Gran-xandria

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ChaoticSheep1

Gran-xandria

Apparently ReZeon in the new AoZ series has gotten a hold of a certain Titan's warship and made it their own.

http://imgur.com/bc7qwle

What do ya guys think?

Edit: Got a bigger image. Thank's ShadowCell.
Last edited by ChaoticSheep1 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
PowerdGNFlag

Re: Gran-xandria

The Alexandria is basically a Feddie-styled Musai so I won't be surprised if Zeons appropriated it.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Dark Duel

I think that red one at the top might be a land battleship - looking at the bow and the port and starboard stern segments, it seems to have a dark-gray something underneath that looks to me like it could be either tank-style treads like on the Dabude/Dobday-class, or hovercraft-type equipment like on the Big Tray.
It's just hard to tell for certain because the image is so small/low-res.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ShadowCell

it's definitely a land battleship, and they did the same with a Mad Angler submarine. from what i recall of the manga itself, Re-Zeon or Zeonic Boogaloo or the Zeon Jailbait Brigade or whatever they are use these things to cruise around the Martian surface and...do stuff, i guess, i dunno.
ChaoticSheep1

Jail Bait Brigade that's a good one!

Here's a much larger image: http://imgur.com/bc7qwle

But looking the diagram at the top, it appears that it can ditch the land battleship parts and attach some Endra fin's on it. It probably can fly then. Looking at what Zeon's done to my beautiful Alexandria class. It's so gross. At least they fixed the AA problem.
Last edited by ChaoticSheep1 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell

:| why does wikia keep resizing these damn images, the ones i posted were like 2000 x 4000 pixels, but then i click again and get these uselessly tiny low-res versions

edit: well this should fix that
ChaoticSheep1

Don't mind if I link that bigger picture instead of the wiki? Cause I did.
Gelgoog Jager

Anyone else noticed the smaller ship/vehicle with an accompanying Hizack? I wonder if it's supposed to dock with the Gran-Xandria, perhaps under the belly? The idea slightly reminds me of the Gunperry.

As for Zeon utilizing an Alexandria class, personally I like to think that the Alexandria class Hario could have been a Zeon design that the EF captured from Zeon after the OYW, which they later modified into the actual Alexandria class, most likely in a similar fashion as the Galbaldy Beta. The round shapes of the Hario's bridge definitely seem something more akin to Zeon ship designs.

Also, despite having better firepower thanks to replacing the top small turrets with large ones, it's stuck with the regular EF forces, not to mention that its MS compliment is largely made of MS-06K units. I think such scenario would make more sense if the Hario is actually an older OYW ship that Zeon didn't get to deploy. Besides, we are now aware that the Gwanban class and Neue Ziel are also late OYW that Zeon didn't manage to deploy or finish in time for the final Battle at A Baoa Qu. Also, some of the last ship designs Zeon deployed were the Dolos class and Zanzibar Kai class (MSV-R) which emphasize the need for MS hangars and catapults, a need a potential "Hario class" could have fulfilled as well.
Wingnut

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Anyone else noticed the smaller ship/vehicle with an accompanying Hizack? I wonder if it's supposed to dock with the Gran-Xandria, perhaps under the belly? The idea slightly reminds me of the Gunperry.
Unlike the Pegasus class, I don't see an obvious spot where you'd dock the thing, but it is an interesting idea that could have been copied from data in Zeon's Trojan Horse files.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ChaoticSheep1

That smaller ship is a Gunperry that has been modified into a hover vehicle like most of the ReZeon ground ships.
Gelgoog Jager

The alternative for fitting that vehicle is the rear hangar like section that replaces the Alexandria class central engines. I think it might barely fit inside. As for it being based on the Gunperry, I guess I do see some resemblance.

By the way, I just noticed that the Gran-Xandria is more likely based on a standard Alexandria class ship rather than the Aswan: it preserves the lower MS hangar, which can barely be seen from front images right below the front turrets, and which is of the same type as the standard Alexandria class ship, instead of the prolonged version of the Aswan. Perhaps another point in favor of the Hario being a captured Zeon design?

Also, based on Mark’s estimation of the Alexandria’s length being 285m, I think this ship is between 385m and 390m long, putting it right in the ballpark of other Zeon capital warships such as the Gwazine.
ChaoticSheep1

It's called a Granperry.Re. if I had an account for something like photobucket or whatever I'd link it.