MAX-03 Adzam and the MSG: Lost War Chronicles Manga

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
minovskycore_0180er
Location: Orb Union - Prototype Astray Spammer Unit Test Pilot

MAX-03 Adzam and the MSG: Lost War Chronicles Manga

In the Lost War Chronicles published by Tokyopop I saw a MA much similiar to the MAX-03 Adzam found in First Gundam. However the one in the Chronicles look far more appealing (probably because of cosmetics) and I'm wondering about something. Since
1. Cmdr. M'Quve MAX-03 Adzam unit was engaged and destoyed by Amuro Rays RX-78-2 Gundam unit and,
2. Because Matt Healy Delta Team was also engaged a similar unit to create a diversion and buy Lt. Matilda escape time and to distract the focus of the enemy towards themselves because of the new RX-79[G]Gundam model and,
3. Since Cmdr. M'Quve's and Ken Benderstandt's Foriegn Legion Unit was not in the vicinty of that area where Lt. Healy deployed his Delta Team to create a deversion with the new RX-79[G] Gundam model so that,
4. A Core Fighter could be delivered by Lt. Matilda and her wing of Meada-class transport aircrafts to Amuro Rays MS Unit at White Base.
5. And since Lt. Matilda was killed by a force of new MS-09 Dom models from Cmdr. M'Quve's Mining camps and,
6. Since in www.mahq.net in the gundam mecha section under First Gundam it states that only one was assigned to the Cmdr. MQuve's / Kycilia Zabi Joint Ground Forces and since Ken Benderstandt was under M'quves command,
7. who and were and what Cmdr. was this Adzam MA unit assigned too?

If Matt Healy destroyed this Adzam unit then Amuro Ray would have had to destroyed a completely different unit. Alos, if an RX-79[G] could oblierate a Adzam in one mass-firing of it's chest vulcan guns, then why would M'Quve send it up against a similar unit. A Gundam face is unmistakable from that of a GM's. It's only logical that Zeon's Earth Recon Force would have monitored Lt. Healy Delta Unit from a safe distance to see how their Adzam performance compares to that of an EFGF prototype MS.
Critic and food for thought
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

" Gundam F91, launching!"- Seabook Arno
Ascension

Ahh, the magic of retcons.

If you want the real-world explanation, the LWC writers just wanted a monster-of-the-week of their own for their own (non-canon) project, and so they borrowed the Adzam, ignoring its uniqueness and everything because they figured no one would care.

If you want an in-universe explanation... I have no clue.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
mcred23

AFAIK, there isn't anything saying M'Quve's Adzam is the only one built. It's very possibile that Zeon built a few of them (They never seem to build just one of anything :roll: ), or that the unit that shows up in LWC has some differences with the one Amuro fought (Although if anything was obvious, I can't recall, as it's been ages since I looked at LWC).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Phantomexe87

Most real military prototypes are built in sets, very rarily do you have one of a kind prototypes, like the YF-23 Black Widow, a prototype fighter, there are only two in the world, but still two. The YF-22, later the F-22 raptor was also made in a set, same for just about all of them. Two's better than one. So for all we known there could be a dozen Adzams, but there was definately more than one.
DeltasTaii

Adzams randomly pop up here and there...F90's RFs for example.

The Ground Type didn't "obliterate" it in one volley either, it hit its random silly weak spot, Death Star style.

That said, LWC doesn't make a lot of canonical sense, not leastly because of the number of standard GMs fighting at Odessa, dropping a Gelgoog on Federation territory (and miraculously picking it up do to an apparent lack of any defences barring one MS team) and randomly giving a Gundam out to some guy.
Captain Anonymous

M'Quve's Adzam is never destroyed by Amuro. In it's one appearence, in episode 17, (18 Japanese version), Amuro damages the Adzam but doesn't destroy it.
From what I recall, the Adzam gets away at the end of the episode, while damaged, it still seemed operable, and likely was repaired.

I was under the impression that Matt Healy's face off with Adzam took place during the events of episode 22 (23 Japanese version), when Matilida was delivering the G-Fighter to the White Base. (Also, based on the fact that Odessa was starting up, along with Revil's supsicions over a spy.)

Thus, I'd say that would give ample time for the Adzam after being damaged by Amuro to possibly be repaired, and sent back out.
Or it could be a different unit.
Cardi Doorl

Phantomexe87 wrote:Most real military prototypes are built in sets, very rarily do you have one of a kind prototypes, like the YF-23 Black Widow, a prototype fighter, there are only two in the world, but still two. The YF-22, later the F-22 raptor was also made in a set, same for just about all of them. Two's better than one. So for all we known there could be a dozen Adzams, but there was definately more than one.
Adding on to that, we do see an Adzam engage the White Dingo team in Rise From the Ashes, though I'm not sure if the events in that game are considered officially canon (though I know most fans consider it as such).
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
mcred23

Yeah, Healy's fight with the Adzam was indeed closer to Odessa, so it is possibile that he fought the same Adzam as Amuro. However, I don't think LWC gives enough information on it's Adzam to allow us to find out if it's that unit or another one...
Cardi wrote:Adding on to that, we do see an Adzam engage the White Dingo team in Rise From the Ashes, though I'm not sure if the events in that game are considered officially canon (though I know most fans consider it as such).
I think thats one of the few games thats usually seen as canon, since events from it are often found on official timelines.

