A VSBR question

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
HalfDemonInuyasha

A VSBR question

Simply put...

Is it known how focused a VSBR can made when the Mega Particles are sped up or how powerful it can become when slowed down???

Like...when focused, is it supposed to be like...say...the RGM-79(G) GM Sniper's beam sniper rifle (with how it was able to just easily shred through the Apsalus's armor) and when spread out more like a mega beam rifle or something??? (not as wickedly powerful, but still strong)
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Hyakushiki

I'd assume it could be made narrow for precision shooting, but would it have the reach of a beam sniper rifle? It's hard to say but considering that they're
hip-mounted they wouldn't be too accurate at long range.
Last edited by Hyakushiki on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
latenlazy

It's probably got something to do with the amount of force delivered per area (aka pressure). I'd imagine the more focused a beam is (ie. more force per area), the greater its penetration power and the greater chance the beam has of overwhelming a beam shield (in that specific area).
zechsbidan

^ i agree

i agree with the above. it's about energy per area.
(lower area + higher energy, mass or driving force(as can be seen by the penatration of the impulse's excaliber through the freedom) = high penatration.)

are you asking how this works, or to what extent...?
as to how-- i'm going to assume it works like a garden hose, to some extent
let me explain--
a gargen hose alone, cranked all the way up, doesn't have much push behind it. no doubt, it's a decent amount, but the pressure is countered by the high volume output. now, when you attach a nozzle to it, and concentrate the stream, output is still close to the same, but because of the pressure buildup from the source, the stream has far greater penatrative abilities
take for example the hose pointed at sand. when you have no nozzle, the destructive capacity is (relatively) high. when you point it at the sand, it will move around all over the place a large area of the sand. however, depth penatration is low. but with the nozzle, it's high.

hope that terrible analogy helped at all, if that was your question.
"whether you kill or get killed, it's just another way to kill time." --Zaraki Kenpachi
"behind every great man is a great woman. behind her is his wife." --Groucho Marx
Cardi Doorl

I don't think it was his question; he didn't seem to be asking why the narrow shots penetrate better, but rather he wanted to know if there was any information ragarding how narrow it can become. Like, the extent to which it can be narrowed. I wouldn't know, and somehow doubt there's information regarding that... :(
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
zechsbidan

i dunno...

i'd say in that case, maybe, watch the show? :P
"whether you kill or get killed, it's just another way to kill time." --Zaraki Kenpachi
"behind every great man is a great woman. behind her is his wife." --Groucho Marx