Propulsion of gundams

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Collector

Propulsion of gundams

Does anyone know what kind of propulsion engines that were in the wings of the Wing zero and on the back? Verniers i believe they were called. Can anyone confirm that and what their output and stats were?
is a dunce with online stuff but can build anything mechanical :D
Phantomexe87

Powerplant: ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 3732 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 88150 kg total

From MAHQ's Wing Gundam Zero page, if that helps any.
Collector

thanks phantom, i was lookin through that for the rating that the engines had for thrust. i didn't see it
is a dunce with online stuff but can build anything mechanical :D
FEMC_Mirage_Corp

FYI: Verniers are usually reaction control devices. They're what a mecha would use to change the direction a mecha was facing rather than what direction they were moving in. Or to put it another way, verniers provide manuverability in space rather than thrust for movement.
"We are All Individuals" - They Chanted in Unison
RGM-79 GM

I think you are thinking about Apogees. They turnt he MS but don't move it while the verniers move them.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
FEMC_Mirage_Corp

RGM-79 GM wrote:I think you are thinking about Apogees. They turnt he MS but don't move it while the verniers move them.
Well according to ask.com we're both correct.

"A small rocket engine used primarily to make fine adjustments in velocity and trajectory."

I had always interpreted it the way I did because the number of verniers and the thrust on the MS were listed separately. Usually with a breakdown of something like "x2 5,000 kg. x4 3,000 kg" indicating there were two engines of 5,000 kg thrust and etc... Since they didn't list a thrust value in the vernier listing and just a number of verniers, I drew the conclusion that they were for manuver control only and not movement. But this is apparently not strictly the case.
"We are All Individuals" - They Chanted in Unison
Wingnut

Vernier thrusters and apogee motors are one of those instances of interchangeable terms in Gundam, like mega particle cannon and mega particle gun.

So it would be best to call the main thrusters on a MS exactly that: main thrusters, and leave the vernier thruster and apogee motor terms for the manuvering thruster units.

Also of note is that while we see the term vernier thrusters used for the manuvering thrusters as well as the main engines, we never see the main thrusters referred to as apogee motors.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.