Hyaku Shiki and Proto Zeta

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Melchior

I don't see how the Penelope would fit in, so I'd have to say the new MS for Unicorn, the Rezel, which is suppose to be an evolution of the ReGZ.
domtropen

If the event in Gundam Graphica can be counted and not contradicted elsewhere it seems that Zeta itself [not the one destroyed in ZZ] is still in used in 0097. How many Zeta is builded?
razgriz

sorry i was just thinking of bad*** transforming mobile suits and the penelope came to the front of my mind. rezel? thats new to me, any pics yet?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Mark064

domtropen wrote:If the event in Gundam Graphica can be counted and not contradicted elsewhere it seems that Zeta itself [not the one destroyed in ZZ] is still in used in 0097. How many Zeta is builded?
Should be at least 5 including that unit.

MSZ-006(-1) Camille's Zeta
MSZ-006-2
MSZ-006-3/MSZ-006-3A Amuro's Zeta
MSZ-006-3B Gray Zeta
MSZ-006-P2/3C Red Zeta
(MSZ-006-? Johnny's Zeta)

A MSZ-006-2 appeared on the cover of the Zeta Gundam Film Digest which was a red unit. Since the Red Zeta is floating by the Ahgama with -1 and -3 we can probably assume the artist was going for Camille, Quattro and Amuro all in Zetas. But it's thus far the only existance for a -2 unit. From what I'm gathering on the Japanese Wiki it seems that the Red Zeta and Johnny's Zeta might infact be the same unit. At least they seem to be saying the Johnny's are the same, something about medification to enhance Newtype abilities and not being able to pilot during the Evolve. But the whole thing is at least categorized under that. So I'm not too sure. It does seem odd they'd build a new Zeta 10 years later...
Phantomexe87

Is it possible they just built a new up to date Zeta? The Zeon Mars did that with all their MS, so it's not unheard of.
Mark064

Yeah but AE is using this Zeta and not the Earth the Federation or anyone else. From what I gathered from the story they are testing out other external equipment mounted on the Zeta before they are attacked.
DeltasTaii

It's well documented the P2/3C was built for Johnny, then passed down to the girl in Evolve 9 when he couldn't pilot it for whatever reason.

I think Camille's Zeta is a 006-3 too, oddly enough. It seems to represent the final combat spec of the machine, since all 3 Evolve units are 006-3s.
Mark064

DeltasTaii wrote:It's well documented the P2/3C was built for Johnny, then passed down to the girl in Evolve 9 when he couldn't pilot it for whatever reason.
When I say Johnny's Zeta I mean the Johnny that is chronicled in the MS Graphica story, who seems to be the exact same person.
I think Camille's Zeta is a 006-3 too, oddly enough. It seems to represent the final combat spec of the machine, since all 3 Evolve units are 006-3s.
That's not the case. From what I seem to be reading the main thing with the -3 is the fact that it has more stuff added for atmospheric combat. Which is lacking in Camille's.
J-Lead

I've found an image on Ninjascience's Flicker photostream that I am almost positive is the Delta Gundam in it's MS mode.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninjascience/389142621/
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Mark064

Yes that'd be the Delta Gundam is MS mode from MS Graphica.
nacho-wan

I just have to say THANK YOu for this wonderful thread. Now, for my little grain of salt: what would happend with this development history if Fujita had been able to pull his stunt of doing the Zeta Gundam as the Hyper Zeta Gundam -the Zeta that looks more similar to the Methuss that the Hyaku Shiki <http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/index.htm>.

Now, speaking of the Methuss, where does it fit on the discussion? If I guess correctly, this one rolled before the Hyaku Shiki but it had more of a MA transformation that could have ever been achieved by the MSN-100. This seems to indicate that Hyaku Shiki's transformation concept was removed from development early enough or both projects attempted transformation on two different basis: Methuss MA to MS // Hyaku Shiki MS to MA
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Hyakushiki

Are you speaking of the ZII design? Well since the suit was never built it's hard to speculate and probably a road best not traveled. As for your second question, the Methuss came after the Hyaku Shiki. It was developed as a testbed when problems arose in the HS own transformation system and engineers needed more hard data to study so chose a simplified platform. In the mean time Anaheim engineers chose to refit the Hyaku Shiki into a high performance type machine and remove it's transformation feature.
Last edited by Hyakushiki on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
nacho-wan

My apologies I pasted the wrong link. This is the correct one: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/fujita/msz-006.htm As you can see this Zeta has a more bulky appereance, very dissimilar to the Hiakushiki but closer to the Methuss.

