Which series has "cornerstone" mecha designs?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domtropen

Re: Which series has "cornerstone" mecha designs?

The Bronze tribe in the anime Heroic Age is insect-type being that can shoot beam, fight in space and have hives and can warp. For the big size and weirdness the old manga Maps by Hasegawa Yuichi has the main enemy tribe as a flying head the size of the planet with psychic power.
False Prophet

Anyone here have any idea which show should I look up to for transformable cyborg-like (A.K.A Evangelion style) mechas? I am thinking of Zoids and Transformer, and that the transformable mechas would have a more monster, less animal look to them, but what else?
Seto Kaiba

False Prophet wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:11 am Anyone here have any idea which show should I look up to for transformable cyborg-like (A.K.A Evangelion style) mechas? I am thinking of Zoids and Transformer, and that the transformable mechas would have a more monster, less animal look to them, but what else?
Though I've not watched the series myself, Gundam AGE may have what you seek.

Specifically, the Vagan ovv-a Baqto, ovva-af Danazine, ovv-f Gafran, ovw-cc Gomel, ovw-dc Wrozzo, and xvv-xc Zedas. Very heavy on the dragon motifs there, though there's also a few of the "suspiciously front-heavy quadruped" type.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Kuruni

Metal Sonic's Metal Overlord form...(I hate myself)

Getter Robo series' enemies (post G) would be good choice too.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Henyo

i suggest looking into Super Sentai/ Power Ranger mechs. they've covered lots of bases over the past 40 years.
looking for multi form transformer units?
look up Tokumei gobusters. the red ranger's mech can turn into a car, a cougar AND a humanoid form. said humanoid form is the one that is used for the team's main mech. blue and yellow's units form the armor.

going a bit earlier, Choujn Sentai Jetman has that old school aesthetic. their animal motifs are easily identifiable all the while not losing their overall jet inspired shaped. Jet Garuda is also good if you like your transformable unit bulky. think Raideen's god bird mode minus the twisting of the limbs.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
False Prophet

So, my work with the mecha is almost done, and now I move to other combat vehicles design. I am looking for warship designs that mimics the look of animal (for the animal super robot faction). Anyone have any idea other than toku shows?

I am looking for something kind of like this: http://www.eurekamagazine.co.uk/design- ... -1/160128/
MythSearcher

False Prophet wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 am So, my work with the mecha is almost done, and now I move to other combat vehicles design. I am looking for warship designs that mimics the look of animal (for the animal super robot faction). Anyone have any idea other than toku shows?

I am looking for something kind of like this: http://www.eurekamagazine.co.uk/design- ... -1/160128/
The Darius series has bosses that all liked like mecha fish.

Ace Combat has the P-1112 Aigaion that looked like a manta ray.

I do recall a space opera manga that has ships designed specifically like sea creatures(the author said it in the design notes and those are so obvious that you really can't miss the references), but I don't remember the name. Read it around 10~15 years ago.

And a recent chapter of the youkai manga "Nekomusume no Michikusa Nikki"(Dawdle Dairy of the Cat Girl) has a submarine that looked like whatever a Isonade is:
http://www.dm5.com/m526193/#ipg10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isonade
Kuruni

ZCDX-01 Whale King, although it isn't so great as warship (its main function is carrier).

There're also Jaguar Vulcan and GigaBitus. Again, both are more of carrier that can fight pretty well.

If you count dragon, then there're also the three Maryu from Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu, Gundole from Dancouga, and Dragon's Hive from Dancouga Nova.

Now, if you count actual animal/monster used as warship. There're Mechasaurus Guda and Invincible Battleship Dai from the good old Getter Robo (they also have fish-like giant submarine in manga), as well as Demon Beast Daitanix from Seijuu Sentai Gingaman.
My girlfriend was a loli.