What were the Gundams from Wing, 00, and IBO?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SonicSP

Re: What were the Gundams from Wing, 00, and IBO?

That's actually a pretty good detailed elaboration on the subject. Looks very interesting.
Seto Kaiba wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:52 pmCustomization refers to replacement of stock parts with non-standard or non-production hardware that either improves the unit's performance or adds new capabilities that it was not originally designed with.
If we take this definition and apply it to the IBO Gundams, it does seem to heavily imply that the pilots are given a degree to modify their Gundams.

The Gundam Frames were already produced from the start to fight mobile armors, so if they had to take that base and then customize it further, it seems likely that it had to be for specific pilots and/or situations. Especially with that line about the Gundam Frames being something that "emphasizes the personality of the pilot" and such.

This is also in addition to the idea that we can safely presume at this point that each Gundam's external armor parts are mainly individualized to each frame based on the the designs we've seen. This is of course assuming all of them were using their original parts from when they were made (minus Gusion since we know that none of it's current known forms are original). I think the only one we know are still using their Calamity War designs are Asteroth Origin, Barbatos Form 4, Flauros and maaaaaybe Kimaris Vidar.
Kuruni

I'm pretty sure that while we known what Astaroth Origin look like, it's never used in the manga. After beating Vual, they get most parts back but it's not complete, and then Astaroth got upgraded to Astaroth Rinascimento instead.

Dantalion and Gremory, however, are likely close to their original forms.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Seto Kaiba

SonicSP wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:58 pm The Gundam Frames were already produced from the start to fight mobile armors, so if they had to take that base and then customize it further, it seems likely that it had to be for specific pilots and/or situations. Especially with that line about the Gundam Frames being something that "emphasizes the personality of the pilot" and such.
Yeah, that bit about emphasizing the personality of the pilot definitely screams "ace custom". Fitting, given that the Gundam pilots in the nascent Gjallarhorn were supposed to be the 72 baddest dudes selected to be humanity's biggest stick in the war with the rogue mobile armors.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Kuruni

Seto Kaiba wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:50 pm [...]72 baddest dudes
I refuse (until proven) to accept that Gremory ever has male pilot, it's blasphemy. :mrgreen: When there're only 2 ladies out of 72 and the other one is a mermaid, assign it to a man is just wrong :wink: .
My girlfriend was a loli.