Regarding the Methuss affair, I suppose this was built way before the RX-78 data came in? Otherwise it would be another prototype Zeta
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Hyakushiki

I see what you mean, as stated earlier in this thread though, the Hyaku Shiki and Zeta are separate, competing in-house projects at Anaheim Electronics so they were never meant resemble each other anyway. The Methuss itself is not direct predecessor nor descendant of the Proto Zeta merely a testbed for
transformable mobile suits. I not sure what you mean by your comment on the RX-78 data since it would have little value for the Zeta project as a whole. All three machines were under development before data on the Movable Frame from the Gundam Mk.II was obtained however and that, along with Kamille's data was instrumental in getting the Zeta Gundam off the ground.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Deus EpS Machina

Methus cam well before the Zeta Gundam Prototypes and the Delta from my research.

As i found it, the Methuss' sole purpose was to perfect a transformation sequence whose resulting data would go into the Zeta Gundam Prototypes. This had happened. However, the Methuss' transformation was extremely simple making it very cheap. This sorta lead to the ZII where Anaheim tried to replicate a cheaper successor to the Zeta Gundam. However, like all of AE's attampts to properly make a cheap, MP version of the Zeta...it failed cuz the Zeta Gundam is simply too expensive to MP.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... ta_Sup.jpg

Take a look where the Methuss comes in...well before the Proto Zetas.
And in terms of the Proto Zetas and the TMS features...they worked perfectly...but personally i would consider them failed projects cuz even though the transformations were flawless, the frame experienced too much fatigue and stress meaning eventually, the whole frame woulda been shot to hell.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
toysdream

Deus EpS Machina wrote:And in terms of the Proto Zetas and the TMS features...they worked perfectly...but personally i would consider them failed projects cuz even though the transformations were flawless, the frame experienced too much fatigue and stress meaning eventually, the whole frame woulda been shot to hell.
The Proto Zeta didn't transform. We've been over this already.

As for which came first, the Hyaku Shiki or the Methuss, the Japanese sources seem to disagree. The Methuss seems to have been a "proof of concept" machine to test transformation mechanisms, rather than a prototype for the Delta or Zeta Gundams specifically, so probably it could have shown up at any point in the process.

-- Mark
Deus EpS Machina

ugh, i keep mixing up the Delta and the Proto Zetas -__-
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
nacho-wan

Hyakushiki wrote:... I not sure what you mean by your comment on the RX-78 data since it would have little value for the Zeta project as a whole. All three machines were under development before data on the Movable Frame from the Gundam Mk.II was obtained however and that, along with Kamille's data was instrumental in getting the Zeta Gundam off the ground.
Gee I should check my keyboard (or my posts before hitting summit) because I swear I wrote RX-178 -the Gundam Mark II-.

Now Mark's comment on the placement of the Methuss in the timeline actually throw me off. I thought it was related to the Delta Project -or at the most a brigde proof-of-concept betwwen the two initiatives. But then you can scratch that last thought since it doesn't have much sense anyway althought it could be kind of interesting yet twisted possibility :)
Deus EpS Machina wrote:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... ta_Sup.jpg

Take a look where the Methuss comes in...well before the Proto Zetas.
And in terms of the Proto Zetas and the TMS features...they worked perfectly...but personally i would consider them failed projects cuz even though the transformations were flawless, the frame experienced too much fatigue and stress meaning eventually, the whole frame woulda been shot to hell.
Now that one twisted family tree, so big I almost can't trace it on my monitor. Now it just me or there is line pointing form the Mark II to the Rick Dias? I must misunderstood the diagram because the Rick Dias was fielded way before the Roll-out of the Titan's Black Gundam
-Henry I. Miller
knighief