Normal Suits in MS IgLoo

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
J-Lead

Normal Suits in MS IgLoo

While watching MS IgLoo, something has caught my attention; the normal suits used by the 603rd Experimental Corps are radically different from the standard normal suits commonly used by Zeon forces. Is there a reason for this, perhaps them being are specially designed for test pilots in case of an unpredicted event or emergency, or is it just the series generalized interpretation of the Zeon normal suit?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Could be an older model, short supply of the standard type maybe?
mcred23

They seem to be the standard Zeon normal suits, which first showed up in 0083. I don't recall anyone in IGLOO having the iconic Zeon pilot suit that is shown in most of the anime shows (Such as MSG, Zeta and most of the OVA's).

As for why they did this... you'd have to ask the people who made MS IGLOO...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Commander 598

I look at the IGLOO pilot suits as a retconning. As for the normal suits, they're just basic space suits. They all look alike.
Random Zaku Pilot

Well the suits look different because of the time the shows was made now with better technology we can make a zaku look real. But if you mean the high mobility Gelgoog i thing Herbert Von Kuspen one is just darker grey with a shield and commander antenna. Also the igloo high mobility units look different cause of time there were drawn but the rick doms look the same
Meh
Cardi Doorl

He's talking about normal suits, not mobile suits...
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
J-Lead

Random Zaku Pilot wrote:Well the suits look different because of the time the shows was made now with better technology we can make a zaku look real. But if you mean the high mobility Gelgoog i thing Herbert Von Kuspen one is just darker grey with a shield and commander antenna. Also the igloo high mobility units look different cause of time there were drawn but the rick doms look the same
Normal suit = pilot suit
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Chris
Administrator

J-Lead wrote:Normal suit = pilot suit
That's not entirely correct. Gundam does make distinctions between pilot suits and normal suits (spacesuits) worn by ship crews of White Base, Argama, etc during battle.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Wingnut

Indeed. Normal suits look much like the space suits in use today, while pilot suits are more form fitting to allow a pilot freedom of movement inside the cockpit.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Ryujin

This, aka the Mechanical Counter-pressure Suit, is the real-life basis of the pilot suit, while, as Wingnut notes, normal suits are more an updated version of the pressurised space suits in use today.

Pros & cons in the link, and NASA seems to be all conservative again by sticking to the usual pressure suits for now.