Uh. So Freedom and Justice have thrust figures now?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Deathonator

Uh. So Freedom and Justice have thrust figures now?

Apparently this is a new addition to the Japanese and English Gundam wiki. I personally learned about it from a thread over on the Gamefaqs Gundam recreation board. Apparently the J-Wiki cites the Gundam Seed Mechanics and World sourcebook but I'm iffy and wanted to get a little confirmation if I could. This is the link to the aforementioned thread for all those curious.

Freedom allegedly packs 527000kg of thrust and Justice punches quite a bit higher at 603200kg total thrust.
Dark Duel

Re: Uh. So Freedom and Justice have thrust figures now?

As for the question of whether or not these figures are official...I don't have that book, so I can't say for sure.
Now, the GameFAQs thread rapidly devolves into an argument over the length of the Battle in Alaska, so let's ignore that completely - though one guy apparently did the math and came up with acceleration figures of 7.4G and 8.0G for the Freedom and Justice respectively, which is impressive. Anyway, nevermind.

Setting all that aside, I actually think it makes perfect sense for the Justice, with the massive primary boosters on the Fatum lifter, to have more raw thrust than the Freedom. So whatever the case, these numbers are at least logical.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathonator

I also vaguely recall reading at one point or another the Fatum used thrusters similar to the METEOR in that they were laser based rather then traditional rockets. That being said, 7 and 8G is a very respectable level of Get-Up-and-Go; if it's true we can also figure out about where the rest of the higher end Mobile Suits sit.
Dark Duel

Well, we can at least speculate, anyway.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathonator

With better information to base our speculation on at least.
hitokirigarou

Deathonator wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:18 amApparently the J-Wiki cites the Gundam Seed Mechanics and World sourcebook but I'm iffy and wanted to get a little confirmation if I could.
https://img11.pixhost.org/images/278/47491160_jft.jpg
Deathonator

hitokirigarou wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:45 am
Deathonator wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:18 amApparently the J-Wiki cites the Gundam Seed Mechanics and World sourcebook but I'm iffy and wanted to get a little confirmation if I could.
https://img11.pixhost.org/images/278/47491160_jft.jpg
So it's confirmed then, well that's pretty cool. let the speculation begin! First I need breakfast though...

Oh, and thanks for the image and stuffs Hito.
Dark Duel

Nice, good to hear. Now, to apply this new knowledge to my old fanfic and proceed accordingly to come up with thrust numbers for the rest of the MS, and calculate acceleration accordingly...

Deathonator

This begs the question of where the newer generation of ZGMF units sit, stuff like Destiny, Legend, Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom. Bare minimum the later two have to have a bump I'd think...definitely Destiny with it's VL.
Seto Kaiba

Deathonator wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:18 am Apparently this is a new addition to the Japanese and English Gundam wiki. I personally learned about it from a thread over on the Gamefaqs Gundam recreation board. Apparently the J-Wiki cites the Gundam Seed Mechanics and World sourcebook but I'm iffy and wanted to get a little confirmation if I could. This is the link to the aforementioned thread for all those curious.

Freedom allegedly packs 527000kg of thrust and Justice punches quite a bit higher at 603200kg total thrust.
By Gundam's standards, that makes for a pair of truly huge thrust-to-weight ratios... does the Cosmic Era have any kind of inertial damper technology like Post-Disaster or Anno Domini do?
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
DoubleZero

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:35 pm By Gundam's standards, that makes for a pair of truly huge thrust-to-weight ratios... does the Cosmic Era have any kind of inertial damper technology like Post-Disaster or Anno Domini do?
Maybe Phase Shift, perhaps? I remember reading something about Strike Freedom's PS armor helping the pilot withstand G-forces from its propulsion system.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
E08

Deathonator wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:14 pm I also vaguely recall reading at one point or another the Fatum used thrusters similar to the METEOR in that they were laser based rather then traditional rockets.
It is the GINN High Maneuver Type that uses a prototype of METEOR's propulsion system.
DoubleZero wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 am
Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:35 pm By Gundam's standards, that makes for a pair of truly huge thrust-to-weight ratios... does the Cosmic Era have any kind of inertial damper technology like Post-Disaster or Anno Domini do?
Maybe Phase Shift, perhaps? I remember reading something about Strike Freedom's PS armor helping the pilot withstand G-forces from its propulsion system.
Rather than the pilot, it is for the MS itself. High Gs can wrecked havoc for a machine not design for it.