really works to bring the new guys in.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
ChaoticSheep1

:shock: Did I forget to say Hello in here. Sorry...

I haven't decided on a profile picture yet. But I am on here to read and talk about some of the really interesting things you people talk about, mostly cause I have waaaaaaaay too much free time on my hands.

Also please don't bite :)
Amion

We have very sharp teeth. If we do, don't be frightened. It doesn't hurt. You may want to keep some mental bandages on hand, a distopian sci-fi philosophy digest can help with that.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
c_pokey

Howdy. I made this account over 5 years ago and just fell out of the whole anime thing for a while, but I'm back full force and I love me some mother fucking Gundam!
Hoyboy

Hallo, just arrived.

I'm Hoyboy, someone who only recently really began to get into mechas. A friend pointed me in this direction so here I am.
Omnislayer

Hello friends, I'm sorta new but not really. I've lurked and read topics for over a decade, and had previously created an account that I barely used and have since forgotten the user name of.

So I've decided to simply start new, I quite like the people here after all.

I am a monumental fan of the Gundam franchise and own quite a lot of gunpla. I am a fan of science fiction and mecha in general and love the technical side of things, which is why I love this place.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favorite anime.(pls don't hurt me)
PSN- blackatt66
Steam- omni_slayer