Actual Space Missiles?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domtropen

Yes, I mean the size for missile need to go hit enemy UC MS 10-20 km away [OYW era]. You mean sidewinder-size missile? What would the range of small canister-like missiles/grenades used in Z era estimated to be? What for the longer range engaged in Z-era MSs?
Sabersonic

This website might be helpful in discovering what the most effective space missile would be. Atomic Rocket: Space War: Weapons

Though personally I'd think a good general use space warfare based missile, especially if one adds in the ability to change vectors rapidly, would be one that has two ways to kill a target: Kinetic for direct impact, High Explosive for an indirect impact when the target moves out of the way to avoid a direct impact.
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
Xess

domtropen wrote:Yes, I mean the size for missile need to go hit enemy UC MS 10-20 km away [OYW era]. You mean sidewinder-size missile? What would the range of small canister-like missiles/grenades used in Z era estimated to be? What for the longer range engaged in Z-era MSs?
I was thinking more AMRAAM so you could get a bigger rocket motor in there for higher acceleration.
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. - Ballad of Serenity
razgriz

oh yeah definitely make that sucker fast so that the ms doesnt have time to dodge or at least get into a good shielding position.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
domtropen

I think all this depends on the speed of vehicles, bullets and missiles in the space battle. Won't a slight change in direction mean a complete miss in hi speed flight though?

I would agree more with Sabersonic though that there is good possiblilty for missile not to be able to land a direct hit, so some explosives would be nice.