Iron Man 3

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: Iron Man 3

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

burgerseatbright wrote:I would pay money to see it if Scarlett Johansson was part of the cast again. The movies have always been cheesy, with villains I couldn't take seriously. But seeing Scarlett kick some ass as Black Widow would be worth my $10.
Unfortunately, I recall reading somewhere that ScarJo is not returning for Iron Man 3, as Black Widow will apparently be getting her own movie in the not-too-distant future.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Iron Man 3 is... colorful?
OMFGWTHISTHATIRONPATRIOT????!!
Well, well, well now...this could be interesting. According to the article, that's Eric Savin - another character I wasn't familiar with - although the design of the armor bears some resemblance to either Iron Patriot(Color scheme's a bit off though) or a cleaner, more compact version of Detroit Steel. In any case, it's an Iron Man armor variant, but with colors clearly inspired by Cap's threads. Appears to have a WarMachine-style shoulder cannon.
According to this article, it is Iron Patriot, only with someone else inside the suit.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ZeonsSilverStar

Since Osborn obviously won't be connected to the Iron Patriot in the movie I wonder what sort of backstory they're going to come up with for the armor. Also I'm guessing Savin won't be an cyborg in the movie, but I could be wrong.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
schwarz ritter

YES! IRON PATRIOT!
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Kristina Pino

Back to Iron Man 3, I'm pretty excited to know that Sir Ben Kinglsey will be a part of the cast (though I thought it'd be hysterical if he were cast as M.O.D.O.K., but now fans and iMDB are pretty convinced he'll be Mandarin, which is also fine). I know his announcement is kind of old news, but I only just noticed this thread. Lol.

I wonder whether Ruffalo will make an appearance as Hulk, though? He did drive off with Stark at the end of The Avengers, so it's highly plausible there'll be a cameo at least.

I personally liked both of the movies, and I guess we might see War Machine at some point. They did kind of point to it in Iron Man 2 imo.
Kristina Travels, Tweets, Writes About Toys, Reads, Reviews Anime; just generally blogs way too much.

Last game played: Trine. Last book read: The Whip. Last gunpla built: SD Stargazer Gundam.
Reading: Peter Pan.
Watching: Fairy Tail, Gundam00.

"You ought to keep one foot out of your mouth. You may need it to run." (Chiana, Farscape)
schwarz ritter

I would guess Ruffalo will make a cameo at the beginning, with Tony taking him to somewhere remote or something like that. Or maybe they'll just mention him. "Hey, Tony, what happened to Banner?"
"Banner? Oh, I just had him disappeared." ;)

NOOOO! I WAN'D DHA AIRON PAITRIOTZ! :(

I hope War Machine appears. I was actually surprised he didn't even make a cameo in the Avengers, but meh, that's okay. As a villain, I would hope the Mandarin appears. Even if they "mortalize" him into just some warlord or some kind of crap like that, I don't care: I WANTZ MANDARINZ! LOL
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
GNRoyalFlash24

Rumor has it, that the Mandarin could definitely appear in Iron Man 3 since Thanos has been revealed near the end of The Avengers, and what better way to connect him but with his servant The Mandarin. Other than that, what excites me for IM 3 is what armor from the comics are they going to adopt to the movie :D
hitokirigarou

Story will be based on the Extremis arc.

The "Iron Patriot" is supposedly War Machine repainted for propaganda purposes.

Ben Kingsley's character is rumored to be based on the businessman aspect of the Mandarin.
Mu La Flaga

I want to shoot down that speculation on War Machine and Iron Patriot related stuff.

Ok firstly if that is a repainted War Machine.
A)The chest armor would be different.
B)The Unibeam piece would be circular not a star shaped.
C)The Gattling gun would be larger.

So here is my speculation on how Iron Patriot may come around.
I think it could end up that Mandarin helps Hammer get hold of one of Stark's old armors and thus Hammer modifies and recolours it totally.

OR

Hammer using the info he got in Iron Man 2 when he modified the Mark 2 in to War Machine.
He just builds a new one from scratch and makes a half decent result.

Keep in mind just speculation though ;)
Mu La Flaga

Fair enough, but as I said I do have reasons why I don't think it's the same.
There is differences in the design of the 2 suits.

It shouldn't be just a simple repaint.

Also the guy in the costume James Badge Dale not Don Cheadle.
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
Gatx

At first I thought it was all cool that Tony would be having an army of Iron Men, but isn't it basically what he spent most of the finale of the last movie (Iron Man 2, not the Avengers) fighting against?
TetraVaal wrote:
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:As long as Tony Stark doesn't turn into an emo, Ill be fine.
You'll never have to worry about that with Black at the helm.
That's not the way it's looking at this point - we have a Tony Stark struggling with PTSD after New York, and is about to have everything he cared about taken away by the Mandarin. Even if he's not dark and brooding for the entire movie, he'll at least be like that for a scene or two. At the very least I can say that it probably won't be as fun and upbeat as Iron Man, Iron Man 2, or the Avengers (not in the same way, explosions and spectacle are their own type of fun).
YokozunaBulldozer

schwarz ritter wrote:"Banner? Oh, I just had him disappeared." ;)

WORLD WAR HULK! WORLD WAR HULK!
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
kayone73

So there have been already sneak preview screenings of Iron Man 3 happening this past week and their spoiler-free reports have been all consistently 'awesome'. And there are already 43 reviews on rottentomates.com 96% fresh rating so far.

Looking foward to this next week.
halo1000

Just seen it today, different to what I expected but excellent nonetheless.
Toxicity

I saw it, it was pretty damned good.

The prodigal son returns.
Wellman

Gatx wrote:At first I thought it was all cool that Tony would be having an army of Iron Men, but isn't it basically what he spent most of the finale of the last movie (Iron Man 2, not the Avengers) fighting against?
TetraVaal wrote:
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:As long as Tony Stark doesn't turn into an emo, Ill be fine.
You'll never have to worry about that with Black at the helm.
That's not the way it's looking at this point - we have a Tony Stark struggling with PTSD after New York, and is about to have everything he cared about taken away by the Mandarin. Even if he's not dark and brooding for the entire movie, he'll at least be like that for a scene or two. At the very least I can say that it probably won't be as fun and upbeat as Iron Man, Iron Man 2, or the Avengers (not in the same way, explosions and spectacle are their own type of fun).
Despite the subject matter, after seeing it I can tell you it maintains much of the fun and upbeat nature of the previous films. Literally the darkest parts probably only last maybe 2 minutes before being interrupted by either fun scenes or comedy. Very good film worthy of the previous entries.
kayone73

Saw it twice this weekend. The movie wasn't perfect and did have some glaring minor plot points, but I was quite pleased with some of the twists and revelations that sent other fanboys into a rage. Also the decision to take this story and scale it back to a much more personal film focusing on Tony Stark, the man and separate him from the armor for a while, made for a great film and entertaining story, especially as a follow up to the massively action-filled Avengers. To try to make an equally large film with Iron Man 3 would have been a mistake and probably attempted in less competent hands.

I will say this movie does feel more like a Shane Black movie using Iron Man/Stark as a character, than it feels like a comic book movie directed by Shane Black, which IMHO, is a good thing.

Iron Man 2 suffered a bit from being too much a 'comic book movie' that tried to hard to hit those perceived requite 'comic book film' beats.