Docking of G-Armour and GM units

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domino

Docking of G-Armour and GM units

There are some examples of the G-Armour docking with regular GM units - like in the recent Gundam Thunderbolt anime - but how were they docked in regular OYW EFSF battleships?

Were they launched from Columbus units which definitely had the space for multiple GMs? If so, would they have been assembled into the combination within the ship or were GM pilots skilled enough to dock in mid-flight - considerably easier since it would be in space?

Also, do we know if any G-Armours could be docked inside the refitted Salamis and Magellan battleships?

AFAIK, GMs could only be docked inside a Columbus and had to be strapped/attached to the hull of the Magellan/Salamis
domino

Re: Docking of G-Armour and GM units

Actually, the extra clip at the end of the Thunderbolt OVA shows the G-Fighter launching from the bottom bay of the Salamis battleship
Gelgoog Jager

In the case of the OVA, I guess they are going with the original TV series setting of having the Salamis and Magellan cargo bays refitted for carrying MS units, something which most series afterwards have ignored or replaced some other way. That being said, I do have concerns on the amount of room a G-Armor would take inside a Salamis class vessel, specially horizontally.

More importantly, Thunderbolt itself seemed to be aware of the Salamis incapacity to carry MS which is why the had the modified/fused Colombus "Beehive" work as a makeshift large capacity MS carrier. My personal guess is that even writhing Thunderbolt that one Salamis ship might have been a one of a kind ship specially modified to service the G-Armor. Either way, the G-Fighter itself is supposedly a very rare unit, so it's unlikely that the Salamis class in general had to be refitted to service such irregular units.

One last thing: I can't check right now, but in one of the Gundam Evolve episodes we see a G-Armor docked with what seems to be the G-3 Gundam. Do we get a glimpse of what ship deployed it in the episode?
domino

Sounds like you're referring to Evolve 11

Unfortunately the source of the G-Armour in that episode is not shown