Does the destiny silhouette use Voiture Lumiere System?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Melandraco

Does the destiny silhouette use Voiture Lumiere System?

I can’t really find anywhere that states the destiny silhouette uses the Voiture Lumiere system, but it apparently uses “a new propulsion system”. Anyone knows what this propulsion system is?
hitokirigarou

Re: Does the destiny silhouette use Voiture Lumiere System?

I think the Master Grade kit manual reveals that it has the Voiture Lumiere system. The "new propulsion system" thing may be its Voiture Lumiere system working in conjunction with its Mirage Colloid system. I may be wrong, though.
E08

Destiny silhouette is used by Destiny Impulse, not Destiny Gundam. Also, Destiny Impulse has no official MG kit.
Dark Duel

The original doesn't, but IIRC wasn't there a MG kit released of a Destiny Impulse variant from some other side story or something? I seem to recall there was, and it looked nearly identical to the original MSV except it used the same wings as Destiny Gundam rather than the MSV version's bulkier ones. Oh, and it also lacked the swords.
Anyway, I always assumed Destiny Impulse did use an early version of Destiny's VL, mainly because my understanding of it was that the Destiny Silhouette was essentially a prototype of the armaments and equipment that ended up being used for Destiny itself
Last edited by Dark Duel on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
hitokirigarou

Ignore my previous post. Had a brain fart and didn't notice the "silhouette" part.

In a G Generation game, the Destiny Impulse Gundam is shown having the Wings of Light (for the Destiny Gundam, this is generated by its Voiture Lumiere system). Its canonicity is debatable, though.
JEFFPIATT

it had the system installed as the Destiny was originally planned as the Impluse's version of the P202QX Integrated Weapons Striker Pack. it became a seprate unit because the Voiture Lumiere system depleted the battery faster causeing it to become an new suit.
Seto Kaiba

Melandraco wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:26 pm I can’t really find anywhere that states the destiny silhouette uses the Voiture Lumiere system, but it apparently uses “a new propulsion system”. Anyone knows what this propulsion system is?
The Japanese Wiki asserts it is a Voiture Lumiere system, citing Gundam Perfect File 64 as the source.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
E08

JEFFPIATT wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am it had the system installed as the Destiny was originally planned as the Impluse's version of the P202QX Integrated Weapons Striker Pack. it became a seprate unit because the Voiture Lumiere system depleted the battery faster causeing it to become an new suit.
According to this , Destiny Silhoutte/Destiny Impulse's energy issue was caused by having too much energy consuming weaponry.
BrentD15

E08 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:11 am
JEFFPIATT wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am it had the system installed as the Destiny was originally planned as the Impluse's version of the P202QX Integrated Weapons Striker Pack. it became a seprate unit because the Voiture Lumiere system depleted the battery faster causeing it to become an new suit.
According to this , Destiny Silhoutte/Destiny Impulse's energy issue was caused by having too much energy consuming weaponry.
Yeah, the VL system does put a strain on energy for other weapons systems.
Heck, during the original SEED Destiny airing (NOT Destiny Remastered), Shinn had to retreat from a battle due to running low on power after using the VL system for an extended period of time.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
E08

BrentD15 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 amHeck, during the original SEED Destiny airing (NOT Destiny Remastered), Shinn had to retreat from a battle due to running low on power after using the VL system for an extended period of time.
That's just a fan theory, AFAIK, there is no official word on what caused the low power situation, and may never will. Even the official Japanese Seed Destiny website could only offer speculation on what caused the event.