What part of the Minovsky Particle itch you?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
False Prophet

What part of the Minovsky Particle itch you?

First, I want to make a comparision between Zombie Virus and Minovsky Particle. A fictional setting may need a somewhat sounded explaination for all of its out-of-this world elements. Zombie Virus fits this bill to the T - a deathly, incurable disease, capable of doing the impossible - detroying the human nervous system and then taking over the body - but can only transfer through direct contact with the infectee's fluid, not airborne or sexually-transfered. And there you have it, the perfect strawdoll for your solo-heroic fantasy.

Minovsky particle is the same with Gundam. But of course, like Zombie Virus, it is not perfect - or at least not perfectedly fleshed out. So I want to ask which "grey area" of Minovsky Particle do you think that needs explaination? My personal choice would be the reflective attribute of Minovsky beams (E.g Does Anti-Beam Coating works like a mirror (reflecting) or a heat-resistant paint (disspassating), or how the hell the Shamblo can reflect the beams with its bits (I-field?)
Kuruni

Re: What part of the Minovsky Particle itch you?

not airborne or sexually-transfered.
I recommend you to check All Flesh Must be Eaten, both variants of zombie virus are present in core rulebook alone.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

False Prophet wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:59 am
Minovsky particle is the same with Gundam. But of course, like Zombie Virus, it is not perfect - or at least not perfectedly fleshed out. So I want to ask which "grey area" of Minovsky Particle do you think that needs explaination? My personal choice would be the reflective attribute of Minovsky beams (E.g Does Anti-Beam Coating works like a mirror (reflecting) or a heat-resistant paint (disspassating), or how the hell the Shamblo can reflect the beams with its bits (I-field?)
You may want to be a bit more familiar with the settings of M particles...

Anti-beam coating isn't a part of the Minovsky tech, but a nano-level abrasive coating that vapourizes when it is heated and carry away a large amount of heat energy.
I'd speculate that it also forms a vapour wall that blocks the incoming beam for a short while.
Beam reflectors, on the other hand, does use Minovsky particles, and basically is a large beam cannon barrel. The in-universe explanation is that M particles and Mega particles(the degenerated M particles) have a Tau force that repels each other. Since the I-Field is a lattice structure formed by the positively and negatively charged M particles, it can be controlled via an EM field, and form into strange shapes to direct Mega particles(beam shots) to other directions, including reflecting them. Think of it is a virtual barrel made of M particles and the Mega particles runs through inside of the barrel and comes out from the other end.
This is not much of a grey area in the settings, at least not today. It was explained at least back in 1989, for the Reflector Incom on Ex-S's knees, which is in turn a smaller version of Psycho Gundam Mk-II's Reflector Bits. The design notes next the Psycho Gundam Mk-II (it was still Mk-III on the line art) says the Reflector Bits used Magnetic Field to Reflect Mega beam, which is a lot less elaborated.
False Prophet

MythSearcher wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:10 pm You may want to be a bit more familiar with the settings of M particles...

Anti-beam coating isn't a part of the Minovsky tech, but a nano-level abrasive coating that vapourizes when it is heated and carry away a large amount of heat energy.
I'd speculate that it also forms a vapour wall that blocks the incoming beam for a short while.
Beam reflectors, on the other hand, does use Minovsky particles, and basically is a large beam cannon barrel. The in-universe explanation is that M particles and Mega particles(the degenerated M particles) have a Tau force that repels each other. Since the I-Field is a lattice structure formed by the positively and negatively charged M particles, it can be controlled via an EM field, and form into strange shapes to direct Mega particles(beam shots) to other directions, including reflecting them. Think of it is a virtual barrel made of M particles and the Mega particles runs through inside of the barrel and comes out from the other end.
This is not much of a grey area in the settings, at least not today. It was explained at least back in 1989, for the Reflector Incom on Ex-S's knees, which is in turn a smaller version of Psycho Gundam Mk-II's Reflector Bits. The design notes next the Psycho Gundam Mk-II (it was still Mk-III on the line art) says the Reflector Bits used Magnetic Field to Reflect Mega beam, which is a lot less elaborated.
Ah, thank you for clearing that up for me!