Gelgoog Jager

I have the LWC manga and for one thing I can say that the Adzam there does look quite a bit different, with far more armor on its "legs" and the superior and inferior turrets are identical unlike the ones from the original, so the only chance that it could be the same MA is if they actually had the time to do some rather large refit to the damaged unit.

An advantage of this new model is that the armor of the legs was designed to allow at least Zakus to stand on the end of each leg.
razgriz

you know where else the adzam showed up?

http://www.phnet.fi/public/tt/pictures1 ... roid_1.jpg

on geonosis :lol:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Hey Jeager, do you have a pic you can put on here, I'd like to see how different it is from the original.

@ Razgriz: Hahaha I never looked at that droid like that but they do look similar to eachother
razgriz

yeah now if only the spider droid was fitted with a minovsky lift system and leader weapons maybe the seperatists wouldve won that day :lol:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Gelgoog Jager

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST wrote:Hey Jeager, do you have a pic you can put on here, I'd like to see how different it is from the original.
Sorry, but my scanner broke down a while back and I haven't replaced it yet. I will scan it for you when I get a chance somewhere else. But let me at least describe it to you:

-As I mentioned all 8 turrets are of the same type that the original Adzam had on its lower body, the spherical ones instead of the block-like ones from the top.

-The legs are the greatest change, the whole top part is now covered with a dome like armor that extends from the body all the way to the end of the leg, covering both the rotors as well as the exhaust ducts at the end of the legs.

-Seen from directly below the legs do look pretty much the same.

-At the end of the dome like armor of each leg there are four vertical handles which are meant for MS (Zakus in this case) to use, while they can put one of their feet on a flat surface at the lower end of the dome armor, which covers the piston that the Adzam has as landing gear.

Other than these changes, it seems to be the same everwhere else.

I hope this helps.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Oh wow so it takes on the role of transport as well and the extra topside armor could be to give extra protection from air attacks, it would be advantageous for a military attack if you could fly in all your ground troops and artillery all in one neat little package.
minovskycore_0180er
Location: Orb Union - Prototype Astray Spammer Unit Test Pilot

Thanks for the clarifications.
However there a problem. In the LWC the Adzam was completely obliterated. If you saw the page animation in the manga the blast literally destroyed the RX-79[G]'s left shoulder actuator and what was once Anish's useless RGM-79[G] Land-Warfare Type GM was carried by the Gundams only good arm and the only thing behind them was a huge fireball and mass of wreakage that was once an Adzam.

Even Larry that that Lt. Healy was dead for a second as he screamed out "Captain". Even so if they repaired it, Lt. Healy caused damage on a catastrophric level to the Adzam. Lt. Matilda didn't reach White Base unitl later that day at dusk. I highly doubt that Amuro faced the same Adzam as Healy did.

Their is no way Zeon could repair a machine of that size, make, and model (taking into account that it is not a MS but a large MA) and have it up and combat ready in only half a day. Lt. Healy blasted that particular Adzam unit into an oblivion. Cmdr. M'Quve was in charge of the Odessa vicinty of Zeon held earth territory and MAHQ states only one Adzam was assigned to his forces.

Wait....

didn't Lt. Ken Bederstandt. in Vol. II state that another Zeon Cmdr. fled to space as Cmdr. M'Quve stayed behind to lead his men who retreated from Odessa.

This other Adzam unit engaged by Lt. Healy's Delta Unit; is it possible that two units were assigned to Odessa and that the unit Lt. Healy engaged was the unit was placed in the appointment of the other Cmdr. of Odessa whom fled into space and Amuro Ray engaged the Adzam placed inside of M'Quve's command.

If so MAHQ is correct within a techincality. That (1) being that Amuro Ray did in fact face Cmdr. M'Quve's Adzam and that (2) Lt. Healy did faced and destroyed a different Adzam unit; because (3) it was the other unit placed inside of the other Cmdr.'s jurisdiction.

Critic

Critic anyone
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

" Gundam F91, launching!"- Seabook Arno
mcred23

I think you have things a bit backwards...

If I'm reading that right, you think Healy faced the Adzam first, then Amuro. However, as we pointed out earlier in the thread, Amuro fought his Adzam at an earlier date (October 13th going by the Ultimate Mark timeline), while Healy and his crew didn't face their Adzam until closer to Operation Odessa, which was started on November 7th. Going by the comments in LWC (I pulled it out to check), this battle happens around the time Matilda and her unit went out to White Base, which means Delta Team encountered the Adzam in early November.

The idea, since Amuro didn't destroy the Adzam he fought, was after it's battle with him, the Adzam was repaired (With assorted changes and upgrades and whatnot made to it) so it's sent into battle againat the Healy team a few weeks later (and destroyed).

However, as it's been pointed out a few times, that's merely a guess on our part, as we really have nothing to prove it's the same Adzam that Amuro fought (Having been repaired/modified) and we have nothing to prove it isn't...