Dijeh ground only MS?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
yazi88

Dijeh ground only MS?

Since the reveal of the new Gundam Manga MOON GUNDAM, it shows Amuro piloting a Djieh painted like his supposed Zeta Plus A1, but this is a manga where the author usually do their own thing with mobile suits outside of the anime logic, but this is the 1st time I've seen the Dijeh in space (outside of Build Fighters which doesn't count) while in most other materials its considered a ground only unit, is there a reason why? I haven't really seen any info about the Dijeh being ground only, it doesn't have a HG kit, only a ME-100 and a old 1/144 non grade kit from a LONG time ago...
AmuroNT1

Re: Dijeh ground only MS?

All I can say is, in video games that actually keep track of that sort of thing (like G Generation) the Dijeh has always been ground only.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
MythSearcher

Dijeh is supposed to be the ground version of Rick Dias.
According to Gundam Encyclopeadia Ver. 1.5, it is actually modified from the Rick Dias left on Earth by AEUG, they kept the frame and avionics while ditching the Space equipments.
So it shouldn't be able to work in space unless they reequipped it with the space equipment.
BrentD15

I distinctly remember seeing the Dijeh on A Baoa Qu in Gundam vs Zeta Gundam. :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
yazi88

Gundam vs Zeta Gundam had some odd things in there especially with CPU allies, cause there is a what if stage with Four in a Psycho Gundam in a space mission (Granada I think?) despite the Psycho Gundam being a ground only unit in the game.
bilbros

Yes, as far as can be ascertained the "normal" MSK-008 has always been a ground only mobile suit - after all, Karaba, i.e. the group for whch it was developed, operates only on Earth.
Nevertheless, some modified space variants have appeared here and there, starting from the one depicted in the Kazumi Fujita's manga Iron Heart (B-Club 7, May 1986).
Another modified space use unit - featuring the grye binders of the RMS-099B, as well as arms and shield from the AMS-119 - is the one used by Char as an early psychoframe test model in the most recent chapters of Ark Performance's MSV-R: The Return of Johnny Ridden.
And if you look carefully you'll see that the orange-and-white Dijeh piloted by Amuro in the opening pages of Moon Gundam is not a standard version: besides a different shoulder shield, it clearly shows the "random binders" of the RMS-099.