Vanguard Ship sizes

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Chavelo

Thank you Mark. Once again, you save the day with that awesome wealth of info you have stored. XD

Thanks to everyone else for helping as well. ;p

But man I wish I knew how many suits that big ship in the chart holds.
Wingnut

mcred23 wrote:
Mwulf wrote:Probably, though not by very much. While the new suits are smaller, they're not ~that~ much smaller. The smaller MS are about 75% the size of the older MS, so a Musai that could hold 5 Zakus, for example, could theoretically hold 6 smaller suits.

A carrier that could hold 20 older suits could then theoretically hold 26 smaller suits... though I'm not aware of many (any, off the top of my head) ships with that much capacity.
Theoretically, but I doubt ships would carry more than one or two of the smaller MS, if any extra MS at all (Unless they get some renovations to the interal layouts of the ships to better suit mini-MS).
Zeonic Glory wrote:The Dolos class holds even more units.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msgundam/dolos.htm

Thats 182 old generation units. It could hold alot of new gen mobile suits.

Yeah, but neither Dolos class ship survived the One Year War. Big ships with large numbers of MS such as the Dolos class or Dogosse Gier are very rare, with few ships getting more than 20 or so MS on board.
I happened to come across this image again and it shows the interior of a Dolos class so you can guess how many smaller suits it may or may not carry. BTW, those suits in the Dolos are Zaku IIs.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Phantomexe87

Does anyone know of the CV ships are capable of re-entry like most later UC ships?
Zeonic Glory

Ummm... Wingnut, that link you just gave leads to the Dolos class profile. It does not lead to one of the 2 Dolos class ships of the line.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Wingnut

Zeonic Glory wrote:Ummm... Wingnut, that link you just gave leads to the Dolos class profile. It does not lead to one of the 2 Dolos class ships of the line.
Explain. The quoted link does that, but you missed the new pic I posted. Also AFAIK both are the same inside anyway. We have no reason to believe otherwise.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zeonic Glory

Oh, wait a minute. I think I accidentally clicked on the MAHQ link I posted. Nevermind, your link does indeed show the interior of the Dolos. Also, I didn't say the 2 Dolos class ships were different on the inside. The launch method seems funny in the picture. It looks like a Zaku is rolling out of the ship :lol: .
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Mark064

The thing is you can't really get a clear comparison of how many more smaller suits a ship can carry. And since each MS isn't standing on each others shoulders it's not exactly helping. I'm not sure of the drop in width but that is really the main comparison that is required. Most ships to be fitted to hold more would probably require a refitting of the MS deck if there is any substantial drop in height. Well I suppose if your MS deck is enough layers then you could lower each one a bit and eventually fit a whole new one but that is just silly.
Mwulf

As I look at my 1/400 ZZ and compare it to what I know the 1/100 ZZ to look like compared to the 1/100 RX-78-2 (thanks to Dalong's nifty size comparisons) and THEN look to the 1/400 Quin Mantha... the thing is bloody huge. I don't think any warship would have the capacity to carry a mobile suit of that size... it's just rather strange... it seems to be nearly as tall as the Psycos.

And let's not forget the weirdness in the middle of U.C. with MS getting bigger and bigger. Nu was bigger than ZZ was bigger than Z was bigger than G. It's really weird to see a 1/200 scale Sazabi being slightly taller than a 1/100 scale F91. :shock:
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Sabersonic

I have a few questions regarding the Crossbone Vanguard ships, and possibly other ships of the UC saga now that I think about it:

1) What would be the mass of each class of these ships?

2) What would be the minimum and maximum personnel on board each class of these ships?

And one on the diagram for the Dolos class, there is something puzzling on the layout of the diagrams.

In the diagrams of the upper portion of the picture, it shows what appear to be Zaku IIs lying in those storage cells/hangars/whatever with their heads pointed towards the bow/fore direction of the carrier and facing the center of the carrier.

However in the graphic picture displaying the deployment of the mobile suits, only one of these hangar/storage cells are positioned in what I had described previously. All the other hangar/storage cells have their mobile suits having the orientation of the dorsal direction being the floor. Is there a slight error in either diagrams or am I just over analyzing the picture too much?
Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

"If I had seen farther than others, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Issac Newton
razgriz

the dolos definitely has an interesting if not space sensitive design (hangar space not outer space space) i'm just wondering how long it would take to launch all 180+ suits with those 6 catapults. also are there auxilliary hatches to launch mobile suits zanzibar style should a catapult or catapults get knocked out of commision?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Draco Starcloud

Supposedly the Doros takes over 20 minutes to launch all of its Mobile Suits due to inadequete numbers of launch catapults.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
razgriz

uhoh more than enough time to have enemy ships and ms surround that big mother and start blasting some "auxilliary" exits.
(setsuna giggling)
toysdream

Draco Starcloud wrote:Supposedly the Doros takes over 20 minutes to launch all of its Mobile Suits due to inadequete numbers of launch catapults.
I don't think this is true. This is never mentioned as a shortcoming in any of the Japanese sources, and when the Dolos deploys its mobile suits in the animation, it does so with astonishing speed.

-- Mark
razgriz

by comparison a modern nimitz class carrier can launch one aircraft every 20 sec or so on its cats multiplied by 4 cats with about 90 aircraft carry that over to the dolos which has 6 cats double the number of ms, no wind or sea resistance that equals about a total inventory launch time of ummm. :? i suck at math but i'm sure its pretty fast.
(setsuna giggling)
OrionsGambit

Dolos has seven catapults not six.

And if I did my math right, it would take about 8 and a half minutes to launch all its MS compliment.