The GAT-03?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Ravager

If you compare UC to CE, specifically EFSF MS to EAF MS, it reads like this:

RGM-79 GM => GAT-01 Strike Dagger
RGM-179 GM II => GAT-01A1 105 Dagger
RGM-86R GM III => GAT-02L2 Dagger L
RGM-89 Jegan => GAT-04 Windam

Well, this is the most logical, given the timeline progressions
Last edited by Ravager on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantomexe87

I think the Dagger L is more like the GM II, as there really is not noticable difference between it and the GM I, regular dagger. The GM III is a completely different story.
Ravager

Just saying, because the EFSF had three GMs before they started a completely different MP suit which is the Jegan.

Same with the EAF, three Daggers before a completely different MP in the Windam.
Red XIV

Phantomexe87 wrote:I think the Dagger L is more like the GM II, as there really is not noticable difference between it and the GM I, regular dagger. The GM III is a completely different story.
The armament differences and, most importantly, the ability to mount Striker packs amount to a very substantial difference between the Strike Dagger and the Dagger L. Unless you're wanting to equate the 105 Dagger with the basic GM; the differences between the 105 Dagger and the Dagger L are relatively minor.
mcred23

On top of all that, the chart doesn't work because the Federation used four models of the GM series before replacing them with the Jegan (-79 GM, -79C GM Kai, -79R GM II and -86R GM III) and they were (At some times) heavily agumented by other models in a way that the Alliance really couldn't compare to (The GM II was heavily supported by, among other models, the RMS-106 Hi-Zack and RMS-117 Galbaldy Beta).

Basically, once you get past the "GAT-01 Strike Dagger = RGM-79 GM", attempts to compare the two lines break down for a menagerie of reasons.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
razgriz

to be fair i think the strike dagger is a more attractive mp ms. although the gm is well legendary
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Oruma

L wrote:Maybe the proto-windam actually had head designs similar to standard Daggers. Because they didn't think it was good-looking, they then changed it to a better looking head unit. Could there be any possibility that the GAT-03 design was somewhat flawed or deemed not good enough for mass-production? That seemed most sensible to me.
Maybe the Alliance felt that having a near-Gundam head design, plus a name with "Win" (for winning) and "Dam" (for Gundam) would make the Windam less of a cannon fodder. :lol:
Well, "Operation Windam" failed, which...is a shame :lol:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Ragormha

Wasn't Windam the eagle-thing from Magic Knights?
"I don't CARE if the mechanaught can't handle it, I want Wings of Light, the few seconds it'd last and the pilot mortality would be worth it." -me, eXteel closed beta.
Kuruni

Ragormha wrote:Wasn't Windam the eagle-thing from Magic Knights?
Yes, but first thing use that name is mechanic-look capsule monster from Ultraseven (back in 1967).
This is update version from Ultraman Moebius (just finished its run last month)

Note: Consider that Windam is the most helpful of three capsule monsters, name Leo-Rivale as Windam is kind of insult...
My girlfriend was a loli.