General Size of the CB Container and Assault Container

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Deathzealot

General Size of the CB Container and Assault Container

Over the last few months, I have been working on a Gundam 00 Fanfiction and I have been wondering if anyone had a solid figure on the size of the Celestial Being Container (aka the Hanger-Like Add-Ons to the Ptolemy) and the Assault Container. I have guessed the Container around 25 to 30 meters in length with the Assault Container just a bit larger but I recently rewatched the series and noticed the Container does seem a bit larger than that. We know that the Ptolemy is just over two hundred meters in length, therefore, can be quite easy to estimate the Container's size.
Dark Duel

Re: General Size of the CB Container and Assault Container

I'd say you can at least double that size.

Now then. Let's do some back-of-the-envelope number crunching. We know the overall length of the Ptolemaios is exactly 251m. Eyeballing it based on every decent image I could find, the Assault Container's length accounts for slightly less than 30% of that length...If you twist my arm, I'd call it something on the order of 27-28%, I'd say. That puts it at an approximate length of 68 to 70 meters.

As for the Assault Container, factoring in that it has to accomodate the GN Arms as well as the Gundam I'd say it's about 10-15% longer than the regular container, so somewhere between 75-80 meters long.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Hmmm... thanks for the input Dark Duel. Then what would you say the length of the Lab Transport then? 70 Meters Long or would be larger then that?

Also. Would you be interested to read it if I posted this mentioned the story here at MechaTalk?
Dark Duel

Hmm...the Lab Transport seems to use a version of the original Ptolemy's standard containers, but the propulsion units in the back resemble the Assault Container's, and as a result it seems to be very slightly longer.
I would say its length would fall roughly in between the two - If we assume the standard container is 70m and the Assault Container 80m, then I would put the Lab Transport at roughly 75m long.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."