The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.

Moderators: ShadowCell, Heretic, mcred23, EZero8, Draco Starcloud, SNT1, Kenji

yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by yazi88 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 am

Do we know if it was actual Mars Branch Grazes in that final battle on Mars? Cause I thought Mars branch played Neutral while Rustal's forces were deployed. If its the green colors, that's not always just the Mars branch colors. Because during the battle against Dawn Horizon Corps, we saw Rustal's space Grazes that fought against Tekkadan during that time were also colored Green.

SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by SonicSP » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:28 am

I seriously doubt they could have afforded to stay neutral given the weight of Rustal's and the council's after winning the Earth battle. Turning a blind eye to McGillis passing is one thing, not actively deploying when the big boss asks you is another especially after McGillis's true bloodline was revealed.

E08
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by E08 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:45 am

Official site updated with lineart for Orga's Shiden and Graze Schild

The Graze Schild profile noted that it is a custom Graze used by the Arianrhod Fleet. Its basic armament consisted of a large shield and halberd. Participating in controlled group battle, its primary mission is to lay siege and suppress city or targeted organization.

Also, twitter information for the repaired Reginlaze Julia: Its right hand now has five fingers, and the sword and shield it uses are developed for Reginlaze. However, the sword is fitted with the rare metal tip of the Julian Swords.

Deathzealot
Elitist Earth Politician

Post by Deathzealot » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Wonder if we ever are going to get lineart for some the lesser known ships, like the Montag Company Ship, and the Turbines Transport ships.

Calubin_175

Post by Calubin_175 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:28 am

E08 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:45 am
Official site updated with lineart for Orga's Shiden and Graze Schild

The Graze Schild profile noted that it is a custom Graze used by the Arianrhod Fleet. Its basic armament consisted of a large shield and halberd. Participating in controlled group battle, its primary mission is to lay siege and suppress city or targeted organization.

Also, twitter information for the repaired Reginlaze Julia: Its right hand now has five fingers, and the sword and shield it uses are developed for Reginlaze. However, the sword is fitted with the rare metal tip of the Julian Swords.
Looking back at episode 50 when the Grazes were trying to suppress the berserk Lupus Rex, I find it funny how only the normal Grazes and Julietta were carrying firearms. It goes to show that concentrated suppressive fire may work against a berserker like this. Therefore, the Graze Schild may not work against super fast targets.

The Graze pilots did show skill and adaptability by hurling their axes at their target.

Crowd melee tactics have its limitations as you could tell from some beat em up video games, the target only has limited surface area to accommodate for 3-4 melee opponents at a time.

Wow, I just realised that the two who killed Guts were Reginlazes with their bayonet heavy rifles. So they must have gotten few left from the 18 initially produced. Bael also destroyed a few in space. Despite the possibility of Arianrhod having gotten another batch, it is highly unlikely otherwise we should have seen at least a squad accompanying Julieta.

yazi88

Post by yazi88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:18 am

Is there any info about Orga's/Eugene's white Shiden? I'm curious if it had the AV system in it or not.

Kuruni
Der Bigen Slicen

Post by Kuruni » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:26 am

No. In fact, the official site only has its image without even short description.
My girlfriend was a loli.

E08
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by E08 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:59 am

Another twit by Kanetake Ebikawa roughly says that the space combat specialized Reginlaze Julia isn't really that bad at ground combat. He notes that if the normal Reginlaze is graded 'A' for in and out of the atmosphere, the Reginlaze Julia is 'SS' in outer space and 'A+' in the atmosphere.

PowerdGNFlag
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by PowerdGNFlag » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:51 am

The only problem I can see with using the Reginlaze Julia on the ground is having to drag its formerly-attached-to-the-legs thrusters, which now dangle mostly uselessly from the side skirts. I can't remember if they were used in the brief Barbatos fight but the connection looks flimsy enough that I'd guess that they weren't.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...

E08
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by E08 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:25 am

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:51 am
The only problem I can see with using the Reginlaze Julia on the ground is having to drag its formerly-attached-to-the-legs thrusters, which now dangle mostly uselessly from the side skirts. I can't remember if they were used in the brief Barbatos fight but the connection looks flimsy enough that I'd guess that they weren't.
Not really, the legs thrusters can still be attached and used for boosting the suit in ground combat. See ep 50, around 9:11-9:12.

yazi88

Post by yazi88 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:58 pm

According to Gundam Tri-Age, Eugene's White Shiden has a similar long sword as the Barbatos from season 1, although it doesn't look like his Shiden has the AV system.

http://www.gundam-try.com/news/tekkaryoran35.php

E08
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by E08 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:29 pm

If i'm not mistaken, that is the Barbatos' Long Sword without the white sword cover. However, since it is from a game, i wouldn't take its use by the white shiden as 100% official.

yazi88

Post by yazi88 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:41 pm

True, I'm waiting for the official kit to get more info, it might be optional weapon, like the Barbatos Lupus which also had a improved long sword on the kit but never used it in the anime.