Color of the MS-06 Zaku II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Erisie

Color of the MS-06 Zaku II

https://i.imgur.com/FUIUv9P.jpg

I only wanted to post an image I found by mere chance online. Apparently, the shades of green on the Zaku II have varied tremendously over the years and sources: artbooks like Entertainment Bible, Gundam Mechanics, Gundam Fact File, Gundam Historica, the yearly MS Illustrated Encyclopedia and even online sources like Gundam.info.

I don't think this is a subject we'll ever see a final response on, unless Bandai/Sunrise/Sotsu settle for a single standarized set of shades from a color system, such as Pantone, PCCS, Munsell, Federal Standard, etc. Color is an extremely subjective topic.
Spoiler
My favorite is still the last one, heh, heh...
Seto Kaiba

Re: Color of the MS-06 Zaku II

Erisie wrote:https://i.imgur.com/FUIUv9P.jpg

I only wanted to post an image I found by mere chance online. Apparently, the shades of green on the Zaku II have varied tremendously over the years and sources: artbooks like Entertainment Bible, Gundam Mechanics, Gundam Fact File, Gundam Historica, the yearly MS Illustrated Encyclopedia and even online sources like Gundam.info.
It's worth noting that some (possibly most) of that may be the vagaries of the print process of the books in question. Some art books have better-quality color printing than others.

(Mind you, I'm sure they'd take the cop-out answer and claim that the variations in Zaku Green are actual variations between paint batches delivered to the military.)
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Wingnut

Seto Kaiba wrote:It's worth noting that some (possibly most) of that may be the vagaries of the print process of the books in question. Some art books have better-quality color printing than others.
Pretty much this on most of those. The shades seem to have faded and "repainted" at least once over the years.
Still at the end of the day, "It's green.".
Last edited by Wingnut on Mon May 23, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
MythSearcher

The Official answer might be "Buy the Bandai Zaku colour paint set and you have your standardized colour set"