How fast can the Newtype brainwave be?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Phonix_1

Re: How fast can the Newtype brainwave be?

MythSearcher wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:52 am And I have trouble understanding why wired ones cannot be used as all range attack. In reality, you really cannot see the wire that thin from a certain distance away. They are just connected, and only have a slight drag from the wire because of inertia of the wire, but apart from that, they are pretty much the same as unwired models. The range isn't really a big problem as well, a micro-satellite of about 45cmX45cmX45cm can already house well over 20km of tether in it. You can likely house over 1000km of wire in a MS for 8 bits without it being a major load of it.(granted at that length, propellant transmission will not be effective)
Can a tether that thin survive from the force exert on it in combat situation? Microsats release the tether just for experiments, electrodynamic test or something, not that brutal comparing to combat maneuvers.

If the wired bits are deployed to the max distance you said, like hundreds to a thousand km, would it be very difficult or time-wasting to retrieve them by wire?
HalfDemonInuyasha

Dark Duel wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:31 am Speaking of which, was there ever an in-universe established reason for why the remote weapons of OYW-era Newtype-use machines such as the Braw Bro and Zeong were wire-guided rather than controlled wirelessly via the psycommu system like the Elmeth's Bits or the Funnels of the Qubeley and subsequent units?

Personally I'd assumed one of two possible reasons:
1. The technology is not yet fully mature, either in terms of the guidance systems(unlikely given the concurrent Elmeth) or power supply(in which case the wires not only serve to guide them but also to connect them to the main unit's powerplant)
2. The wires are there as a redundant backup/safety measure to facilitate guidance/retrieval, but not actually necessary(similarly to the CE's Dreadnought Gundam, whose DRAGOONs are wired to the backpack, but which are fully capable of operating wirelessly)
Mind you I'm going off memory here and haven't seen the series in uears, nor really read much into it yet. Just thought I would ask.
I wouldn't be surprised if Zeon could also have been possibly considering trying to implement the "half-control system" in one or both of them given the Neue Ziel was originally intended to be constructed during the OYW, but due to its highly advanced ahead-of-its-time properties coupled with the EFSF's inevitable attack, it wasn't feasible and so remnants retreated to Axis with plans in tow (though I wonder why they destroyed the Gromlin plans instead of taking them too).

Given how effectively Anavel Gato was able to utilize it with the Neue Ziel a mere three years later (and, of course, the quasi-psycommu system in ZZ), having squads of mobile suits / mobile armors with such a system would certainly have caused problems for the Federation if the war had dragged on.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
MythSearcher

Phonix_1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm Can a tether that thin survive from the force exert on it in combat situation? Microsats release the tether just for experiments, electrodynamic test or something, not that brutal comparing to combat maneuvers.

If the wired bits are deployed to the max distance you said, like hundreds to a thousand km, would it be very difficult or time-wasting to retrieve them by wire?
It's space, the wire is pretty loose.(It will always be in tension only because of inertia)
The chance of the wire accidentally hitting something isn't that much higher than the bit themselves(considering the surface area) and the bits obviously have limited propellant that you really can't have them do very vigorous manoeuvres for a really long period.
If we are talking about wire with something like 5% of the strength of carbon nanotubes (Gundarium is more like 50~70%) I don't see why a mere thousand km will be a big problem.

Retracting the wire will be quite simple even if your bit is out of propellant, instead of needing to save propellant for deceleration and the return trip. The whole thing will be much more efficient and reliable. Retracting the wire also provides a continuous force, where it will be hard for the bit to do using propellant. The final velocity may well be faster than using propellant. Introducing wave motion in the wire can likely make the bits' movement more unpredictable.