Why do MS eyes glow?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Seto Kaiba

Re: Why do MS eyes glow?

MythSearcher wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am A fun thing in Igloo is the use of that light as a binary code communication in the first episode. The bandwidth of that would be so poor that he can likely just say "I'm Char Azanable" but the switch to show the protagonist instead of the lighting phrase it as quick as normal pace sentence.

Which means the pilot has some level of control to the light of the eyes, BTW.
Direct or indirect, yeah... he may just be typing a message in on a keyboard and letting the computer handle the actual intensity of the eye. I don't recall them saying it was binary though, I pulled up a YouTube video of that scene and it looks more to me like Morse code.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

Seto Kaiba wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:26 pm
MythSearcher wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am A fun thing in Igloo is the use of that light as a binary code communication in the first episode. The bandwidth of that would be so poor that he can likely just say "I'm Char Azanable" but the switch to show the protagonist instead of the lighting phrase it as quick as normal pace sentence.

Which means the pilot has some level of control to the light of the eyes, BTW.
Direct or indirect, yeah... he may just be typing a message in on a keyboard and letting the computer handle the actual intensity of the eye. I don't recall them saying it was binary though, I pulled up a YouTube video of that scene and it looks more to me like Morse code.
I am not saying binary as machine/computer language binary, but the signal composition.
Morse code is binary(comprise of a long and a short signal) in this sense.
I figured the code will be handled by the computer, but the analysis by the protagonist is way too fast for Morse code or any binary signal codes. If it flashes too fast, the human eye cannot pick up the signals(and it would be impossible to decode by a human brain even if it is just slow enough for the eye to pick up.)
E08

Seto Kaiba wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 amGundam 00 had the eyes constantly lit in Trans-Am mode, and once the facial armor was knocked off the Exia the actual camera system was depicted as being constantly illuminated in a menacing red.
If the red eye here is regarding the Gundam Exia Repair, then that is actually a scavenged part from a Tieren series MS.
Deathzealot wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:26 amThe Flags have an AI System that control the visor's "eyes" which can change depending on the pilot's command to the AI, or something like that.
The orange part of the Flag's head isn't a visor, and the parts that light up are simply very small sensor units and they are present on both cheeks. The lighting up of these AI controlled sensor units are for visual communications and intimidation
Deathzealot

They call it a visor I thought?
E08

Nope, the 1/100 Overflag manual where the relevant information first appeared (I think) simply call the orange part 'the equivalent of the face'. The Flag's main camera is in the tiny slit between the orange part and the head armor.
MythSearcher

E08 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:53 am Nope, the 1/100 Overflag manual where the relevant information first appeared (I think) simply call the orange part 'the equivalent of the face'. The Flag's main camera is in the tiny slit between the orange part and the head armor.
A simpler version is found in the 00 HG Union Flag that came out about 7 months earlier.
"The part where the face is supposed to be is a collection of sensor particles, which can also be used to display various specific light patterns."
Overflag further elaborate that a bit and said the pattern to display is chose by the onboard AI and one of them is the widely known single eye for intimidation but is also capable of displaying that on both sides.

(I guess since they don't have a 1/100 Union Flag, they placed the info in Overflag's manual, since the HG Overflag manual and the HG Graham special Union Flag didn't have this info)

Since the paragraph goes on to say the main sensor is in between the part of the "Face" and the "Head armour", I guess they refer to the orange part as "Face". Considering the display of facial expressions(light patterns), it IS the face of Flag.

I like how they say the small lasers as communication AND as anti-personnel weapons.

Out of curiousity, I check Enact, Masurao, Susanoo and Brave, none of them talked about the face part anymore, just that Susanoo uses Daryl's Overflag's head.
Last edited by MythSearcher on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
E08

Thanks for the clarification, but I don't think the 1/100 Over Flag manual specifically says the 'eye'-like illumination is red...
Last edited by E08 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E08

Accidental double post
Last edited by E08 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E08

Accidental double post
MythSearcher

E08 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:25 pm Thanks for the clarification, but I don't think the 1/100 Over Flag manual specifically says the 'eye'-like illumination is red...
Ah, yes, it didn't say it is red, I guess I mix up with the info I was reading up there about Exia and typed the extra 'red' in without closely reading the manual. Sorry about that.

Fixed.