TMS-007X Z Gustav

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Shinji_Shinigami

TMS-007X Z Gustav

I stumbled upon this mobile suit by coincidence on the gundam wiki.

unfortunatly the describtion does not give this much information for this suit, for which my question is:

Whats this units deal?

I never was a fan of the Z gundam itself, yet i liked most of the Mass produced models more than the original. But this thing looks impressive and kind of menacing. I like it, and would like to know more about it and the story arround and maybe behind it.

Thanks for your help
bilbros

Re: TMS-007X Z Gustav

In a nutshell, the Z Gustav - a MS based on the data retrieved by the escaping Zeon forces from the RX-78-2 relic recovered at A Baoa Qu - is the Gundam of the "zeonified AEUG", as depicted by Kazuhisa Kondo in the manga Side Story of Gundam Zeta. Here the author provides his own alternative interpretations on Z Gundam's basic premises, main characters and mecha.
Shinji_Shinigami

So, is it more of a Z Gundam replacement and the story unfolds more or less the same, or is it a original alternate take on the whole afair? And are there any more arts of it, then in the wiki? Its Waverider form looks cooler then the Z ones ^^ at least to me.

There is still a lot more i wish to know about it, but given the age and volumes of the manga, there is little to gain...unfortunatly...i like the concept
bilbros

As said, the story is alternative compared to the originary one, so that many things are more or less completely changed.
Just to name a few:
Spoiler
- Kamille is enlisted in the AEUG from the very beginning;
- Quattro is sided with the Titans, and pilots an RX-100 Hyaku Shiki (i.e. substantially identical to an MSR-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai);
- AEUG is mostly composed by Zeon remnants; among their mass production mobile suits there are the MS-20 Hizack and the MS-22 Marasai;
- Titans have the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II and RX-178R Gundam Mk-III, both of which are at least limited production units.
Unfortunately, the manga spans only over a single volume, and ends quite abrubtly without a full development of its highly interesting premises.

Concerning your question about more arts, as obvious as it might sound, try to perform an image swarch for the word Zグスタフ [i.e. the Japanese for Z Gustav], the model number TMS-007X, the English name Z-Gustav, both as single terms or in a combination.
And if you like to see more variations, look out for the other Gustav-type MS designed by Kondo:

LPW-007AL Schreck Gustav [シュレイク・グスタフ]
LPW-007CD Schreck Gustav [シュレイク・グスタフ]
LPW-007CN Faust Gustav [ファウスト・グスタフ]
LPW-007EG Schreck Gustav [シュレイク・グスタフ]
LPW-007SJ Schreck Gustav [シュレイク・グスタフ]
Lpw-0076 Schreck Gustav Air-Land Battle Arms

8)
Zeonista

I still would like a Z Gustav 1/144 model. But only a resin kit was made back in the day. It is not so sleek looking as Zeta Plus or Delta, but it still has its own graceful appearance.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Gelgoog Jager

That's a quite interesting unit. Personally I like to think that in alternative timelines where Zeon did won the OYW, the Z Gundam and ZZ Gundam could have been Zeon units. Besides, the Zeong is supposedly short for "Zeon Gundam", therefore Z Gundam certainly sounds like a similar play of words.