The Official Sign In/Out Thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: The Official Sign In/Out Thread

Tsuki wrote:Hey Guys! New here. I'm a refugee from /m/, hoping to find some more ... civil discussion and some cool people. I hope to have some great discussions with you guys!

Cheers!
You've come to the right place. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kavik Ryx

Signing in for the first time in over two years, and I feel so out of place, yet so little seems to have changed. Since leaving the forum, I had somewhat of a falling out with anime (one which I now regret). Now however, I intend to find myself back into the niche. In that time, I had changed my major, tried and failed to write a senior thesis, and most significantly, I have recently, made a change of venues from Colorado to Israel (for the next two years) as an English teacher in order to get some perspective on life. Sadly, I haven't found local anime community yet.

It's really time to make up for lost time. Hell, I've only seen the first two episodes of Gundam Age.

BTW If anyone knows of any anime/comic/video game/toku communities in the region, I'd really like to know.
DuelGundam2099

Fri Jan 15, 2010 to Wed Jan 09, 2013, three years and 1810 posts. The longest time I have been anywhere without being thrown out on a bogus charge. For a long time I felt welcome for who I was, but recently no longer. I can feel the ground shake underneath me with the tall-tale signs of violence looming in the near distance, something I have been too familiar with and hoped it would not follow. A curse so to say. This time I'm not letting it win. With that I am leaving and I might not be back and before I do I wish to say goodbye to so many of you whom have touched me as a human with your knowledge and kindness.

Goodbye ShadowCell, goodbye Destiny_Gundam, goodbye G9000 Gundam X, goodbye Mythgarr, goodbye Soma, goodbye Arbiter GUNDAM, goodbye angelwingzero, goodbye Yazan, goodbye Dark Duel, goodbye Strike Zero, goodbye Amuro NT1, goodbye Lightningcount, goodbye Kuruni, goodbye HellCat, goodbye Gelgoog Jager, goodbye Ryujin (even if you think I'm retarded), goodbye Silver_August, goodbye Compass, goodbye ZeonsSilverStar, goodbye Kei, goodbye bullethead, goodbye kayone73, goodbye domino, goodbye Kaioshin, goodbye zerogradius, goodbye Raptor, goodbye Newtype87, goodbye Amion, goodbye Cybaster, goodbye teslashark, goodbye E08, goodbye TakaTahuNuva (thanks for at least trying to cheer me up), goodbye PoweredGNFlag, goodbye Vent Noir, goodbye Flame-X, goodbye YokozunaBulldozer, goodbye Toxicity, goodbye Mu, goodbye Wingnut, goodbye Sume Gai, goodbye reeoyuy, goodbye Seraphic, goodbye NastyNate, goodbye yazi88, goodbye hitokirigarou, goodbye mccred23, goodbye Shinji103, goodbye Outlaw, goodbye Bonsey!, goodbye Kratos, goodbye Dendrobium, goodbye Xenosynth, goodbye Andrew_Graruru, and goodbye to Chris.

Some of you hated me, but I never hated any of you, not even now. Maybe one day I will find a place where I can be welcomed for who I am, maybe one day I will find a place in which my oddness is not so infuriating to people, maybe one day I'll stop being depressed, maybe one day I can be trusted instead of being called a troll or disruptor or derailer or whatever other synonym exists, maybe one day I can find a place in which I am not hounded for crimes I am not guilty of.... Maybe, but I also realize that the day may never come. I'll admit I crack jokes at times, but didn't mean to have such a venomous perception as some sort of chaotic monster with some diabolical agenda. Even I do not find myself interesting enough to be on the same anything as that. I am as worthless as dirt- Actually no, that is insulting to dirt as it makes a better substance to walk over than I am.

Goodbye MAHQ, forget this place and it's kind people I will not. There really is no place for me anywhere. :(
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

My advise is that you take a hard look at yourself, stop looking for pity, and grow up a little.

Anyway, I am signing out for a bit as well. Month or two tops. My posts here are getting infrequent and I have found that I need to focus on college. And the best way I can stay away from mechatalk is to officially sign out for a little.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
DuelGundam2099

One week later and I can't do it. There is no substitute for this place and it looks like I am cursed to wander the sight of the snipers.

Gosh darn it I'm pathetic even if I'm not looking for pity.
QuessParaya

It's been a fair bit (according to my last sign in, over a year). Howdy. I've written more SEED fic since then but nothing that's seen the light of day, and I've got some ideas for Unicorn and 00 fic bouncing around ye olde cranium, but nothing that's made its way onto the phone or computer.

