Endra Class

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Endra Class

With the discussion about UC warships some time ago, I began having a few doubts about some of the facts we know about these ships. Here's a few of them:

-This one has been bugging me for a while, but what's the purpose of the 2-barrel main gun at the bottom of the ship, it looks like it can only aim to the ship's engine. Can it actually turn around enough to aim for other targets?

-This one was mentioned on the other thread, but what is the MS capacity of the Endra. 6 MS was proposed, but just in the episode where the Hamma Hamma makes its debut, it is followed by 7(or 9?, I watched it a long time ago, so I don't remember well) Gaza-Cs giving it at least 8(10?) MS at one time, not counting the Zssa, Gallus J, the 3 Gaza-Ds and another 2 Gaza-Cs that were deployed before. Since the Endra didn't seem to restock until Chara Soon arrived, it would seem that it was carrying all these suits from the start. It is mentioned that many of these were still being built during the Endra's stay at Shangri-La colony, but we don't know if they were being stored elsewhere while disassembled or occupying a place in the MS hangar. What MS capacity would you give it?

-Does the Endra really has a Komusai? It has been a while since I watched the series, but I really don't recall seeing one. In what episode was it deployed and where is it stored in the Endra?

-In ZZ we see about 5 Endra class ships in the entire series, each with a different color, with the exception of the Endra and the Endra II. But in the Z trilogy there seems to be more Endra class ships. So the question is: was the Endra supposed to be a replacement for the Musai as the backbone of the Axis and later Neo Zeon fleets or were they meant to be flagships of unseen Musais and other class ships?
Phantomexe87

I believe the Endra can easily hold more than 6, probably twice that based off of the last ZZ Gundam episodes. I would guess 9-12, probably 10.

I think the change in size of numbers. is mostly the result of the series different direction. In Zeta and the Trilogy the Axis Zeon are shown to be a relatively realistic depiction of a real and competent army. In ZZ Gundam, Neo Zeon is shown to be an extremely dysfunctional and filled with buffoonish commanders. Likely as a result, Axis/Neo Zeon's forces are also reduced considerably, going from a fearsome fleet, to a handful of ships. That said, I am guessing that the Endra was indeed supposed to become Neo Zeon's mainstay, but with such a radical change in the entire organization, they were instead turned into flagships, as otherwise there would be no way for the equally toned down AEUG to stop them.

Picture for Size

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8194 ... e66tb4.png

Forgive the poor quality.
Gelgoog Jager

The problem by the end of ZZ, is that the ships were probably carrying far more MS that they could mantain, mainly due to how close Core 3 was. The best example of this is when an Endra class is seen towing about 10 MS. My guess is that the ones in the pic you show may also be extra MS that were only hitching a ride on the Endra in order to fight Glemy's forces at Axis.

In the case all those MS were actually part of the Endra's MS complement, just already deployed to engage as soon as they arrived at their target location, it would support the idea that the Endra might have been carrying all the MS it used during the first episodes in ZZ in its MS hangar in a complete or almost complete form, but each occupying the place of a standard MS.

Would you happen to know how many Gaza-Cs were following the Hamma Hamma the first time it was deployed, in episode 9?
Phantomexe87

Five Gaza Cs followed the Hamma Hamma.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9329 ... 908rd0.png

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/8859 ... e67kv8.png

So that would give us 6 mobile suits (counting the HH of course), but that does not mean that they fill the Endra's full capacity, obviously.

