Nu Gundam Incoms V Funnels

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
HalfDemonInuyasha

I don't recall any Mobile Suit having more than 2 incoms...all the ones I do know of only had 2. Doven Wolf, Gundam Mark V, Ex-S Gundam, etc.

In terms of the V Gundam incom stuff, the wire-guided stuff (like the Contio and Rig Contio) could also simply be similar to the Zeon remnant Stutzer units, which also used wire-controlled winch units, but also were not psycommu-controlled at all. Merely requiring precision piloting and skills.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Kamille! Kamille!

AmuroNT1 wrote:Technically, there aren't any incoms in V Gundam. However, several Zanscare MS such as the Rig Contio make use of wire-guided quasi-psycommu weapons. Of course, they might be full-fledged psycommu weapons; V isn't exactly my area of expertise.
They're not full-fledged psycommu weapons. None of the pilots Uso fought against in Contios or Rig Contios were Newtypes. Their weapons are much like the wire-guided ones the Neue Ziel uses. But they're as close as one gets to using an incom in V, since, as wza said, the Gengaozo's system was a true Newtype weapon.
EZero8

For incoms, I doubt it would be more than two. Its pretty much the standard layout.

In a way, I think having more than two incoms would be too strenuous for the Oldtype pilot to control. But then again, I'm not too sure on how the half-control/quasi-psycommu system works, so it's only a guess.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
HalfDemonInuyasha

I would hazard to guess that perhaps, if not too strenuous, then maybe it could be to prevent any sort of mass entanglement on the Mobile Suit itself?

Even the Zeong only had 2 wire-guided weapons (its hands), even though it was a fully psycommu-equipped unit.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention the Psyco Gundam Mark II also only had 2 wire-guided units with its arms.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Nightwing03

This post has nothing to do with the actual subject, i just wanted to tell you to resize your avatar to 80x80, yours measures to 98x100.
♣♦♠♥
razgriz

wow how hilarious would that look having an ms tied up in its own wire-guidedness. i wonder if it would be possible to grab a remote arm while its being tossed out there. obviously it would take a lot of agility and quickness on the ms part but i could see it being done. maybe grab the zeong's fist and tuck it under your arm and fly at it and make it punch itself. :lol:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Ryujin

Re: reply

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote:I don't recall any Mobile Suit having more than 2 incoms...all the ones I do know of only had 2. Doven Wolf, Gundam Mark V, Ex-S Gundam, etc.
Everyone missed the third, beam-firing Incom in the Ex-S Gundam's head.

IIRC, the incoms in Gundam Sentinel seem to be limited in the number of times that they can make a sharp change in direction. There seemed to be physical joints along the control wire that permitted them to do this.
Last edited by Ryujin on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalfDemonInuyasha

razgriz wrote:wow how hilarious would that look having an ms tied up in its own wire-guidedness. i wonder if it would be possible to grab a remote arm while its being tossed out there. obviously it would take a lot of agility and quickness on the ms part but i could see it being done. maybe grab the zeong's fist and tuck it under your arm and fly at it and make it punch itself. :lol:
While not exactly done in the way you described, Hathaway DID grab the Alpha Azieru's remaining mega arm to keep Quess from shooting at Chan (pointing it away and such)....that's another one with wire-guided weaponry at 2.

If the Dendrobium hadn't shot the wire off of the claw of the Neue Ziel (and if the I-Field didn't get ripped off anyways), it's possible that it could've pulled it a bit, but with the Neue Ziel most likely pulling the opposite direction, the wire would probably snap anyways.

Almost forgot that there is one wire-guided weapon that had more than 2 and that would be the Braw Bro (only 3, lol)
DropDeadEd

I've only seen INCOMS used in an extremely effective way when used in mid-range fighting.
Ryujin

Re: reply

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote: Almost forgot that there is one wire-guided weapon that had more than 2 and that would be the Braw Bro (only 3, lol)
Braw Bro had four wire-guided weapons and the Ex-S had three incoms.
razgriz

anyone know or guesstimate how long the typical wire is for a wire guided weapon such as the arms on the neu ziel? obviously they are sometimes animated to be dramatically long like the goufs heat rod but what do u think its a good length? maybe 3000ft?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
HalfDemonInuyasha

It would probably depend on how thick the wiring is and exactly how much space there is in the area where that wire is kept I would guess.