Knightmare Dimensions

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Sabersonic

Knightmare Dimensions

Some time ago in the Code Geass thread, I asked if the Knightmare Frames are the smallest cockpit mecha in anime since they're around 4-5 meters in height as per Wikipediahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knightmare ... ian_models and someone stated that they're about the same height as the Votom mecha.

So what I'm asking is does anyone have any statistics such as height and mass on the various Knightmare Frame models seen on Code Geass?
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
Chris
Administrator

Umm, you're looking at the stats right there on Wikipedia, which are taken directly from the official Geass site. And yes, they are about the same size as Armored Troopers, but Knightmare Frames are a bit taller.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Sabersonic

Hn, odd. Even went to that post again, could have sworn the guy said 8 meters tall.
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
Phantomexe87

Maybe I am just so used to Gundam proportions, but I don't see how the Gawain can be that small yet have a two person cockpit.
WingZero20xx

actually i think the gawain is bigger than most standard KFs like the sutherland, guren, gloucester, etc).

as for the controls, i think the controls for KFs might be the most practical. sure they're controlled by foot pedals and joysticks but if you notice on the joysticks there are little gyroscopic spheres in the middle of them. these could be used for more precise and delicate movements

also, u know how in the 2nd opening theme for code geass, when they show the lancelot launch with the air unit on its back...is it just me or does that scene remind me of the aile strike gundam launching from the archangel in the gundam seed 1st opening?
Chris
Administrator

Phantomexe87 wrote:Maybe I am just so used to Gundam proportions, but I don't see how the Gawain can be that small yet have a two person cockpit.
Gawain is the tallest Knightmare Frame at about 6.5 meters, which is almost 20 feet. That's more than enough space for a two person cockpit.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
AmuroNT1

WingZero20xx wrote:also, u know how in the 2nd opening theme for code geass, when they show the lancelot launch with the air unit on its back...is it just me or does that scene remind me of the aile strike gundam launching from the archangel in the gundam seed 1st opening?
A lot of people have commented on this...it's one of the many unfortunate comparisons people draw between Suzaku and Kira.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
WingZero20xx

yeah all the lancelot needs is a himat system and we have another freedom gundam lol
Phantomexe87

I'm curious as to see if the EU or Chinese have Knightmares.
AmuroNT1

The Chinese are shown to have Knightmares in episode 20; the Europeans are said to have been working on them since the Britannians showed their effectiveness in the invasion. I'm willing to bet at least one EU Knightmare shows up in Season 2.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power