I do wonder if Nanai made it to the Unicorn timeline...
Eamus Catuli

HEJA BVB
Arbiter GUNDAM

Not that we know of. The Rewloola seems to be commanded by different officers.

--Freyja Wion
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

And I am back! Life is back under my control...although I can't promise I will be around all that much. You will see me post occasionally...and expect some older threads being brought back (I am looking at you Bleach Is Ending Thread and Evangelion 3.0 Thread) as well as maybe the creation of a few new ones.

It is a shame that I am still busy or I would try to snatch up the opportunity to review Eureka 7...anyway it is good to be back with you guys!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Zeonista

Lord i've been gone so long, a new Gundam Unicorn episode came out! :D Well, Box-xhan is behaving herself, and the internet connection is solid again, so there shouldn't be further interruptions. *knocks on wood*
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
zero_the_masked_knight

Hello.

About... four? years ago, I finally mustered up the courage to join this forum, which was the first forum that I ever followed since I discovered Gundam way back when I was a kid. I guess I can say that while I enjoyed occasionally posting here and there, I wasn't really able to get out of my shell and contribute as much as I would like. So, after discovering the Gundamn and Chaos theater podcasts, I decided to dust off this old account and try again. I've done a lot - a lot - of growing up in the last four years, and I feel confident enough to be a more active participant. Cheers.

Thanks to Chris and the other admins for keeping this account here.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
Antares

I haven't been back for about 6 months. This is due to the unfortunate distance growing between my own preferences and generic anime shows. With the exception of AoT, I haven't watched any new anime series (I've revisited some old ones I have on DVD). I have watched the movies or remake-movies (Berserk), but that's about it. As such, I didn't feel the usual draw here either since I had very little to discuss and felt like the proverbial crotchety old man talking about the animes of yore, and how all the new stuff was subpar. :D

EDIT: stupid brain-fart corrected. :P
Last edited by Antares on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Zeonista

Antares wrote:I haven't been back for about 6 months. This is due to the unfortunate distance growing between my own preferences and generic anime shows. With the exception of AoT, I haven't watched any new anime series (I've revisited some old ones I have on DVD). I have watched the movies or remake-movies (Berserk), but that's about it. As such, I didn't feel the usual draw here either since I had very little to discuss and felt like the proverbial crotchety old man talking about the animes of yore, and how all the old stuff was subpar. :D
Don't sweat it too much, we can be the crotchety old guys of MAHQ together. :D Despite some falling-out moments myself, there is still some good anime for the old(er) fan to appreciate.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Antares

Zeonista wrote:Don't sweat it too much, we can be the crotchety old guys of MAHQ together. Despite some falling-out moments myself, there is still some good anime for the old(er) fan to appreciate.
Oh definitely! I didn't mean to come across as (pretending to be) too old. :D
This site, anime in general, and its fandom will remain near and dear to me. It's just that there's less to comment on when less and less new shows catch my interest, like I said. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Wild Goose

Well, things finally settled down in my life, and so I return. That said I think only red, Fritz and Cardi would still remember me. ^_^;

I have a feeling I may hold the record for the longest time away from mechatalk, or not. <.<
Spidey62

Hello everyone.
For those that don't go on the Facebook Group I am one of the Mods on there,Matthew Kyle.

I made this account a while back but never touched it. I'm looking to spend more time here with a community I care about very much.
Kenji

Y'know, I never let anyone know I was going anywhere... largely because I, myself, didn't know I was going anywhere. I just kinda did.

Still, it seems I'm most likely back, what with Gundam cropping up again in conversations out in the real world and two new shows I'm fairly excited about. So... that's a thing. :P
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Arbiter GUNDAM

After taking a little vacation from Mecha Talk.... I'm back. :)

--Freyja Wion
valkyriepilot

I'm also back after... well, I think almost close to 2 years. Hiya guys! :D
QuessParaya

I swear I seem to post in the sign in/out thread more than anything else...gotta put MechaTalk in the toolbar :)

There's probably no-one left who remembers me (oh, how time flies and things change), but at one time I used to write fanfic. I did a quick search and none of it is here, and alas said fics have been lost to the sands of times and computers. Someone mentioned MAHQ to me the other day and I figured I'd stop on by.

Y'all need to get more active. And post things. (I could help, but I'm so far out of the loop with Gundam now, beyond Unicorn and the little I hear about Build Fighters...my big thing is the Bundesliga now)
Eamus Catuli

HEJA BVB