Well the first pic shows a lot MS which likely do not all belong to the Endra's MS compliment, however, it shows how big the Endra is, and that it could easily hold more than 6.
mcred23

The official capacity of the Endra is, as it's been noted in this thread and that other one, seems to be listed as six MS. However, as I and others have pointed out countless times, the number of MS that can be carried by a ship is often quite confusing and the official numbers are very often wrong or outdated or confused in some other way (Zeta's numbers are known to be very wacky, and it wouldn't suprise me if ZZ's are as well).
Gelgoog Jäger wrote:-In ZZ we see about 5 Endra class ships in the entire series, each with a different color, with the exception of the Endra and the Endra II. But in the Z trilogy there seems to be more Endra class ships. So the question is: was the Endra supposed to be a replacement for the Musai as the backbone of the Axis and later Neo Zeon fleets or were they meant to be flagships of unseen Musais and other class ships?
The Endra's do show up several times late in Zeta, all in the Endra/Endra II green colors (Which I'd assume was their standard colors, however, I can't recall exact numbers.

However, the Axis fleet does take something of a beating during this time, between being the victims of Operation Maelstrom and the heavy fighting around the Gryps 2 laser, so it is quite likely a few were lost during this time period...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
toysdream

By the end of ZZ, the Axis fleet includes a couple of dozen Endras, so it's definitely pretty numerous.

The Komusai is stored in the back of the bridge. The Gwanban has the same model of Komusai in the back of its bridge, and the Sadalahn has a different model in its bow.

As for its mobile suit capacity, the Endra only has six storage beds, but it's very common for Universal Century warships to cram in extra mobile suits in emergency situations. Typically they can fit in about 50% more than their standard capacity; for example, the Argama has eight storage beds but can carry 12 mobile suits. The Endra deploys nine mobile suits in episode 10 of ZZ, so it seems that it has the same kind of extra margin.

An Endra-class cruiser can also assemble replacement mobile suits from "kits" stored in containers. According to Entertainment Bible 2, a new Galluss J can be assembled within six hours, which is about how long it takes me to build a Master Grade kit. :-)

-- Mark
Zeonic Glory

^Sorry that this comment is off topic, but, 6 hours? Thats way longer than it took for the Cyclops Team to assemble the Kaempfer. Hm, its probably cause an Endra would have more mechanics/technichians, but stilll....

It really isn't that hard to store extra mobile suits in ships. It always looks like there is enough room to store extra units. One place you could store them in is on the floor. Impractical, yes, but its space. Just float to you Gaza C, somehow launch, and the standing units can launch :P .
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
toysdream

Zeonic Glory wrote:^Sorry that this comment is off topic, but, 6 hours? Thats way longer than it took for the Cyclops Team to assemble the Kaempfer. Hm, its probably cause an Endra would have more mechanics/technichians, but stilll....
Entertainment Bible 2 says that Axis mobile suits are specifically designed to be broken down into parts and reassembled, whereas the Kaempfer wasn't. This isn't mentioned very often in the animation, but I guess it's a useful feature considering that Axis ships go through mobile suits very quickly due to the abysmal skills of their pilots.

-- Mark
mcred23

Zeonic Glory wrote:^Sorry that this comment is off topic, but, 6 hours? Thats way longer than it took for the Cyclops Team to assemble the Kaempfer. Hm, its probably cause an Endra would have more mechanics/technichians, but stilll....
Question: where does the six hours for the Cyclops Team to assemble the Kampfer come from? I've never heard that...

And on the other side of things, it seems six hours no matter what seems kinda fast. However, I'd image that, in the case of the Axis/Neo Zeon guys at least, their MS "kits" are probably set up so that the MS can be built in as little time as possible...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Phantomexe87

Well the Endra had technicians, the Cyclops Team had three guys, as I doubt Bernie had any experience piecing together MS, plus he spent so much time with Al. The Cyclops Team began construction of the Kampfer on December 16, and mobilized it on the 19th.
Gelgoog Jager

Not to mention that it should be easier to build a MS inside the hangar of a ship designed to support and mantain MS with proper equipment, than inside some storage building. They probably just brought the equipment they could not get elsewhere along with the Kämpfer and improvised for the rest of the equipment.

Going back to the original questions, does anyone know if any Endra class ship ever used its dual main gun or its mega particle cannons(the ones stored in the yellow domes)?

Does anyone has a pic of the Endra from below, so we can see how does the dual mega particle cannon moves?