Multiple mono-eyes in X?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Destroy Gundam

Multiple mono-eyes in X?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/ ... bdc5d0.jpg

I was watching an episode recently and I noticed that a Septem had 3 smaller mono-eyes. But shortly after the moment in that screenshot, a normal-sized mono eye activated.

Is there any explanation for the smaller mono-eyes? Or were they there for "dramatic" effect?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Wingnut

I noticed that two. It did that three little ones bit when it was scanning around and happened to find the until that moment unnoticed Freiden. I think this is the only time in the series we see this happen. I don't think it is a Vulture customization either as all of the SRA made MS have the same kind of mono-eye visor.
This was the scene in episode 3 or 4 I think it was when we first see Olba Frost being chased by Vultures while keeping the Ashtaron in MA mode only, thus disguising it's true form.
As for the function of the smaller eyes, I would guess that they are ment for scanning a wider area then would be covered by the single large sensor unit and retract to the sides or into the middle slot when not in use.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

I thought that insted of a conventional single mono eye as on the Zaku..It may have had a digital flys eye style sensor/camera...i.e a compound eye/lens.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick